thorn (1 Viewer)

scroobiustom

Did a good job for Bury, earlier in the season. Lead them from 2-0 down to 2-2 against Coventry.

A shoe in for the job....

CW6

Sorry lads on me phone and can't see the old boy news! Would be interesting to see how he did if he did get it.

Sick Boy

Good luck to him. I wish him no ill will unlike some on here.

I don't think anyone wishes him 'ill'.

I have said that I hope he gets back into management as he obviously has too much much potential to not be shared with the World.

ajsccfc

I wish him all the best, but I do wish people would move on from obsessing about him here before too long.

Some posters will allude to him throughout the whole season. If Robins picks up points, Thorn is shit - look how a proper manager does. If Robins struggles, Thorn is shit - it is his team and the players are at fault. Similarly (although it would appear to be to a much lesser extent), Robins picks up points, Thorn was decent - they are his players. Robins struggles, Thorn was decent - his record wasn't so dismal at the start of this season after all. It was dull on here when he was the manager, some people will try to periodically insist that remains the case. They are already in the minority, don't sweat it.

As a side issue, if we can talk about the manager we employed today (off topic for this thread, granted), sounds like a decent enough move for a Club in our position. I will not be obsessing over his record with past clubs, the opinions of fans of said clubs or his win ratio up to now. I will be looking at how the team start to line up and play from now on. We needed it to go through sooner, but he is here now and I hope we move in the only direction left for us... rapidly up the table. I couldn't get a ticket for Shrewsbury as I hadn't realised you couldn't pay on the gate and have only been able to get to Yeovil, Sheff Utd and Stevenage this season, so still think the new players and old players are not completely without talent. I hope any loanees are better than what we already have and that it gives the players a rocket up their arse without even the need for the hairdryer treatment from the manager. One period of uncertainty over (in the respect of the manager alone), let's get behind the players, the manager and the team we all support and will be watching in our hundreds, if not thousands, against Carlisle on Saturday!

Users who are viewing this thread