Thorn (1 Viewer)

Didge76

Would you do the honourable thing and fook off. After a decent start we as usual go to pot within the space of 2 minutes. A total clearout from top to bottom is needed, and also what was that knob Baker doing cross it ffs.

cornoccfc

Nothing to do with the 11 players on the field, most of them kids without the experience needed to battle against a Southampton side who take the chances they get. :facepalm:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

A decent start? Doesn't that mean Thorn chose the balance of the team well and set them up to compete?

How can he legislate for individual mistakes?

Astute

Would you do the honourable thing and fook off. After a decent start we as usual go to pot within the space of 2 minutes. A total clearout from top to bottom is needed, and also what was that knob Baker doing cross it ffs.

I am glad you have shared your lack of knowledge with us.

Didge76

I am glad you have shared your lack of knowledge with us.

Deluded, open your fecking eyes. It's embarrassing to be watching this. Have a look and you will see that their manager instills confidence in his players and the 2 clowns in our technical area have not got a clue!!!!!

torchomatic

Funny isn't it? There always need to be a scapegoat with City fans. Looking at the bigger picture is nigh on impossible for most of them.

"It was Thorn wot done it."

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Deluded, open your fecking eyes. It's embarrassing to be watching this. Have a look and you will see that their manager instills confidence in his players and the 2 clowns in our technical area have not got a clue!!!!!

So it's the confidence instilled in their players that's the difference, and not their bigger, better, more expensive squad of proven players?

And there was me thinking other factors may have played a part. Jeez, its just been the manager all along. Why couldn't the rest of us have seen it earlier?

stupot07

So it's the confidence instilled in their players that's the difference, and not their bigger, better, more expensive squad of proven players?

And there was me thinking other factors may have played a part. Jeez, its just been the manager all along. Why couldn't the rest of us have seen it earlier?

Yeah Adkins installed plenty of confidence in Scunthorpe's two relegations from the championship.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

2 of the goals could have stopped by having a man on post at corners.

The bloke can't manage

With the greatest of respect, that's normally the call of the keeper, and easy to point out in retrospect. The keeper will decide if he wants a player on the line. For every time he could make the clearance, there's another when the player on the line gets in the keeper's way. At which point, Thorn would doubtless have got the blame again....

Astute

So our team of mainly youth squad play sh!t did they?

Are you sure it is me that is deluded?

Didge76

So our team of mainly youth squad play sh!t did they?

Are you sure it is me that is deluded?

So can you specifically state where I mentioned our youth players were as you say sh*te??? Get a grip if you see the title it's about thorn not the "youth" players who actually did not disgrace themselves. What is it with all of you posters who believe that thorn/ Harrison are any good, I'm sorry he/they are not and the stats will back that up end of.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Stats make no allowance for mitigating factors do they though? Let me give you an example; you're a very good archer. You can hit the bullseye every time. Now, I take away your arrows and you have to shoot with savaloys. You can't hit the target with the floppy sausages. Your stats get worse. There ate mitigating factors. Can you see?

MattCCFC

Thorn's probably not the man and his management is probably to blame along with having a poor squad and poor finances etc etc. there are things that are down to the coaching of the team and the tactic. how many goals have we scored from set pieces? how many games have we thrown away from winning positions? But he's what we've got. he does encourage good football and we surely wouldnt attract a better manager with the state of the club as it is. so he's not going anywhere. lets just support him and hope that he learns and improves after this.

also though a rumour i heard the other day.....thorn to go back to his scouting role and bruce rioch promoted to manager.......

Johnnythespider

Just thought i'd mention that Nigel Adkins, you know, he's the bloke who's just taken the saints from league one to the premier league, well 6 years ago he was the physio at scunthorpe utd. We have had too many managers over the last ten years, lets try sticking with one for a change.

stupot07

Just thought i'd mention that Nigel Adkins, you know, he's the bloke who's just taken the saints from league one to the premier league, well 6 years ago he was the physio at scunthorpe utd. We have had too many managers over the last ten years, lets try sticking with one for a change.

Adkins also suffered two relegations from the championship at Scunthorpe.

Macca

Stats make no allowance for mitigating factors do they though? Let me give you an example; you're a very good archer. You can hit the bullseye every time. Now, I take away your arrows and you have to shoot with savaloys. You can't hit the target with the floppy sausages. Your stats get worse. There ate mitigating factors. Can you see?

Not really because you're talking about archery and sausages :D;)

S

SkyBlue Baker96

if thorn goes who will we bring in? the club has no money so we can't invest in a new manager... IMO thorn hasn't done a bad job, yes we have conceded a lot of goals and certainly not scored many but the style of play we have now is pretty good, we have shown positives throughout the season that we can play passing football and create scoring opurtunities , consistancy is what we need and next season , if thats a big if we get funds to improve and strengthen the squad i don't see why we can't get promoted at first time in asking

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Thorn's probably not the man and his management is probably to blame along with having a poor squad and poor finances etc etc. there are things that are down to the coaching of the team and the tactic. how many goals have we scored from set pieces? how many games have we thrown away from winning positions? But he's what we've got. he does encourage good football and we surely wouldnt attract a better manager with the state of the club as it is. so he's not going anywhere. lets just support him and hope that he learns and improves after this.

also though a rumour i heard the other day.....thorn to go back to his scouting role and bruce rioch promoted to manager.......

Bruce Rioch? Or do you mean Gregor Rioch? Quite a big difference considering Bruce Rioch used to manage Arsenal.

"Rioch at the Ricoh" would make a good headline at least!

Grendel

Stats make no allowance for mitigating factors do they though? Let me give you an example; you're a very good archer. You can hit the bullseye every time. Now, I take away your arrows and you have to shoot with savaloys. You can't hit the target with
he floppy sausages. Your stats get worse. There ate mitigating factors. Can you see?

But if the archer has never fired a bow in anger before why give him a bow anyway. Get an expert in who has done it before not a novice.

Nonleagueherewecome

Could Sir Alex now?!?

Grendel

All this talk of thorn and floppy sausages is quite disturbing.

cornoccfc

Could Sir Alex now?!?

Yes, he was ready for a sprint at the Everton game

561905_407449062613124_183542928337073_1393644_1334973445_n.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread