Thorn (1 Viewer)

SuperFred

sounds like he's just had a session at the oak with macca in his interview!!

coop

He just stood there all game with his hands behind his back and Harrisons had his arms spread out as if to say"I haven't got a clue"But we won so we live to fight another day the performance wasn't good enough and for much of the game it looked like an end of season game with nothing to play for.We need more fire in our bellies.

Nonleagueherewecome

Jesus, we win and you hammer him too? What fantastic supporters this club has.

Gaz

A minority of fans seem to have made there mind up and will just try to slate Thorn whenever they can.

Thankfully they are in the minority.

Nick

Administrator
Nobody was slating him? We didnt look like a team wanting to win, thankfully we did though.

Nobody wanted to shoot :(

Nonleagueherewecome

Not hammering him we just didn't look like scoring and if you don't look like scoring in a must win game then surely you make changes.

What was he meant to do? Bring on one of our 3 unfit sub options?

And Nick-I'm sorry, I read 3 or 4 disparaging comments about AT?

Nick

Administrator
That he was pissed is hardly slating him? I am glad we got a win, we were calling out for more though but it doesnt matter as we got the 3 points!

AFCCOVENTRY

I'm sure he must have a few drinks at our home games as he always sounds pissed in his interviews! Maybe he should start drinking away from home too and our problems might get sorted :)

If you had SISU as your boss... it would be enough to lead me to drink... :whistle:

dadgad

Do we have a fitness coach?
Do we have a decent squad, manager and assistant coach?
No. But considering the limitations Thorn is doing as well as anyone could be expected to.
This is borne out by the fact that we're still in with a shout of staying up! Remarkable.

Nonleagueherewecome

I'd say saying the manager sounded pissed/always does/was stood with his arms behind his back all game are criticisms! Unless we think its fine for him to be pissed?! I'd be offended if you alleged I was doing my job half-cut..

Nick

Administrator
I'd say saying the manager sounded pissed/always does/was stood with his arms behind his back all game are criticisms! Unless we think its fine for him to be pissed?! I'd be offended if you alleged I was doing my job half-cut..

But he did sound drunk? Relax with the Thorn love / bodyguarding :)

Stevec189

How many saves did their keeper make?
Would it be wrong to state the obvious and say 4 out of the 5 on target? Only thing is do goals count in the shots on target stats so maybe 5!

Celebrate the win and be thankful we are still in the dogfight. With the results today we could easily have been cast a drift but our home form keeps us in with a chance. We looked like we wanted a win - Barnsley had come to avoid defeat. The better team won. PUSB

Otis

I am celebrating the win. It was ugly and I wasn't happy with our lack of urgency first half and start of the 2nd too, but we turned the screw and pulled it out the bag.

We simply must get something at Leshtur though.

stupot07

I am celebrating the win. It was ugly and I wasn't happy with our lack of urgency first half and start of the 2nd too, but we turned the screw and pulled it out the bag.

We simply must get something at Leshtur though.

Exactly, people were saying we need to win even if it means winning ugly. We win ugly, then people moan that we haven't won in style.....

Didn't help that barnsley played 1 up top and packed the midfield and kept 10 men behind the ball

Jaypeg69

Ffs what's up with you people!?! Moan when we lose moan when we win AT's interviews are repetitive etc etc WE WON end of!!! Oh and Otis is talking sense . . . celebrate

The CableGuy

"I thought that was one of our more solid performances. It was a massive game for us and it was just important to keep doing what we were doing."

"We kept our discipline and we got our rewards for that. This could be a season-changing game for us. I just wanted to see it over the line and we did that."

"We sat down two months ago and said how important our home form was going to be because we can't get any better support than we are getting here. That's five out of six wins at home now, we just need to improve away from home."

"I did think about changing it but we were doing the right things and I just wanted us to keep the pressure on, which we did."

Nonleagueherewecome

I suppose one thing the 442 is give us a more solid defensive base and shape, but it does seem to be over-reliant on the hoof.

@richh87

Do we have a fitness coach?
Do we have a decent squad, manager and assistant coach?
No. But considering the limitations Thorn is doing as well as anyone could be expected to.
This is borne out by the fact that we're still in with a shout of staying up! Remarkable.

Spot on. Unreasonable tossers our supporters.

5 wins in 6 home games. Lovely passing football.

19 shots today versus 3 from Barnsley - the entire 2nd 45mins played in their half. Some of you are a disgrace.

Users who are viewing this thread