Thorn & Waggot (1 Viewer)

skyblue4ever

After thorn getting so much stick on here i' d just like to say that i think him & waggot deserve alot of credit for wat they have done so far in the close season. i think they have both done as best as they can with very little help from our helpful owners, the calibre and potential of the players they hav brought in have surpassed my expectations and with waggot announcing this morning that there is more to come, i am looking forward to seeing the team take shape, hopefully with keogh at the helm! ;-) keep up the good work thorn & waggot

skyblue4ever

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I agree you have to give them credit, hope they keep it up ......

..... just shows what could have been done last year on a bigger wages budget though doesnt it

DazzleTommyDazzle

So far this close season has been better than I'd feared.

Still expect Keogh to go (and if he - understandably - won't sign a new contract, then I think that's fair enough), but if he's replaced with another CB and if we can get in another goal scorer then things would be starting to look reasonably promising.

CovisGod

Agreed, hats off to Thorn and Waggot so far, a few names have been mentioned that we've actually signed and all 3 signings do far have mentioned Andy Thorns "footballing ethos" as a major part of them signing, must be saying something right

CCFCSteve

To be fair, theyve obviously freed up more than we thought on wages ie freddie, mcpake and cranie's (I wouldnt be surprised if this is £15k-£20k per week)

Nice to see some new faces in

ps probably means Keogh will be off as well though !

Last edited:

grego_gee

Agreed, hats off to Thorn and Waggot so far, a few names have been mentioned that we've actually signed and all 3 signings do far have mentioned Andy Thorns "footballing ethos" as a major part of them signing, must be saying something right
yes, he looks a bit like Vincente del Bosque too!....

Andros del Thorne...

:pimp:

Astute

..... just shows what could have been done last year on a bigger wages budget though doesnt it

We were stuck with players with a contract on very high wages. Now they are gone they can be replaced and for much less money. And as for Fatwood..........

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think a factor in that was not having Waggott involved Astute, but agree about the high value contracts to a degree ...... plus having numpties like Dulieu dealing with transfers. AT might be able to spot talent but getting the contracts done really isnt something he will have dealt with.

Fatwood......... dont get me started ..............

Astute

This is the point. Now AT has help to bring in players he wants and needs.

So how do you think Fatwood will do this season? ;)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
think there will be a shortage of pies in the Sounthend area and dip in the ground near the center circle where he stands on match days :laugh:

Think he wont do much tbh..... lost the drive to succeed

The Reverend Skyblue

Seems as though he's actually been aloud to do his job this season. Long may it continue

It seeems the Thorn debate will finally come to an end this season

The pro Thorn group can't go back to the argument about him not being allowed to bring in his type of player, and the anti Thorn group will see if he is is better than they thought.
Personally i think he'll come up short ,but i hope i am wrong and we at last win some bloody games and move this club forward at last

The Rev

Diehard Si

The proof of the pudding will come this year.

Last season we lost the spine of a team that only finished a few places above the relegation zone. More to the point we lost the 1 focal point of our attack. Marlon King was able to provide penetration when we worked it up to him. The combination of the Thorn style of play, with him up front worked. Losing him and not replacing him, Westwood, Turner and Gunna was terminal.

We played some 'nice' football last season, and for the first 2/3rds of the pitch at times we looked like one of the best teams in the league. It all went wrong in the final 1/3rd without someone like King there. We were way too 'nice', the amount of gifts we gave away at the Ricoh to visiting teams was shocking also.

But considering what had happened to our team, as I said losing it's Spine, you did have to sympathise with Thorn. Un-tested youth players are suddenly being relied upon. It was never going to go well.

Yes it did get very tedious hearing how we'd almost won a corner, and the boys had battled hard but "unfortunately come away with nothing" but we were clearly on a downwards spiral. That said, from all accounts the team spirit remained, he kept the support of the players.

So next season is the acid test. We've lost some players, but the few that have come appear at least to be certain first team players and not squad boosters.

Now we'll see what he's really about I guess.

skyblue1523

A good start to the season and we'll push on but this league is going to be a lot harder than most fans think.sheffield united kept most of their squad from the championship and they are still in the same league.PUSB

CCFC_Charlie

Sheffield United only missed out because of Evans' imprisonment, their strike force with out him is as bad as ours without McDonald

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yep, honestly I blame the deluded one. He was working against Thorn from day 1, at least in Waggot we have someone who is trying to work with him.

Users who are viewing this thread