Thorn Talk (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...2nd_Nightlead.html&TEAMHD=nationwide1&BID=360

"We worked off our shape well, we got our heads in front and to lose in that manner is disappointing when we've come so far."

"Even at the end we've run the clock down and we've been professional with the way we were finishing the game, but you can't defend like that.

"It's a knock because we've been doing so well. The manner in which we lost the game is very disappointing

"They all did well, all of them - I can't fault them. I'm just disappointed."

Paxman II

Managers out there....

How many would work with the restraints currently on the club?

Dowie, Davies, Coppell? Jones?

If any of these did would they be better than Thorn?

EleanorRigby

How many would work with the restraints currently on the club?

Dowie, Davies, Coppell? Jones?

If any of these did would they be better than Thorn?
Lets not exagerate the restraints, they don't help but are not the only reason. The diamond system ain't working especially away from home, just look at the table.

Astute

Lets not exagerate the restraints, they don't help but are not the only reason. The diamond system ain't working especially away from home, just look at the table.

So what system would you play with the players we have? Other teams have better players than us. If we play the same style as them we would get hammered more frequently. If the system is so bad how do we only lose by one goal the vast majority of the time?

EleanorRigby

So what system would you play with the players we have? Other teams have better players than us. If we play the same style as them we would get hammered more frequently. If the system is so bad how do we only lose by one goal the vast majority of the time?
Well if we are 1-0 up with 10 minutes to go and away from home something like 5-4-1 and probably a Wimbledon in the 80s approach to be honest, we get tired and stretched at the end of matches, just look at the stats, if you are able !

CUS Wyken

That's the point. We were one up with 5 mins to go. Herman was playing in front of us and you could see he was fucked with 20 mins to go. Wood could have been bought on them. He decides to make a sub once we conceded and then he takes of nimley.

Otis

Well if we are 1-0 up with 10 minutes to go and away from home something like 5-4-1 and probably a Wimbledon in the 80s approach to be honest, we get tired and stretched at the end of matches, just look at the stats, if you are able !

Well that's it. We know we get stretched in the last 10 mins. We know we keep conceding late goals. We have to try something different, cos it's clearly not working. It's either that or we just fold our arms, scratch our heads and accept that we are going to keep losing games late on for the rest of the season. With 10 mins to go I don't know why AT and Harrison don't just go back to the dressing room and wait for the final whistle.

Astute

I am able to look at the stats. I am as p1ssed off as anyone. I am also realistic.

Look at our squad to other teams even at the bottom. Look at their signings. Look at the subs made by Blackpool.......if you are able!

EleanorRigby

Seems to me there was enough experiance on the bench to do a job, makes me wonder if there are other reasons for not playing them, and why did Murphy go home alone last night ?

Last edited:

Astute

Blackpool can have players on the bench that would walk into our team because they have a strong squad, not just team. That is why they are near the top, not at the bottom like us. It is one thing putting fresh legs on. It is another thing altogether being able to put fresh legs on when the players are good enough to start the game.

Users who are viewing this thread