Thorn Talk after Ipswich defeat (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...STORY_NAME=soccer/12/02/04/manual_181925.html
http://www.ccfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10269~2600000,00.html

"We keep talking about it (late goals) but we don't learn. It keeps happening."

"We were on the break and we gave the ball away and I don't know what we are thinking."

"First and foremost you have to make sure you are solid and that you don't make mistakes. I can't tell you why we don't put (the ball) in the corner and the referee blows the whistle."

"It was disappointing to concede the penalty because it brought them back into the game. I have seen it again and it wasn't a penalty."

"I didn't think we played very well today - we didn't start well and we had a few words at half-time and we never started again in the second half. This was a big opportunity for us today and we should have taken it and we didn't."

"The weather wasn't great but that isn't any excuse for losing the game. We looked like we would win it for the majority of the match and once again, we couldn't see it through."

"I don't know how we haven't come away from the game with something and we are extremely disappointed to not get what we deserve.

"It was a great opportunity today to pick some points up and push us up the table. When we were winning the match, if you would have looked at the table, we were right in amongst the rest of the sides."

"That's where we need to be. But we have to go back and go again as we won't give up on this and we need to try and take the positives from the game."

"We did really well to come back into the match from a losing position as we seemed to improve throughout the first-half.

"Then they got a penalty and I think Richard Keogh has hardly touched him there but I don't want to say too much as I know referees have a hard job and I don't want to get in trouble.

"It is a cruel game but this is what we have to deal with. We have to go right to the final whistle and for this to happen to us twice in one week, it is hard to take.

"We need to improve late on and make sure we continue to push forward for the fans."

skyblue19

Sorry folks, but I think thorn did ok today. Changed to a 451 at half time, didn't try to defend the draw by taking off forwards. 1points are useless now, we need 3 points whatever the risk, sadly it just doesn't seem to pay off for us.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Not a fan of Thorne but to be honest there was little he did wrong yesterday - it was more down to the players. If i were being picky I think he could have broken the Ipswich rythm by a third substitution but that almost certainly wouldnt have stopped the mistakes the players made.

The team picked itself really - there wasnt anyone else available. Would anyone have done differently given those available. First 20 minutes CCFC didnt turn up couldnt pass and frankly didnt seem like they were up for it - same start of second half. Not sure the formation is that important if the players arent up for it in the first place - and there is a limit to what a manager can do in that respect. Perhaps a hangover from the Blackpool game ?

Do think that the last two games have damaged the campaign beyond repair now though

We need an experienced strong dominant leader on the pitch - we simply do not have one, it certainly is not Clingan That in my mind is the single factor for all the late losses

As for our fans giving Norwood a hard time on here - he only got here Friday, to train with team once, give the lad a chance for gods sake:facepalm:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread