Thorn now (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Is he admitting he is lacking tactically? He needs to listen back to himself!

Take the bull by the horns At and stop letting the interviewer answer the questions for you.

Skyblueloyal

he said the players are not playing the way he and the other coaches tell them too. Why are you still picking them then Thorn ?

The Penguin

If the players aren't "playing the way they are told to", either pick new players or make changes to how and what you are telling them!

Paxman II

jeez listening to the radio and all I get are 'excuses' of one sort or another.

They are not fair points. If the players are not fit enough, don't play two halves consistantly, are a better squad than most in this league and a manager is claiming they are talking promotion then get on with solving your early issues before the rot sets in.

Hitting the ground running means just that.

On this showing it's simply not good enough based on what we are seeing already not based on it being too early to judge. It's not too early to judge, to say that is patronising.

We need Cameron, Clarke, Christie and others asap.

Reynolds_121

Linnell is really pissing me off here, being far too biased. 'Should' have beaten Sheffield United? What dream world is he living in?

Gray

we were losing points from a winning position last year now we have virtually a new team and are losing points from a winning position again. the common element in this is Thorn and its going to continue as long as he is here!

Reynolds_121

It's absolutely Thorn's fault why we let so many leads slip, instead of keep doing the things that's playing well and scoring us goals, he sits deep and protects the lead, we're not good enough defensively to do that.

That Malaga today was awful, looked well off the pace.

ClarrieB

we were losing points from a winning position last year now we have virtually a new team and are losing points from a winning position again. the common element in this is Thorn and its going to continue as long as he is here!

not just Thorn, also Sisu - if they stay they will just employ another Thorn who will make the right noises regardless of results.

megaBINGO.png

Gray

not just Thorn, also Sisu - if they stay they will just employ another Thorn who will make the right noises regardless of results.

your right its the whole club from the top to the bottom its like an endless cycle

ClarrieB

It's absolutely Thorn's fault why we let so many leads slip, instead of keep doing the things that's playing well and scoring us goals, he sits deep and protects the lead, we're not good enough defensively to do that.

That Malaga today was awful, looked well off the pace.

I haven't watched a game this season - I admit that - instead I sorted some issues in the house and took the kids out. I know what to expect.

Basically - you lot said you wanted football played the beautiful way - the passing game.

Thorn loves this as he was taught by the England legend Steve 'teacup' Harrison,

He knows a player - I can possibly concede that (although I have no proof) but he has assembled a squad who can pass - they can play - even the big six footer+ boys.

But this is England - even in the premier league you must be able to battle first.

Our boys have plenty of ability but I think we lack leadership and bottle.

Had we lost Wood we would already be in a far worse position. I think he will be one of few bright lights this season.

I will return to the Ricoh when I am convinved Andy can set up the team to battle - which I do not think is possible.

We sold our leaders - less in supposed 'ability' but more with bottle

Deegs had bottle - he's at Hibs now topping the Scottish Premiership - Platt had bottle - Northampton are widely tipped to do big things this season in League 2 he was a leader.

Thorny didn't rate them though did he - no because he wants to play a certain way.

This is what has me certain we will struggle.

I predicted out of sight before Christmas - 'But it's too early' some of you cried

Users who are viewing this thread