Thorn Not To Blame (1 Viewer)

BackRoomRummermill

You cannot blame Andy Thorn for this defeat

With no league away win this season as well as a lack of luck ( the longest losing streak in history for 'lucky Andy') he should not be blamed as Forest wanted to win more.

Also we on this forum are not allowed an opinion on ' lucky Andy' so best just to bury our wee heads in the sand and say oh well no point in freshening things up for a change.

Otis

Would manily blame the players. Did think we were rather cautious though. Was expecting an all guns blazing approach to be honest. Forest were dreadful in the first half and then much better in the second. The first half when Forest were poor and the fans were on their backs was our chance. Our big chance.

Not sure whether Thorn told them to keep it tight or it was the players.

Paxman II

I do blame Thorn here. Hoof up to Platt was not working all afternoon and he failed to change it?
He seems to be hoping rather than directing what needs to happen.

Jaypeg69

So as "Head Coach" is his job not to coach the defence?? Both goals were school boy defending not even good enough for Sunday League

Blarr

I'm not sure many people would simply pin the entire blame on Thorn for the loss, but he must shoulder some of the blame at least.

It seems like the desire left us in the second half, and if the players don't have the hunger for the win then it can't happen.

Otis

Well, I am wondering.

I don't go to away games, but 7 goals in 15 games had me thinking that maybe we were too cautious on our travels. Today watching it on the TV proved that for me.

It's now 7 goals in 16 games and I don't think their keeper had a save to make the entire 90 minutes.

Otis

A lot of people saying Platt was crap today.

Don't think a single cross came near him. Wasn't his fault he wasn't in the game. He'd have to be 8 ft tall and as quick as Usain Bolt to have reached any of those balls into the box.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Two defensive HOWLERS today. Two of the poorest goals I've seen us concede in a long time. Sheffers was poor in tracking back but he was never going to beat their man for pace for the first one, but at the same time no1 ran towards their man to close him down. And the second one was equally as bad and if their man was inside, our back line seriously need to look at themselves. If Hussey isn't goin to be fit anytime soon we MUST get a LB in on loan without a doubt.

Baker was awful all game!! Freddy brought on too late (IMO he should have come on instead of Bell considering we were 1 0 down to a very poor side)

Nick

Administrator
Nimely was miles away from Platt again.

Forest made changes at half time and switched it up.

For everybody who thinks Thorn is great, can I just ask why he brought Freddy on for Deegan at 2-0 down in the last minute?

Midweek we scored 2 penalties, we played Boro who had a player sent off and then went for it by having 1 less defender so we gained from it.

Yes, Thorn is not Entirely to blame as it is schoolboy defending but he has no bottle. At 1-0 down he should have gone all out by bringing Freddy on.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I say he shud have come on instead of Bell too Nick. We seemed to do ok (not great by any accounts) at the start when the ball was played to Nimely's FEET but then we tried to match Forest at playing hoof ball and that's when our game just went tits up

Nick

Administrator
I just dont get why he waited until it got to 2-0 before changing it, the same as at Blackpool when he waited until it was 1-1 to change it...

Otis

Nimely was miles away from Platt again.

Forest made changes at half time and switched it up.

For everybody who thinks Thorn is great, can I just ask why he brought Freddy on for Deegan at 2-0 down in the last minute?

Midweek we scored 2 penalties, we played Boro who had a player sent off and then went for it by having 1 less defender so we gained from it.

Yes, Thorn is not Entirely to blame as it is schoolboy defending but he has no bottle. At 1-0 down he should have gone all out by bringing Freddy on.

To be fair I think Eastwood is just making the numbers up on the bench.

Though that does beggar the question as to why Shaun Jeffers or even Johnson Clarke-Harris wasn't included in the subs if Thorn doesn't want to utilise Freddy.

With no league away win this season as well as a lack of luck ( the longest losing streak in history for 'lucky Andy') he should not be blamed as Forest wanted to win more.

Also we on this forum are not allowed an opinion on ' lucky Andy' so best just to bury our wee heads in the sand and say oh well no point in freshening things up for a change.

Well I blame him. He is the manager. He picks the team. He choses the tactics. He motivates / trains / inspires etc etc and gets paid decent money for doing so. The apathetic performance has nothing to do with ownership / discontent among the fans or any other excuses - the buck stops with the manager: ask Mick McCarthy and Lee Clarke.

Otis

Don't understand why they were fired up and motivated for Leeds but not for today.

Puzzling.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Tell them they'll be fined a weeks wages if they lose! That'll motivate them! :D

Otis

They were up for it on Tuesday though.

What the hell was the matter with them today? Did they think they just needed to turn up to win the game or something?

Nick

Administrator
I think they must read the hype...

On Tuesday we scored with 2 penalties but people were banging on about AT being a genius and all of the players being superstars...

Grendel

Despite people waxing lyrical about thorns football style he is in essence a defensive manager. Very cautious and away definitely more concerned about conceding than scoring. 9 away defeats in a row now answers the question I think.

Colonel Mustard

They were up for it on Tuesday though.

What the hell was the matter with them today? Did they think they just needed to turn up to win the game or something?

This is one of the initial issues many (including you, I believe) had with AT. The immense performance against West Ham, in spite of a loss, raised the question of why the team wasn't putting in such performances every week. It was at that point that the "we have a terrible squad and are thus helpless" argument started to wane a bit.

Grendel

But the players love him apparently.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Didnt go so dont feel i should really comment on the performance based on radio commentary. But I have two questions based on what Ian Wallace said on the radio

1) early in the first half (10 mins) he said the midfield were playing too deep and giving the front two little support because of it. Was this correct?
2) Secondly he repeatedly commented that the defence were playing a dangerous game with the offsides. Anyone else think so ?

If the above was so in addition to a lack of performance by many players and school boy errors for the goals apparently then AT cannot be absolved from blame - he set the team up to play that way. Surely it would have been better to put Forest under pressure around their goal from the off, to play higher up the pitch as a whole unit, actually threaten their goal - but hey what do I know I wasnt there and more importantly I am not the manager!

Analysis is a matter of opinions but I still believe football is a simple game and that possession is not worth anything unless it has an end product (just to be clear that doesnt mean only forwards score)

Feel deflated by today once more - only thing i am pleased about was that i couldnt spend the £100 to go !

Nick

Administrator
But the players love him apparently.

Pathetic when I heard that today and that is why he should stay. It is like how every kid at school loves the cool teacher as they let them fuck about and get away with murder. What about the bastard teacher who made you work but you actually got decent results?

Otis

Definitely a dangerous game witht he offsides. Kept stepping up and about three times the Forest players weren't offside. Dangerous game to play.

Didn't see one single shot of ours on target today and that is not aaceptable. Not against a team om a rotten run of form and there for the taking.

slyblue57

Andy Thorns substitution tactics are amazing , forest bring on strikers because they want to win the game, they know they need to win the game.
Thorn does what he always does, brings a sub on when we go a goal down and another at 90 minutes. I do nt think he knows what substitutes
are for.

Users who are viewing this thread