Thorn Nimley score's loads of goals.... Where?? (2 Viewers)

CovLis86

Dont start judging things before the lads even pulled on a City shirt. These are dark times, we need to grab onto any slight hope we have, not damn any chance of it.

Spoke to my mate, who is a Man City fan, and he tells me City have high expectations for this lad. We should give him a chance and hopefully he will repay our faith in him.

I would preferred to have seen a more experienced striker on loan (e.g. a Rob Hulse type) but let us see how this plays out.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Let's give him a chance before we slate him. I admit I'm a bit apprehensive about his signing, I too would have preferred a more experienced player, but he is a striker, we need a striker, and he can't be worse than ROD ( only positive I can find at present, apart from pace)

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I think we've found Ian? :claping hands:

kg82

I have my reservations about Thorn but you sir make it embarrassing with your personal vendetta of someone you don't even know personally. City Old Boy? Maybe grow up a bit then.

skybluegod

umm if you read it fully it says he saw him in reserve games have you been to them no so give the lad a chance.

Paxman II

I hope Nimely is a roaring success. however conventional wisdom says he will not cure our problem and we need more new signings quickly.

CUS Wyken

If he was any good surely Middlesbrough would have kept him considering they had him for 3 months and they lack much fire power! Just because he's associated with man city and a decent prospect don't mean he's gonna be any good.

InterSkyBlues

Were you expecting Thorne to say "we've signed this young lad and he's shite, but never mind". How Thorne stays so positive in the situation beyond me? I'm glad thathe can still moderate his responses to the media and remain so up beat, but he definitely needs to or it will be even worse thatn it is.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

If Doncaster had signed him, this board would be inundated with those who questioned why we'd stood by whilst they had snapped up an Englans youth striker from Man City.

But we've signed him, so he must be an anus, huh?

CUS Wyken

If Doncaster had signed him, this board would be inundated with those who questioned why we'd stood by whilst they had snapped up an Englans youth striker from Man City.

But we've signed him, so he must be an anus, huh?

Come on fella, it's a 3 month loan. He may well be a decent prospect but we need proven players. He'll learn his trade and feck off in April. No good for our current prediciment. Bit like Gardner. Yes a great prospect but we won't have him for long enough to get the best out of him

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I am sure Thorn would love experienced players. I am sure he's enquirer about many, many such. Wonder why he can't have them?

In the interim, this lad looks a useful addition. Nothing more, nothing less. Let's at least embrace that without jaundice

CUS Wyken

My main gripe is we have young players who are gonna be here long after Nimley... Rather see them given a chance up front. Like Jeffers. What we got to lose?

Also why haven't we signed him to play tomorrow? Having to wait till Monday.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I have no idea with regards tomorrow. It can't be at the request of Thorn though; it has to be as dictated by Man City.

Frankly speaking, I would happily see 11 loan players here until the season ends - if it meant us staying up. Hopefully a take-over will enable us to make longer term plans some time soon

CUS Wyken

Why would man city be bothered?

As for 11 loans... Be Realistic eh. We have no chance of staying up. So let's build for the future and give our own players a run out rather then some premiership hopeful.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Shove your loan violently up your arse SISU!!!
You get loans to strengthen a team... We actually need a team to start with you absolute muppets!

Being relegated I can cope with. But I fear how we will we even compete in league one at this rate, we will be without Juke (and probably a few others) by the time next season comes.
Whoever or IF someone takes over, they better be prepared because they cannot just patch us up any more.

Astute

He is a striker and has come to play for City. He must be shite :facepalm:

He will have trained with better players than we have. They have world class players. For Man City to have given him a 4 year contract he must be at least capable of scoring. He is supposedly very fast. Is that why Midds tried him on the wing?

Lets do something unusual for us. He is a striker. How about playing him in a strikers role :thinking about:

shmmeee

Come on fella, it's a 3 month loan. He may well be a decent prospect but we need proven players. He'll learn his trade and feck off in April. No good for our current prediciment. Bit like Gardner. Yes a great prospect but we won't have him for long enough to get the best out of him

Where have you seen its three months? Everywhere I've read said till the end of the season. It's in the transfer window so there's no reason for it to be a 90 day job.

CUS Wyken

Where have you seen its three months? Everywhere I've read said till the end of the season. It's in the transfer window so there's no reason for it to be a 90 day job.

Well the season finishes end of April. By the time he signs Monday it'll be 3 months and 13 days. Is that ok for you pedantic toby...?

valiant15

We need experienced players,I've got an idea,why don't we just keep juke? I hope this isnt a money orientated move lol.

AFCCOVENTRY

Anyone know considering we have signed this pace machine... why he hasn't joined for the Derby game?

Or was it cheaper to take him after this game? :)

Users who are viewing this thread