Thorn is not the man. (2 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

He is tactically inept and has no clue on what to do when things go wrong.

torchomatic

If only our next manager could be some bloke in his bedroom tapping on a keyboard. We'd be Premiership champions in no time.

RichieGunns

Not another idiot with a thorn grudge.

We've heard it all before...please go away unless you can contribute sensible!

Can we not just celebrate the fact that we didnt lose???

torchomatic

Otis

I don't think he's the man for the job either, but can we at least give the poor bloke at least 10 games before we even begin to start stomping all over him?

kg82

It can feel that way when you drove for 5 hours to get there :(

I drove for ages to watch it too. I don't care about that. If we'd converted our chances we'd have won, if the ref had done his job we'd have won. I don't care about those either. What I saw I took a lot of positives from. Sure, we have to tidy our approach play up, a couple of players have to buck up their ideas, but for christ sake, it was the first game of the season, and we drew!! (By the way, I'm not having a go at you, just picked up on your post because of the long drive!!)

If Thorn is not the man then who is? Thorn isn't to blame its the squad just haven't gel well enough yet but when they do we will see a complete difference.

CUS Wyken

I drove for ages to watch it too. I don't care about that. If we'd converted our chances we'd have won, if the ref had done his job we'd have won. I don't care about those either. What I saw I took a lot of positives from. Sure, we have to tidy our approach play up, a couple of players have to buck up their ideas, but for christ sake, it was the first game of the season, and we drew!! (By the way, I'm not having a go at you, just picked up on your post because of the long drive!!)

I remember thorn saying the reason we didn't play football on the ground Tuesday was because daggers wouldn't allow us to. Could the same be said yesterday? No. All if's and buts but look at yesterday and we didn't play particulary well. If your happy with a draw at Yeovil then that's how bad we have come eh.

One side note. Donny went to Walsall and scored 3. Donny went into there game and went for the win. We go away and play for a draw AGAIN!!!!!

Sick Boy

If Thorn is not the man then who is? Thorn isn't to blame its the squad just haven't gel well enough yet but when they do we will see a complete difference.

There are numerous managers with more talent than Thorn. I doubt he will work in management again after his stint here.

If it is true that he really doesn't see any point in scouting the opposition, we really are in trouble with him in charge.

Sick Boy

I remember thorn saying the reason we didn't play football on the ground Tuesday was because daggers wouldn't allow us to. Could the same be said yesterday? No. All if's and buts but look at yesterday and we didn't play particulary well. If your happy with a draw at Yeovil then that's how bad we have come eh.

One side note. Donny went to Walsall and scored 3. Donny went into there game and went for the win. We go away and play for a draw AGAIN!!!!!

He is always full of dodgy excuses, yet he has never once admitted any sort of personal responsibility for anything and blames everything and everyone else.

At least he is entertaining, I will give him that.

FRY-CCFC

He draws his opening game in which we hit the post and had several chances and you all say thorn out first game of the season u absolute idiots

CUS Wyken

He is always full of dodgy excuses, yet he has never once admitted any sort of personal responsibility for anything and blames everything and everyone else.

At least he is entertaining, I will give him that.

It was cringeworthy to listen to him the other whereas Richard Shaw on the other hand spoke far much more sense. I don't know how he motivates the players and his tactical Nous is still questionable 17 months in charge!

We all know why he's still here because he's the cheap option

CUS Wyken

He draws his opening game in which we hit the post and had several chances and you all say thorn out first game of the season u absolute idiots

Hahaha I've been saying it for a year he should go. We're in our lowest position for 50 years. We played poorly yesterday but we got a draw.

Fuck me, happy with a draw at Yeovil, our expectations have hit a new high.

Exactly what I am saying you can't make a judgement on Thorn first game of the season we were just unlucky to be honest.

ClarrieB

why do people who get the hump when people criticise AT resort to pathetic and petty name calling, keyboard warriors eh, lol.

CUS Wyken

Exactly what I am saying you can't make a judgement on Thorn first game of the season we were just unlucky to be honest.

So can't make judgement on last year?

As for we were unlucky, we played for a draw and got it. We should have won yes that's what happens with such a negative manager. Rather not lose a game instead of actually winning it

FRY-CCFC

This is the first season he has been able to bring in his own players give him a chance you people clearly no nothing about football after calling for the managers head after a 1-1 draw

Sick Boy

hahahaa!!

Pathetic.

It isn't his first game. It is the continuation of his ineptitude from last season. If he relegated us to the Conference, people would say don't judge him on the first game of the season.

why do people who get the hump when people criticise AT resort to pathetic and petty name calling, keyboard warriors eh, lol.

I don't mind people criticising him, I criticised him for playing Daniels and kilbane out wide but to call for his head is stupid. Let's not forget it was SISU who got us relegated last season not thorny. Also swindon drew 0-0 away to hartlepool yday but you don't see people calling for di canio to go do you. Your knowledge of the game is inept you simpleton

CUS Wyken

This is the first season he has been able to bring in his own players give him a chance you people clearly no nothing about football after calling for the managers head after a 1-1 draw

Haha let me know when your on the circuit cause your a comedian. He's proved in the past he's not capable of managing a professional football team but let's just keep giving chances and excuses eh.

FRY-CCFC

Its laughable how you call for hus head you clearly have no knowledge of football the new players need to gel portsmouth drew with bournemouth preston drew as did swindon new players need to gel

ClarrieB

Why are people happy with a manager who doesn't believe in scouting the opposition, laughable.

you might as well give it up - many are as intellectually challenged as the clueless one - I'm just hanging on till christmas - if he's still around at least people will realise he isn't the right man - even tough the playoffs will be out of site by then - roll on 2013/2014 - this season will be a poor one.

DD_Daphne

If you read some of the Yeovil views of the game, they actually thought we played quite well and stand a good chance in this division. We have no divine right to turn up and beat teams like Yeovil because we are a "big" club. I for one thought it was an improvement on Tuesday and a good result. Just because the uneducated on here haven't heard of Yeovil doesn't make them a bad side, they are a decent mid table team and any club going there and not getting beaten this season will take that.

Last edited:

stupot07

Its laughable how you call for hus head you clearly have no knowledge of football the new players need to gel portsmouth drew with bournemouth preston drew as did swindon new players need to gel

In the championship - Bolton - lost, Wolves- lost, Blackburn - drew. A draw isn't a bad result away from home in the first league game of the season.

Sick Boy

Clutching at straws, pathetic excuses.

As I have said, his ineptitude has continued from last season when he should have gone. If you are happy with him and think he knows what he is doing then fair play, but I wouldn't claim others have no knowledge of football. It will tell you everything when he never works in management after his disaster here.

Users who are viewing this thread