Thorn: Hammers goal was Hussey's fault (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=125897

What was it that disappointed you about the goal?

Thorn: "Well I was disappointed with the full-back's tackle - our full back - and I was disappointed with his recovery and with his header. So basically everything about him, on the goal!"

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Do you really think this is a genuine quote? Im not sure!

Yes hes been known in the past for being happy to name and shame, but im not sure he'd go in this hard on Hussey!?!

Although saying that, I felt Hussey was at fault, but I wouldnt pulblicly ridicule him in this way

The CableGuy

Do you really think this is a genuine quote? Im not sure!

Yes hes been known in the past for being happy to name and shame, but im not sure he'd go in this hard on Hussey!?!

Although saying that, I felt Hussey was at fault, but I wouldnt pulblicly ridicule him in this way

Wouldn't be the 1st time he's laid into our defence (which AT described as a circus at Pompey).

The article links to AT's post-match press conference, looks genuine to me.

Nonleagueherewecome

In the CWR interview he didn't say that, he just referred to him as the individual.

And said something about how the criticism would stay in the dressing room.

Delboycov

Hussey's a relatively young player and in the same way as when he hung Bigi out to dry I think it probably would've been better if he'd kept any criticism 'in house'. I think with young players especially you have to be careful that you don't destroy confidence and although some may thrive and improve after public admonishment I think if he has said this it's potentially another error and shows his inexperience once again.

cloughie

Hussey's a relatively young player and in the same way as when he hung Bigi out to dry I think it probably would've been better if he'd kept any criticism 'in house'. I think with young players especially you have to be careful that you don't destroy confidence and although some may thrive and improve after public admonishment I think if he has said this it's potentially another error and shows his inexperience once again.

Have to agree I don't think Biggi has been the same since he publicly critised him

Delboycov

Have to agree I don't think Biggi has been the same since he publicly critised him

Absolutely right Cloughie...he hasn't been half the player he was before then-whether it's down to Thorn's stinging words we'll never know but I just think that there really isn't any use in pointing fingers publicly...don't think it achieves anything.

wingy

It does seem a tendency for it with the younger ones ,wood was similarly beaten in a similar position in the home match against them with the same end result ,CRanie also,and Clingan and they don't cop for this ,usually he just says they've held their hands up . however Hussey was prone to this soft challenging earlier in the season ,so maybe he does'nt want him slipping back into that mindset,but it must also be remembered that Hussey has been rushed back from injury and may not be 100%,the boy has come on strong from the Forrest game on ,after the international break afer much stick from the fans .sorry for the length of this:sleep::confused:

Delboycov

It does seem a tendency for it with the younger ones ,wood was similarly beaten in a similar position in the home match against them with the same end result ,CRanie also,and Clingan and they don't cop for this ,usually he just says they've held their hands up . however Hussey was prone to this soft challenging earlier in the season ,so maybe he does'nt want him slipping back into that mindset,but it must also be remembered that Hussey has been rushed back from injury and may not be 100%,the boy has come on strong from the Forrest game on ,after the international break afer much stick from the fans .sorry for the length of this:sleep::confused:

Very true Wingy...can't remember him being too critical of the more experienced players on an individual level. As a group he has but not really singled out any individual for blame, as far as I can remember, even when several were clearly not performing. Maybe he thinks that by drawing attention to the young players mistakes it will somehow make 'men' of them and they will grow up faster? Hussey knew he'd fecked up yesterday and Thorn's comments really were just stating the bleeding obvious! I'm sure footballers are no different to people in any other walk of life...some people are motivated by a public bollocking...others are destroyed by it. Really hope he didn't actually say this......

Users who are viewing this thread