Thorn again... (1 Viewer)

sylus

"I've said to the boys we want to win all of our last three games now.

you dont say....what about the other 35 games....

It would have helped if we had that attitude last Monday...rather than seeming to settle for a draw...and get turned over.

9 wins in 45 games, and now he asks for 3 wins in 3.....nice one, AT.....:facepalm:

kg82

Sorry, what else is he meant to do? I suppose he could just give up, fuck it

Paxman II

Yes it's just platitudes I know but it's not what he does or says but more about what the players do and other teams do.

PVA

Christ its just a quote to the media, don't make too much out of it.

What's he supposed to say? 'looks like we're down so let's just piss around for the last three'

Gaz

Is this a joke ?

Talk about mountain out of a mole hill.

Otis

That's another thing to be pissed off with Thorn about.

He promised us a mountain and he delivered a mole hilll.

sylus

Christ its just a quote to the media, don't make too much out of it.

What's he supposed to say? 'looks like we're down so let's just piss around for the last three'
....:laugh:.....Is this a joke ?

Talk about mountain out of a mole hill. :laugh:....nah no joke...the joke is thorn....he should of walked away long ago...he isnt a manager...he is a scout...never will he manage again after here...back to scouting...me thinks...personnally.im sick to death of his we go again..shit...well ive seen no evidence of it...but hey...when we go down tues or sat...you can thank thorn for that...

Mary_Mungo_Midge

....:laugh:.....Is this a joke ?

Talk about mountain out of a mole hill. :laugh:....nah no joke...the joke is thorn....he should of walked away long ago...he isnt a manager...he is a scout...never will he manage again after here...back to scouting...me thinks...personnally.im sick to death of his we go again..shit...well ive seen no evidence of it...but hey...when we go down tues or sat...you can thank thorn for that...

Some people get the club they deserve...

sylus

9 wins in what....43 games.....fuck me...i could even better that record...nah..he should of gone ages ago...

Tonylinc

You really can't blame Thorn for this unholly mess. He was a scout who was offered the chance to become a Manager by a bunch of spivs. Would you have turned it down? I know that I wouldn't. He has been given very little support by the spivs but has nevertheless got on with it. Had he been given the financial backing that the job required and then made a mess of it, I would agree that he should be sacked.

sylus

You really can't blame Thorn for this unholly mess. He was a scout who was offered the chance to become a Manager by a bunch of spivs. Would you have turned it down? I know that I wouldn't. He has been given very little support by the spivs but has nevertheless got on with it. Had he been given the financial backing that the job required and then made a mess of it, I would agree that he should be sacked.

sisu know nothing about how to run a football club...that much is true by appointing thorn in the first place as manager,they done so because he was the cheaper option..would i have refused the position had i been in the same position....NO! i would not..but then again...i would of got more than 9 wins in 43..with the same squad as he has had...also thorn being a defender..why cannot we defend...

sylus

Some people get the club they deserve

this much is true....i mean what other club or set of fans would put up with the crap we have had to..even the protest fizzled out to nothing...sisu are laughin at each and everyone of us..cos we are mugs..and they know it....cant even protest right...where are all the sisu out banners...not a single one..where are the sisu out songs..sorry..i cant hear you...yeah..your right...Some people get the club they deserve...

kg82

Ahh, the totally original "Thorn's a scout" argument that people love bringing up! Massive yawn. Tell you what, Thorn didn't ask to be manager, he took it on when asked. He was dealt a pretty crap hand with resources but some people have taken to personal abuse against the man, some agenda that's way out of line. Ridiculous, picking out comments such as this one and trying to ridicule him.

ccfcdan

Some people get the club they deserve

this much is true....i mean what other club or set of fans would put up with the crap we have had to..even the protest fizzled out to nothing...sisu are laughin at each and everyone of us..cos we are mugs..and they know it....cant even protest right...where are all the sisu out banners...not a single one..where are the sisu out songs..sorry..i cant hear you...yeah..your right...Some people get the club they deserve...

My banner went home on the Soton coach after spending 3 games hung over the a444. I decided to forget about Sisu and put that energy into supporting the players. If and when we are relegated i shall be making another only this time im hoping others join in and we can all unite in showing our disgust at the way our team has been run by these tossers! PUSB

Cov City Daytrader 87

sisu are laughin at each and everyone of us..cos we are mugs..and they know it.

Whilst they laughing at us because we're mugs, they've got investors breathing down their necks to make sure that Sisu make their money back. Otherwise I don't think Sisu would be doing anymore laughing.

kdrinkell

Some blinkered people here

When finally the Sky Blues sink he should do as a captain ( not an Italian one mind) and go,yes he was given a choice and took it hoping he could do it but for fucks sake he hasn't even done his badges ( has he done any since taking the job ?) he's helped sending us to league one but merely a Sisu's puppet.
God help us next season

wingy

Wherever this quote came from its the opposite of the one i heard in saturdays post match interview as it was the lads who told him they were going to win the next three

Delboycov

My banner went home on the Soton coach after spending 3 games hung over the a444. I decided to forget about Sisu and put that energy into supporting the players. If and when we are relegated i shall be making another only this time im hoping others join in and we can all unite in showing our disgust at the way our team has been run by these tossers! PUSB

I'll be with you all the way for that mate. I personally don't rate Thorn particularly highly as a manager but I've not lost sight of who the real villains of the piece are here...we are where we are because of shitsu's gross mismanagement, particularly over the last couple of months when we needed them most. Whatever Thorn's shortcomings as a manager, the embargo...which I'm amazed some fans don't see as crucial to this...left him pissing in the wind.

mememe

It isn't thorns fault he was lumbered with the children we have playing for us... this team proved in the last 8 games they cancompete uptown a point at this level. They just couldn't be bothered in the previous 30.

I would love to know any manager who could have done better. No money. Players sold beneath his feet and owners intent on driving our club into oblivion... thorns done well when you consider the crap he has had for a side.?

It isn't thorns fault he was lumbered with the children we have playing for us... this team proved in the last 8 games they cancompete uptown a point at this level. They just couldn't be bothered in the previous 30.

I would love to know any manager who could have done better. No money. Players sold beneath his feet and owners intent on driving our club into oblivion... thorns done well when you consider the crap he has had for a side.?

Dead right. He has one arm tied behind his back. He may not be Mourinho but he's trying his best and deep down we all know that. His best might not be good enough but that's not his fault is it and if anyone thinks these idiots are going to fork out to sack him and actually stump up on top for a proper manager with a proven track record then they are deluded. We are were we are manager wise and there is butt all we can do to change it.

kg82

Some blinkered people here

When finally the Sky Blues sink he should do as a captain ( not an Italian one mind) and go,yes he was given a choice and took it hoping he could do it but for fucks sake he hasn't even done his badges ( has he done any since taking the job ?) he's helped sending us to league one but merely a Sisu's puppet.
God help us next season

Yes, people are blinkered. So blinkered they didn't know he'd taken his badges last summer. Look, if he goes he goes, if he stays he stays. I'm fine with either, I don't have a personal agenda against a bloke I don't know personally and try to ridicule every attempt I can get! That's my issue with threads like this.

Otis

I have no personal agenda either, but we all know that if Thorn hadn't have become manager we wouldn't have had this awful drought.

He has to go for the sake of the country.

covcity4life

Sorry, what else is he meant to do? I suppose he could just give up, fuck it

already tried that one

i jest i jest,but he needs to work on his motivational skills if he wants to be a manager thats for sure,hes just a nice guy nothing more it seems

rob9872

"I've said to the boys we want to win all of our last three games now.

you dont say....what about the other 35 games....

Who would set up at the start of the season to lose 8 games?

rob9872

My bin collection was late last week too. I blame Thorn for that as well!!

Bastard! Its like he simply doesn't care any longer.

Astute

already tried that one

i jest i jest,but he needs to work on his motivational skills if he wants to be a manager thats for sure,hes just a nice guy nothing more it seems

If someone without motivational skills can ge a squad like ours to only lose 1 game in 9 i would like to see what someone with them said skills could do

rob9872

We probably wouldn't be about to be relegated :(

That's actually a fair point since the margins of success and failure are currently so tight.

I'm a Thorn supporter, since I think he is doing a decent job with the resources available and is definitely improving as are the team. The main problem is that we shouldn't ever have been subjected to this and with an experienced man at the helm not now, but from the start of the campaign, then I'm sure we would have gained those extra few points that would have made the difference. I'm not suggesting we would be doing significantly better as you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear, but at the same time it would more likely have been enough to move us the other side of the relegation line.

1nilandwe...

Why are people trotting out the argument that Thorn and the players didn't care before a few months ago? The reality is that we've not got a great first 11, with a paper thin squad if those 11 can't play. Our manager isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread either. The owners haven't put cash forward to strengthen the squad and therefore we lose games. It's not rocket science.

If you have a poor team, you lose football matches. To suggest that the players weren't trying is ridiculous. Why would anybody want to turn up with 10 of your colleagues and 11 of your peers, not bother trying and get shouted at by 16,000 people?

We're still in with a shout of staying up and I'm sure everyone who is there on matchdays will be giving it their all. Thorn deserves our respect for staying on board a sinking ship where he could have left us to drown long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread