Thomas suspended for Orient (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

With CT out for Orient, who do you think should come in? A midfield two of Barton and Fleck would be too leightweight and we need a ball winner/more defensive midfielder.

I reckon our best option would be:

O'Brien-----Barton-----Finch-------Fleck

Thoughts?

CCFC_Charlie

If Pugh was fit I'd have liked to have seen Haynes moved up to the left wing with Fleck in the middle but unfortunately he's not. Finch seems a good option.

kg82

I wouldn't say Fleck's lightweight, but I get what you mean. Finch in the middle seems to be the general consensus. I'd actually put forward (I'm going to get stick for this, but other players have been given a chance recently) Daniels too. He could play that sitting role.

stupot07

O'brien Barton finch fleck

Only one change needed, don't see why would you want to start tinkering making 2-3 changes, (I.e fleck middle, Coulibaly left - 2 changes, fleck middle, Haynes left wing, Pugh left back - 3 changes.) then next week Thomas comes back in and you make 2-3 changes to revert it back. You can't build momentum making loads of changes ever week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Littlewood CCFC

O'brien Barton finch fleck

Only one change needed, don't see why would you want to start tinkering making 2-3 changes, (I.e fleck middle, Coulibaly left - 2 changes, fleck middle, Haynes left wing, Pugh left back - 3 changes.) then next week Thomas comes back in and you make 2-3 changes to revert it back. You can't build momentum making loads of changes ever week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

John Fleck is not a left midfielder. we had a very good 45 minutes but we looked dreadful first half as John didn't look comfortable at all on the left. Making changes that strength the team are worthwhile wouldn't you say?

ccfc_Tom

Agree with coulibaly on the wing, got some nice skills and fleck is so much better in centre mid

Grendel

John Fleck is not a left midfielder. we had a very good 45 minutes but we looked dreadful first half as John didn't look comfortable at all on the left. Making changes that strength the team are worthwhile wouldn't you say?

But coubillay looks poor and has no defensive game at all. Fleck did well in the second half which allowed Haynes more forward movement.

If coubillay and Haynes were the left side we would be very vunerable.

covcity4life

But coubillay looks poor and has no defensive game at all. Fleck did well in the second half which allowed Haynes more forward movement.

also be quite attacking

we let 2 goals in with haynes/fleck so its hardly a stellar pairing either.

Littlewood CCFC

Coulibaly looks poor??!!?! im sure you're on your own with that judgment pal haha Flecks our best passer of a football IMO wasted on the left

stupot07

With fleck and Barton in the middle who is going to press and tackle? My personal opinion is that you can't play both in the middle, and playing them together weakens the middle of the park not strengthens it.

stupot07

also be quite attacking

we let 2 goals in with haynes/fleck so its hardly a stellar pairing either.

How can you blame a punt and freekick on fleck and Haynes?

covcity4life

How can you blame a punt and freekick on fleck and Haynes?

how can you blame coubilaly and haynes for a game that hasnt even taken place yet????

you have been n this thread for years but all of a sudden you want everyone to share the same opinion on lineups???????????!

Littlewood CCFC

With fleck and Barton in the middle who is going to press and tackle? My personal opinion is that you can't play both in the middle, and playing them together weakens the middle of the park not strengthens it.

And a 17 year old strengthens it? Finch will come good but hes too young to be thrown in games like Orient away. O Brien Barton Fleck Coulibaly is the best 4 players available to us Saturday.

fanta2580

I would put Hines in midfield move Willis to centre back and play Phillips personally. When Hines was signed it made mention of him playing that role.

fernandopartridge

He got two assists and was decent second half once he pushed up the pitch a bit. We win for the first time in weeks yet the team needs a number of changes.

stupot07

how can you blame coubilaly and haynes for a game that hasnt even taken place yet????

you have been n this thread for years but all of a sudden you want everyone to share the same opinion on lineups???????????!

1) I haven't blamed Haynes and coulibaly for anything. My post related to wanting to make the least number of changes as possible. We didn't play well first half but we played well in the second and finished the game strongly.

2) can you explain that back second part back to me in English, it makes no sense.

Last edited:

stupot07

And a 17 year old strengthens it? Finch will come good but hes too young to be thrown in games like Orient away. O Brien Barton Fleck Coulibaly is the best 4 players available to us Saturday.

Coulibaly wasn't even on the bench on Saturday.

Otis

With CT out for Orient, who do you think should come in? A midfield two of Barton and Fleck would be too leightweight and we need a ball winner/more defensive midfielder.

I reckon our best option would be:

O'Brien-----Barton-----Finch-------Fleck

Thoughts?

Yep. Exactly that.

Otis

Disagree. That middle 2 is too weak. No ball winner in there and no-one to press. They are both playmakers. Can't see that Fleck and Barton could ever work as a tandem.

Buster

Couldnt get on saturday ,but for those that did , was it a change in formation at half time that led to the comeback or attitude?

stupot07

Couldnt get on saturday ,but for those that did , was it a change in formation at half time that led to the comeback or attitude?

Attitude and application.

Otis

Attitude and application.

We pushed up too and just pressed higher up the pitch. Energy levels were much higher and we harried and closed down.

torchomatic

Cool. .

Buster

The best games city have played in the past couple of years are the ones where we have gone forward and pressed . Johnson moving forward from the back 4 realy gives you the advantage . Cahill did it yesterday . A midfielder has to come at him to stop the run . Think with a player like Callum leading the line it worked well

skybluebeduff

I know Thomas comes in for a lot of stick, but Saturday he played well, he made some great tackles at key times to and final ball was better.

covcity4life

thomas had a game of 2 halves

dogshit in first
hard working battler in 2nd

still needs to work on his passing game thats for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread