This weeks WC qualifiers (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

Although it was down to a goal from a terrible decision the Swiss were always going to be hard to beat. They were unlucky to be in the play offs in the first place and in any other group would’ve qualified easily with that points total. Croatia won’t blow their lead and Sweden should be ok against Italy. Ireland v Denmark game is interesting. Tighter than I was expecting. Could go either way.

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

CJ_covblaze

Not at all surprising that they're out. Said after the draw took place Sweden would beat them. If anything it's a surprise it wasn't by more.

Otis

Not at all surprising that they're out. Said after the draw took place Sweden would beat them. If anything it's a surprise it wasn't by more.
I watched it. They seemed to lack a bit of quality, not like Italian teams of old.

CJ_covblaze

I watched it. They seemed to lack a bit of quality, not like Italian teams of old.

They've been under par for years and as tough as it is, this is exactly what needed to happen. For the record we're not much better. There's an argument that Spain can say the same too right now. Germany, France, Belgium and maybe even Croatia are some way ahead of every other side in Europe at present.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Italian game also suffers from too many foreign players......at least the Italian FF have introduced some reforms to address it......maybe this will provide the catalyst for them to tackle it head-on......

.....heres hoping the joke that is the English FA & the cunts at the Premier League takes some notes.........but I won't hold my breath.

covcity4life

lol foreign players nothing to do with it. its a shit manager just like we had with mclaren

belotti more than capable of being a world cup golden boot winner, yet he didnt start
insigne worth 100m, he didnt play at all
jorghino only getting a start due to injuries was also idiotic

on the night barzagli,parolo,darmien,candreva were poor imo. gagliardini should have played instead of parolo

oldies will go, new guys like gagliardini,cutrone,locatelli,romangiolgi,rugani,donarumma,berardi,bernadeschi etc will come in, they will be amongst favs to win euros 2020 i have no doubt.

Covstu

Its a shame they aren't going to be there although they tend to bore the shit out of me when I do watch them. With the constant reforms around qualification, there will be more and more previously 'good' teams not qualifying from Europe to try and even the balance.

I think this is the kick up the arse they needed to look at their national game. Back in the 90's Italian football was the envy of the world now its an average league. Was it 4-5 key retirements also after last night's result is a telling stat to show how aged the team actually was. I think they have some quality coming through but will have to start again just like Holland.

Nick

Administrator
Italy should always play Insigne and Giovenco. They used to tear people apart on Fifa 17 so would have qualified easy!

covcity4life

Its a shame they aren't going to be there although they tend to bore the shit out of me when I do watch them. With the constant reforms around qualification, there will be more and more previously 'good' teams not qualifying from Europe to try and even the balance.

I think this is the kick up the arse they needed to look at their national game. Back in the 90's Italian football was the envy of the world now its an average league. Was it 4-5 key retirements also after last night's result is a telling stat to show how aged the team actually was. I think they have some quality coming through but will have to start again just like Holland.

not been average for a while now. the myth about no goals all defence etc hasnt been true for a lot longer than that.

juventus have made 2 CL finals in 3 years
Roma just tonked our reigning prem champions
and napoli play the 2nd best football in club football(any team pep manages being number 1)

add to that both milan clubs having big money again and a 4th spot for CL qualification back to serie a and i dontt hink you have an average league at all. if anything its 3rd imo above france and germany(both good leagues too btw)

there is no big problem with italian football, just a bad manager for this campaign, they got to final of euro 2012 5 years ago, not like its a bad generation of players

Covstu

not been average for a while now. the myth about no goals all defence etc hasnt been true for a lot longer than that.

juventus have made 2 CL finals in 3 years
Roma just tonked our reigning prem champions
and napoli play the 2nd best football in club football(any team pep manages being number 1)

add to that both milan clubs having big money again and a 4th spot for CL qualification back to serie a and i dontt hink you have an average league at all. if anything its 3rd imo above france and germany(both good leagues too btw)

there is no big problem with italian football, just a bad manager for this campaign, they got to final of euro 2012 5 years ago, not like its a bad generation of players
I think there are one or two decent teams but nothing in what they used too. I think we will agree to disagree on this one.

covcity4life

I think there are one or two decent teams but nothing in what they used too. I think we will agree to disagree on this one.

but what is used too? early 90s? then of course hands down they are not the dominating force they were

but they are not average, i mean bundesliga is 11th in co-efficient currently this season! thats average lol i kid of course

serie a has 5 or 6 teams who want to win title like the prem, i would say entertainment wise its great. and in terms of winning in europe too they are on the precipice imo.

spain is still number 1 in that regard as they win so many champions leagues and europas

Otis

Yup, me too. Will be rooting for them.
Watching England, but am recording the Ireland game. Will try and avoid it, but get the feeling the commentators will probably relay the score throughout the game.

They might even do that too for the Irish match too.

Sick Boy

Some of the most entertaining live football I've watched has been in Serie A. I used to love watching Luca Toni play for Hellas. That being said, the league is predictable and lacking in quality. Would be good to see Napoli do it this year.

Otis

Really weird this, cos when Ireland scored to lead 1-0 I had this overwhelming feeling they would lose 3-1.

Hope it doesn't stay 3-1 now because I will have wished I put a bet on.

Users who are viewing this thread