This was my era . what was yours ? (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

Saw everything through Sky Blue tinted glasses . great days .
CbvadwkW0AAsLZ9.jpg:large

Sick Boy

My first game was a 2.0 defeat at home to Arsenal...I think John Williams had a goal disallowed for handball. Possibly 1992.

robbiethemole

first game on my own 1967 v Spurs/Everton.................the mind is going in the mists of time. aged 13 on the bus from Rugby it was like a trip to another country.

Otis

First match I can remember is in 1968 I think. A very rainy night game and Maurice Setters passed the ball back to Glazier and the ball got stuck in the mud and Peter Osgood nipped in to score.

To my mind we lost 2-0, but just checked back and it is saying 0-1.

lifeskyblue

6e7c1d38c9329a7d6b0ac64ca30b8726.jpg

Started going a couple years before this and stood on the Kop. When we were promoted to the old first division we had season tickets. The 68/69 season the first I remember vividly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
City v Huddersfield. About Oct/Nov 1964. We lost (2-3 I think) but I was hooked from that day!

Grendel

About the same as the OP I can name all the 11 - whose the sub?

anyone remember the League cup game against Liverpool in November 1977 at Anfield took about 10K drew 2 2 fantastic atmosphere horrendous fog on the way home

lifeskyblue

anyone remember the League cup game against Liverpool in November 1977 at Anfield took about 10K drew 2 2 fantastic atmosphere horrendous fog on the way home

Remember it well ...I was at university in Lancaster. Took a minibus of me (cov fan), girlfriend, few Liverpool fans and some neutrals. Great night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

I can name them too... by reading their names underneath ;)

God I am on my phone I can't see that.

I forget about John Beck - a fine player in his day - odd as a manager he was a total physco.

NorthernWisdom

Anyway, started taking an interest mid 80s (the three wins to stay up is my first memory - we followed it up with winning 2 out of 3 the next season to stay up -what an introduction, inspiring by the plucky underdog!) then we got the cup win of course. Too young to go myself, cursed with a Dad who hates football, but remember it on the telly.

So my era was the Sillett years really. Half decent football, aspirations to break into the top tier of football, a cracking season when we finished 7th, but were higher for so much longer - nearly a return to Wembley with an undeserved defeat to Forest in the league cup semi-final.

They were terrific years.

And boy, did I have high hopes for Gary Bannister's return...

Terry Gibson's perm

1983 Brighton and I think we won 2or3 1 and i sat in the bottom part of the sky blue stand

CJ_covblaze

Played Everton towards the end of the season. 91-92 I think.

usskyblue

First game 1976...in the front of the Main Stand, that single line of seats, behind the little white wall, pretty much at pitch level.

A few years later up in the West Stand, then, in the 80's, the East Terrace and in the 90's and 2000's, the West Terrace.

Colin Steins Smile

1967-8 season versus Sheffield Wednesday a 3-0 win with Neil Martin blasting a penalty into the spoon top. Nearly knocked me off my stool, which I needed to see...aged 7

Bob Latchford

My first paying game was v Bristol C , in 77. was in the Sky Blue stand . ended 1-1 think we'd just bought Gary collier from Bristol C for 300 k. and I'm sure he made his debut that day too. as a penniless kid , I used to run into the Kop when they opened the gates 15 minutes from time.

torchomatic

My era too. First game was in 1972 but I was a home and away kid from 77/78. That's my favourite kit too.

Saw everything through Sky Blue tinted glasses . great days .
CbvadwkW0AAsLZ9.jpg:large

Gazolba

This was my era. Champions of Div 3 to Champions of Div 2:

CCFC-63-64-team-members-bigger.JPG CCFC-66-67-team-members-cropped.jpg

It's disgusting that the 'Second Division Champions' team photo does not include George Hudson who was our top scorer and one of the main reasons we were Champions. He'd been sold by the time the photo was taken. They should have invited him back to put on the shirt for the photo.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Yes, first game for me was on my 7th Birthday in October 1972. My son has had a season ticket since he's been three. I hope he sticks with it as long as I have.

Is everybody on here old?

Users who are viewing this thread