This team must stick together next season (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

We’ll lose O’Hare, but add a couple. We’ll start next season very settled

Mucca Mad Boys

Gutted O'Hare is walking away from this.
Think of it as an opportunity to get a better player in. On his day COH is great but he isn’t on the same level as Gyokeres or Hamer were last season. In two players, we’ve more or less replaced the void left by Vik.

pusbccfc

Think of it as an opportunity to get a better player in. On his day COH is great but he isn’t on the same level as Gyokeres or Hamer were last season. In two players, we’ve more or less replaced the void left by Vik.

That's why going on a free will hurt. If he went to the PL for 15m, no one would be too unhappy.

Adge

How much is a better player than O’Hare going to cost though? Big big void to fill if he does go.

Cally Fedora

I don’t see anyone with a high enough profile to be targeted. O’Hare will be off but we already have Mason-Clark coming in. Possibly Kitching. I think we’ll add 3-4 more and it will be a really strong squad.

Hincha

Except for Sheaf, all of their values will peak next summer, not this one. If Sheaf is to be sold though, this summer is the one where we'll get the best price-but not sure if we want another rebuild job with O'Hare also departing.

Brentford lost Watkins and Benrahma and still improved and got promoted.

While it would be disappointing for Sheaf to leave we need someone to bankroll us for another season. I trust the recruitment team to find players that will push us on.

Unless Gyok goes early then we might not need to sell but it would be stupid to rely on it. Imagine if he goes on deadline day.

shmmeee

Except for Sheaf, all of their values will peak next summer, not this one. If Sheaf is to be sold though, this summer is the one where we'll get the best price-but not sure if we want another rebuild job with O'Hare also departing.

Collins
MvE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Saka Eccles Torp EMC
Wright Simms

Isn’t a bad base to be “rebuilding” from TBF.

MalcSB

We all moan about individual players throughout the season, in every game. but if we had a chance yesterday they had to be perfect. To a man they were brilliant we outclassed Wolves the goalkeeper was the reason it was tie it was. It would have been a cricket score if it weren’t for him.
If only he had got injured in the first 10 minutes or so.

AFCCOVENTRY

If we don’t perform a miracle this year this team with some more quality additions will be fighting for autos next year.

shmmeee

It isn’t, but Sheaf and COH are important to the side in other ways.

Sheaf is absolutely vital. The difference with him playing vs not is night and day. But I also expect Eccles and Torp to keep improving. We’d definitely need a new CM though. I could see us playing without a 10, or putting EMC there perhaps. But we’ll need more options. I don’t think it’s as big a miss though because of the other forwards we’ve got.

Saddlebrains

Brentford lost Watkins and Benrahma and still improved and got promoted.

While it would be disappointing for Sheaf to leave we need someone to bankroll us for another season. I trust the recruitment team to find players that will push us on.

Unless Gyok goes early then we might not need to sell but it would be stupid to rely on it. Imagine if he goes on deadline day.

It seems Vik to Arsenal is nailed on for 85 million

If that happens early doors we wont sell anyone. We would get the best part of 7million off the back of that. Add in the cup run money and dribbles left of the Hamer cash, we have a decent enough pot to strengthen without needing to lose anyone

Sheaf will go the following summer if need be

Brighton Sky Blue

Sheaf is absolutely vital. The difference with him playing vs not is night and day. But I also expect Eccles and Torp to keep improving. We’d definitely need a new CM though. I could see us playing without a 10, or putting EMC there perhaps. But we’ll need more options. I don’t think it’s as big a miss though because of the other forwards we’ve got.
Torp has had to start games almost immediately despite it being his pre season, not surprised it’s caught up with him. This break has come at a very good time imo

shmmeee

Torp has had to start games almost immediately despite it being his pre season, not surprised it’s caught up with him. This break has come at a very good time imo

Agreed. Sheaf and Allen too, MvE looks like he’ll need to be at his best for the run in at RW as well. Did wonder if we might try and squeeze the Ipswich game in the break like Sunderland did for one of theirs though, April is looking crazy.

Brighton Sky Blue

Agreed. Sheaf and Allen too, MvE looks like he’ll need to be at his best for the run in at RW as well. Did wonder if we might try and squeeze the Ipswich game in the break like Sunderland did for one of theirs though, April is looking crazy.
A month full of huge games and a time for these players to either make themselves legends or bust a gut trying.

Londonccfcfan

I'm expecting we'll start next season with...

Collins
Wilson
MvE
Thomas
Latibeaudiere
Kitching
Bidwell
Da Silva
Sheaf
Eccles
Torp
Palmer
Allen
Sakamoto
EMC
Wright
Simms
Tavares

Burroughs
Howley
Obikwu
Andrews

Just let that sink in vs. previous summers.

Any notable sales will likely be 8 figures, to be used by a recruitment team that picked up Simms, Wright, Sakamoto, Torp Thomas, Kitching, Latibeaudiere, EMC and MvE in two windows. Mad stuff.
Just add

Goalkeeper
Quality Right sided winger/RB as cover
Attacking midfielder
1 Striker

Then announce Automatics!

alexccfc99

I honestly believe deep down, COH really does not want to go - His ideal scenario would be us going up and him staying

But I think he also knows that he may well only have one shot at a big contract elsewhere, all with the added pressure of his agent - His head will rule his heart

shmmeee

I honestly believe deep down, COH really does not want to go - His ideal scenario would be us going up and him staying

But I think he also knows that he may well only have one shot at a big contract elsewhere, all with the added pressure of his agent - His head will rule his heart

If we didn’t go up but won the cup he’d have a decision to make.

SleepyGinger

If we stick with the 4231 which I think most would say is our best formation one of EMC Simms Wright and Sakamoto will miss out, not to mention any new incomings. Great problem to have.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Collins
MvE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Saka Eccles Torp EMC
Wright Simms

Isn’t a bad base to be “rebuilding” from TBF.

Agree, but the biggest job Mark Robins has is to have Quality back ups, do that and it's operation premier league.

djr8369

Resigned to losing COH and suspect we’ll lose another name, maybe Sheaf or Haji. Of course, we’ll have another crop of players come in and hopefully better quality and depth throughout.

SleepyGinger

Resigned to losing COH and suspect we’ll lose another name, maybe Sheaf or Haji. Of course, we’ll have another crop of players come in and hopefully better quality and depth throughout.
Possibly Sheaf but I can’t see anyone else leaving

Sick Boy

There will be interest in Simms , Wright , MvE, Sheaf and Kitching as all of them yesterday showed the ability to play at a higher level . Keeping hold of the majority of them is key to a promotion push , that’s if we don’t go up this season !
Doug will be feeling the force of a very angry letter if any of them are sold next summer. I’ve been going since around ‘92 and never known such positivity surrounding the club - at this stage promotion back to the PL feels inevitable.

Hertsccfc

Doug will be feeling the force of a very angry letter if any of them are sold next summer. I’ve been going since around ‘92 and never known such positivity surrounding the club - at this stage promotion back to the PL feels inevitable.
I am not convinced that it's a good idea to keep a player who wants to move. Not saying this will apply but if a player wants to move up quicker than they think we will get promotion it can be counter productive to hang on to them.

'I'll send a stiffly written letter and that'll show him' is such a British reaction BTW!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread