This season (1 Viewer)

DionDublinsJockstrap

Is anyone feeling like me. I am so relaxed about this season. For two of the last three three years we have been dreaming about the reaching the end of the rainbow, and we got there, but god it got very stressful thinking “three successive defeats is curtains”
This season only one objective - finish above three other teams. Reasons to be cheerful on this front.
We have been competitive in all games apart from the two where we ended up with 10 men.
MR is proving that he is prepared to be pragmatic. Interesting to see how the current formation works against Norwich.
A few of our players have not been at their best so far - Dabo, O’Hare for example.
Walker and Godden will be a good partnership
Kelly cuts it at this level

PUSB

Malaka

Totally agree. I think we are on the way up the league. We have to remember that the other teams were ahead of us in match fitness due to their season's being completed. We are settling in nicely and are going to improve.

87 n all that

We’ve got 4 points from the last 6. It’s a start and the games until now and NY are against teams we might beat. I’m not getting carried away. I’ll think that way when there’s 7 points between us an 3rd from bottom and us showing consistency. I agree we have been competitive but mistakes have to be cut out. Our squad of players needs to get us to January away from bottom 3 and hopefully 3/4 new faces.

steve cooper

Around a week ago some posters were worrying that we were getting cut adrift from the pack above us. I think one poster said if this or that happened last weekend we could be 7 points adrift.
I know we are not that likely to get anything against Norwich, but we have already beaten the top team of the day, and another result like that could see us start climbing the table by up to 3 places.
Things can change quickly, both ways.

clint van damme

it's going to be a long, hard and frustrating season.
I'm not getting carried away by 4 points in the last two games, same as I won't be sticking my head in the oven when we lose a game or two.

Sky Blue Harry H

It's giving me a fucking aneurism

Joking aside - after the end of the Birmingham and Cardiff games I felt completely drained and realised how 'stressed' I'd been during the games. Last season I felt so happy and relaxed, and apart from pre-match excitement/nerves in the 3 home games against Rotherham, Pompey and Sunderland - which seemed crunch games - it felt like an enjoyable, fun experience. So happy to be in this division, but I'm finding it strange watching each game on a screen, by myself. The added stress is we're usually level or within one goal of the opposition in most games. It will be rare to have the carefree, relaxed, party atmosphere of playing e.g. a Southend away this season. SHFWR !!

Last edited:

harvey098

There won’t be much calm this season. It’ll be a dogfight til the end.

Such fine margins. The usual culprits were downloading Uber again at the start of the week but because of a gift / fluke goal suddenly people feel calm again. If Cardiff had nicked it 1-0 instead of us, this place would’ve been in meltdown.

Terry_dactyl

Joking aside - after the end of the Birmingham and Cardiff games I felt completely drained and realised how 'stressed' I'd been during the games. Last season I felt so happy and relaxed, and apart from pre-match excitement/nerves in the 3 home games against Rotherham, Pompey and Sunderland - which seemed crunch games - it felt like an enjoyable, fun experience. So happy to be in this division, but I'm finding it strange watching each game on a screen, by myself. The added stress is we're usually level or within one goal of the opposition in most games. It will be rare to have the carefree, relaxed, party atmosphere of playing e.g. a Southend away this season. SHFWR !!
See, I’m pretty much the opposite...pretty much.
My expectations have been lowered completely and I’m grateful for anything we get. Doesn’t stop me getting excited during games but I think anything is a bonus.
I was a bloody wreck last year!

Rich

Whilst we’re still within touching distance of safety I’m relaxed.
We’re not getting thrashed, still playing football our way. Just need to settle into the league, which it looks like we’re doing.

DannyThomas_1981

Is anyone feeling like me. I am so relaxed about this season. For two of the last three three years we have been dreaming about the reaching the end of the rainbow, and we got there, but god it got very stressful thinking “three successive defeats is curtains”
This season only one objective - finish above three other teams. Reasons to be cheerful on this front.
We have been competitive in all games apart from the two where we ended up with 10 men.
MR is proving that he is prepared to be pragmatic. Interesting to see how the current formation works against Norwich.
A few of our players have not been at their best so far - Dabo, O’Hare for example.
Walker and Godden will be a good partnership
Kelly cuts it at this level

PUSB

I'm a big supporter of the rational thinking here DD vs. the hysterics that we have seen this season from the usual.

Just from a personal perspective though I find relegation battles far more stressful than promotion challenges - a personal thing I guess.

I've actually found SBT more stressful as well - the negativity against the team/manager/individuals has really ramped up this season vs. any understanding that we are adjusting to compete at a much higher level and that all players make mistakes.

steve cooper

There won’t be much calm this season. It’ll be a dogfight til the end.

Such fine margins. The usual culprits were downloading Uber again at the start of the week but because of a gift / fluke goal suddenly people feel calm again. If Cardiff had nicked it 1-0 instead of us, this place would’ve been in meltdown.
Yes, but they didn't. Teams make mistakes like that often, the point is whether they are punished like Walker punished the mistake. We have made many this season and been punished for most of them. The fact we punished a similar mistake from an opposition team doesn't make it a fluke or a lucky goal.

Users who are viewing this thread