This new scouting network (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Can't be that hard to setup can it? Few scouts who know the local non leages / youth scenes well in their areas, a database to keep track of players, pay their expenses to go and watch and match tickets.

chiefdave

They don't need to create their own database, just subscribe to WyScout. Then it's just having people who can go out to games, most clubs apart from the elite use ex-players who just do it for expenses. You wouldn't have thought it was that hard to set something up.

Philosorapter

After the Ricoh shambles with merchandise could I suggest;

attachment.php

Attachments

• Football-Manager-2015.jpg
    Football-Manager-2015.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 157

Philosorapter

You may knock it but in my sport we use basically what comes out of the box for everyone and modify it to our own personal needs.

westofrayne

Happy to attend games in SouthEast for cost of ticket, maybe they can ask ST/Supporter in NE, NW, SW, use London Supporters to cover London areas, convinced we would do it for peanuts to help out

Hobo

Happy to attend games in SouthEast for cost of ticket, maybe they can ask ST/Supporter in NE, NW, SW, use London Supporters to cover London areas, convinced we would do it for peanuts to help out

Start sending the club some reports and see what happens.

Tonylinc

Many of our ex-players have already said that they would be prepared to scout for free and yet none of them have so far been taken up WHY????

slyblue57

Bit concerned that the article seems to state Mr Waggot is setting it up ! I d prefer someone who knew what he was doing sorting it .
pusb

Terry Gibson's perm

Bit concerned that the article seems to state Mr Waggot is setting it up ! I d prefer someone who knew what he was doing sorting it .
pusb

It will be hopeless then if that fool is setting it up, he strikes me as somebody Fisher brought into the club to make him look smarter.

Otis

Can't be that hard to setup can it? Few scouts who know the local non leages / youth scenes well in their areas, a database to keep track of players, pay their expenses to go and watch and match tickets.

Isn't Andy Thorn available?

We could take him on and then when Mowbray is sacked we can promote him to manager, despite him only being a scout and not a manager and then we can talk about him in terms of him leading the England national side when Woy wetires.

Gazolba

May I suggest a database that cannot be taken away when the manager leaves.
Everything we do is so unprofessional.
Everyone hired should be signing an agreement that property obtained while in the employ of CCFC belongs to CCFC and has to surrendered upon leaving otherwise its cost will be deducted from your final payout It's a standard thing in any employment agreement.

Hobo

Everyone hired should be signing an agreement that property obtained while in the employ of CCFC belongs to CCFC and has to surrendered upon leaving otherwise its cost will be deducted from your final payout It's a standard thing in any employment agreement.

Waggott is the contract man (that explains it then).

Hobo

It is amazing how Waggott outlines the importance of a scouting system and how it can benefit the club in several ways; he is now busy setting one up. Yet these benefits never occurred to him until TM mentioned it in a press interview.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So maybe the club had reason to refuse the pay off demand from Pressley then?

Hobo

Many have said as much on CWR during the live coverage of games. I'm sure that the ex-players association could help if contacted.

And some on here accused Pressley of telling lies about improving the scouting system, once TM said there wasn't one. I think the reality is the club had not invested in one...where as Pressley utilised some of his ex colleagues to help with scouting.

It still wasn't good enough and not where we should have been. But that sort of infrastructure has to come down to the likes of Waggott and Fisher. The long term structure of the club is their responsibility not a managers. They should be setting up the structure of the club then employing the right people to run it I.e manager and coaches.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread