This is nothing new to SISU..... (1 Viewer)

Wrightdog

Maybe alrady posted but found this article....

"Hedge fund Sisu Capital bid for several debt-ridden football clubs, before saving Coventry City FC from administration this year.
The mysterious Mayfair fund, co-founded by traders Joy Seppala and Dermot Coleman, made pre-tax profits of £17m last year, primarily by buying up bad debt.
The fund often resorts to hard-ball courtroom tactics to get what it wants.
Sisu's glamorous Finnish-American chief executive, Ms Seppala, has been described as one of the stock market's boldest traders. Indeed, Sisu means "inner fortitude, strength and guts" in Finnish.
The fund blocked a £381.5m refinancing deal for troubled hotel chain Welcome Break in 2004, securing full pay-outs for creditors. But Ms Seppala was censured by a High Court judge in 2006 when Sisu's bid for a better deal from debt-ridden power company TXU Europe failed."

Grendel

At least owning CCFC sorted the £17 million profits out.

Big_Ben

At least owning CCFC sorted the £17 million profits out.

I think that the 17M profit was made by SISU for managing their clients' investments, i.e. their fees, not the profit they made for their investors.

In the same way, I expect that the cash involved in the whole CCFC dealings is put up by SISU investors and that SISU are doing whatever they can to protect, and ultimately get a return on that investment.

Users who are viewing this thread