This club is dead (3 Viewers)

The Lurker

After listening tonight there is only one way this club is going and that's down and down. Fans have had enough and sisu won't invest anything a combo for a disaster. Worryingly fisher didn't even seem bothered when callers said they wouldn't reinvest in a season ticket. He has more front then brighton pier. he should be a politician based on tonight. no shame.

Anyone actually think there is a future for this club?

Bob Latchford

After listening tonight there is only one way this club is going and that's down and down. Fans have had enough and sisu won't invest anything a combo for a disaster. Worryingly fisher didn't even seem bothered when callers said they wouldn't reinvest in a season ticket. He has more front then brighton pier. he should be a politician based on tonight. no shame.

Anyone actually think there is a future for this club?
We're heading for Nationwide North very soon . and no mistake guv'nor. the guy truly has more front than Dolly Parton's air bags.

shmmeee

A customer enters a football club .

Mr. Praline: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

(The owner does not respond.)

Mr. Praline: 'Ello, Miss?

Owner: What do you mean "miss"?

Mr. Praline: (pause)I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint!

Owner: We're closin' for lunch.

Mr. Praline: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this season ticket what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.

Owner: Oh yes, the, uh, the Sky Blue...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?

Mr. Praline: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. they're dead, that's what's wrong with it!

Owner: No, no, 'e's uh,...they're a.. uh... sleeping giant.

Mr. Praline: Look, matey, I know a dead club when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Owner: No no they're not dead, they're, they;re at t' bottom of the cycle! Remarkable club, the Sky Blue, idn'it, ay? Beautiful heritage!

Mr. Praline: The heritage don't enter into it. It's stone dead.

Owner: Nononono, no, no! 'E's a sleeping giant!

Mr. Praline: All right then, if they're a sleeping giant, I'll wake 'em up! (shouting at the cage) 'Ello, CCFC! I've got a lovely fresh 3 points for you if you show...

(owner opens folder of stadium drawings)

Owner: There, he moved!

Mr. Praline: No, he didn't, that was you drawing pictures!

Owner: I never!!

Mr. Praline: Yes, you did!

Owner: I never, never did anything...

Mr. Praline: (studying stadium plans furiously) 'ELLO CCFC!!!!! Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call!

(Takes club out of the stadium and thumps its head on Northampton Throws it up in the air and watches it plummet to the floor.)

Mr. Praline: Now that's what I call a dead football club.

Owner: No, no.....No, 'e's worried by the protests!

Mr. Praline: WORRIED?!?

Owner: Yeah! You worried him, just as he was wakin' up! Sky Blues stun easily, major.

Mr. Praline: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That club is definitely deceased, and when I purchased a season ticket not 'alf an hour ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' getting used to a new manager and suffering from a series of injuries.

Owner: Well, he's...he's, ah...Chris Stokes gets back.

Mr. Praline: CHRIS STOKES?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did he fall flat on his back the moment the opposition attacked?

Owner: The Sky Blue prefers keepin' on it's back! Remarkable club, id'nit, squire? Lovely heritage!

Mr. Praline: Look, I took the liberty of examining that season ticket when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that its in such a fancy stadium in the first place was that it had been FORCED there.

(pause)

Owner: Well, o'course it was forced there! If I hadn't nailed that club down, it would have nuzzled up to those Northamptonites, and VOOM! Feeweeweewee!

Mr. Praline: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this club wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it! It's bleedin' demised!

Owner: No no! It's delusional about it's real place in the football world!

Mr. Praline: It's not delusional'! It's passed on! This club is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-CLUB!!

(pause)

Owner: Well, I'd better leave, then. (he takes a quick peek at the accounts) Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh, we're right out of potential owners.

Mr. Praline: I see. I see, I get the picture.

Owner: (pause) I got a rumour of foreign investment.

(pause)

Mr. Praline: Pray, does it build stadiums?

Owner: Nnnnot really.

Mr. Praline: WELL IT'S HARDLY A BLOODY REPLACEMENT, IS IT?!!???!!?

Owner: N-no, I guess not. (gets ashamed, looks at his feet)

Mr. Praline: Well.

(pause)

Owner: (quietly) D'you.... d'you want to watch us lose to Rochdale on a wet Wednesday afternoon?

Mr. Praline: (looks around) Yeah, all right, sure.

skybluetony176

If Tim Fisher and SISU are the only hope we've got then we've got no hope. I wouldn't blame anyone for boycotting and I wouldn't blame anyone who does go if they did a pitch invasion every home game.

Senior Vick from Alicante

The game is up gentlemen. Wasps will not negotiate over a new rolling lease, no investment means no new ground or ground share, political embargo means no chance of achieving anything in his words. He is doing a very good job of carrying out Sisu's remit which means that the club will spiral down further. He won't go as he has no shame and they won't sell as it's cash neutral. The club is dead as we know it! Your left with 2 stark choices, support the mongrels in charge and watch the continued slow death or stop the supply of cash and let it die quicker. Both are bad options but it's got to be the quick death. It's now the supporter's versus big business, it stopped being about football today.

The Lurker

We're not dead, it ain't great, but we ain't dead.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
We have no investment. We have owners who don't care. Now fans don't care which in fishers eyes are £ signs. If fans disappear which they will then what have we left? Less money = less quality players which equals the death of ccfc.

Samo

I'm done actually. I won't flounce by starting my own thread but that's enough for me, I can do without such a negative influence in my life.

stupot07

We have no investment. We have owners who don't care. Now fans don't care which in fishers eyes are £ signs. If fans disappear which they will then what have we left? Less money = less quality players which equals the death of ccfc.

No it doesn't. 100% fan boycott leading to liquidation = death. Just being shit with lower crowds is just being a shit with lower crowds.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Tonight confirmed for me they have no interest in making us look a little bit pretty and selling us off to the first bidder for a few quid.

They'd rather just take us to an inevitable death with them as a business and us as fans losing.

The Lurker

No it doesn't. 100% fan boycott leading to liquidation = death. Just being shit with lower crowds is just being a shit with lower crowds.

To most fans the club is dead. That's why only 8,000 go now in a city population of 330,000 and more in Warwickshire which will continue to drop. If you don't think the club is dead then your deluded. Especially after tonight. We have no hope.

stupot07

To most fans the club is dead. That's why only 8,000 go now in a city population of 330,000 and more in Warwickshire which will continue to drop. If you don't think the club is dead then your deluded. Especially after tonight. We have no hope.
Well I'm fucking deluded then, because I'm sure when I next go up to the Ricoh, ccfc will be alive if not kicking, but competing (badly) in league one.

There is always hope, sisu will eventually fuck off and we can move on. We just need to hang in there until they do.

The Lurker

Well I'm fucking deluded then, because I'm sure when I next go up to the Ricoh, ccfc will be alive if not kicking, but competing (badly) in league one.

There is always hope, sisu will eventually fuck off and we can move on. We just need to hang in there until they do.

"Sisu will eventually fuck off"

Will they? People been saying that for years and according to fisher that isn't going to happen anytime soon. So before we know it, league 2 looks likely in front of 5,000 fans.

What hope is there? Fans Will not hang in while fisher and sisu are here.

Samo

I admire your staying power Stupot and I don't want to sound dramatic, I know it's just footy but it's honestly got to me - I really can't do it any more, there is just no upside whatsoever. It's like watching a good friend get a kicking over and over on a loop.

torchomatic

You get that a lot on here, agree with me or else you are: deluded, love sisu, etc etc

Senior Vick from Alicante

So back to the point are you OK with giving money over to watch a worsening product? Do you pay for a bad meal and go back or eat somewhere else. It's an easy choice for most. Like I said earlier it ain't about football anymore.

The Lurker

So back to the point are you OK with giving money over to watch a worsening product? Do you pay for a bad meal and go back or eat somewhere else. It's an easy choice for most. Like I said earlier it ain't about football anymore.

Exactly. He called us customers not fans. There is the problem. But it's alright, sisu will fuck off eventually (apparently) been hearing that for years

torchomatic

Here comes the super fan. You seriously don't think this club is fucked?

Yes, but not dead. It's nothing to do with being a super fan. What does that mean, it's just another insult to throw at someone you don't agree with.

Evo1883

PS I'm not renewing and I know an awful lot who aren't either .
I can't see there being more than 2500 season ticket holders next year , as this years was up anyway due to last season .
But It's entirely up to supporters what they do ...away days only for me

The Lurker

Yes, but not dead. It's nothing to do with being a super fan. What does that mean, it's just another insult to throw at someone you don't agree with.

Insult? How you work that out? Lol You talk down to people who say they won't go anywone and use the phrase I'll still be there no matter what. Good for you but your in the minority now. More and more fans are dwindling away. Why because of sisu and fisher.

stupot07

Football is different to going to a restaurant you have absolutely no attachment to. Am I happy with the product on the pitch? No, I haven't been with the product on the pitch for the majority of my life supporting us, where despite 3-4 odd seasons we have been crap in context of the league we've been playing in.

And at the minute, I will be renewing my ST as going to the football is far more than the match, it's about spending quality time with my grandad, mum and son, 4 generations of us torturing oursleves watching shit football.

torchomatic

Insult? How you work that out? Lol You talk down to people who say they won't go anywone and use the phrase I'll still be there no matter what. Good for you but your in the minority now. More and more fans are dwindling away. Why because of sisu and fisher.

So why call me a superfan then? Is it a term of endearment?

I'm in the minority? Probably, but I'm not going to feel guilty for supporting my team. Have a go at someone else.

torchomatic

Whose making you feel guilty? Bizarre comment.

Because of the "superfan, you're in the minority, the one who says he will go no matter what", etc etc. Yes, I will and I don't have to legitimise that to anyone. Like I said have a go at someone else.

Otis

Football is different to going to a restaurant you have absolutely no attachment to. Am I happy with the product on the pitch? No, I haven't been with the product on the pitch for the majority of my life supporting us, where despite 3-4 odd seasons we have been crap in context of the league we've been playing in.

And at the minute, I will be renewing my ST as going to the football is far more than the match, it's about spending quality time with my grandad, mum and son, 4 generations of us torturing oursleves watching shit football.

It's where you and me differ. I go alone and sit alone. It's all about the football and nowt else.

You can therefore see why I am not at all keen on renewing as it stands.

It's not a social thing for me. It's all about going to watch my club with hope in my heart and a belief each season that we can make a fist of it and challenge at the right end of the table.

The thought of going now to an empty stadium, sitting by myself hoping we stay out of the bottom 4 is not going to exactly fill my boots unfortunately.

hill83

I go alone and sit alone..

d39a26d3.gif~c200

The Lurker

Because of the "you're in the minority, the one who says he will go no matter what", etc etc. Yes, I will and I don't have to legitimise that to anyone. Like I said have a go at someone else.

Lol how someone over the internet can make you feel guilty is very amusing. If you really think this club is in a good position and has a bright future then good for you, drugs must be good your way

ccfcway

I'm in the minority? Probably, but I'm not going to feel guilty for supporting my team. Have a go at someone else.

You are in the minority yes, as out of 300k + in population, we are down to 8k of fans. You shouldn't feel guilty for supporting your team. We are still not in agreement as to how to combat what is happening to our club. Everyone of us needs to do what we feel is right

torchomatic

Lol how someone over the internet can make you feel guilty is very amusing. If you really think this club is in a good position and has a bright future then good for you, drugs must be good your way

There you go again, I say I'll still support the team I have for over 40 years and you say it's because of drugs. Quote someone else, I'm done with you.

Users who are viewing this thread