This beating will be harmful (1 Viewer)

Glen

This will kill the confidence, yes I never thought we would win but this is a disaster and will kill us badly. Robins has the hardest job on earth

Sub

what did you expect us to beat them? or even draw ? they have world class players where we are bargin basement and loans they ran themselves into the ground and yes mistakes were made but look at the team they have just played!!!! if they show the same commitment and effort in the league games things should get better. lets just hope that the penny has dropped with the players that effort and commitment will get you your just rewards!!

JHarding1987

I disagree, ok we got stuffed, but who thought we wouldn't! We played well in the 1st half & took the game to Arsenal. We kept going & created chances but kept getting caught on counter. We are a team low on confidence, but I think some positives. Not the defence obviously, but we ain't gonna come up against Walcott, Chamberlain, Arshavin, Chamakh & Giroud each week. I have faith in Robins. We went & had a go. Proud of the support 2nite.

swanageskyblue

This will kill the confidence, yes I never thought we would win but this is a disaster and will kill us badly. Robins has the hardest job on earth

Nothing disasterous about tonight at all. Judging from the radio commentary, we played with commitment and confidence throughout, and our fans sounded great. We ran out of steam later on, which reinforces doubts about our players' fitness, but if we can take the positives from tonight into our next game at Oldham, we will start picking up points. Keep the faith!

Skyblueweeman

To be fair Glen, I don't think it'll be that damaging. I doubt the players expected to win tonight against such strong opposition and although would've enjoyed playing in such surroundings against some international stars, I doubt they'll dwell on it that much.

A 6-0 defeat at the weekend on the other hand.....

TheHellion

If this had been a league game, then I think we'd have had the alarm bells ringing. But I think we were always on a hiding-to-nothing tonight. We were always going to struggle here, I'd be surprised if this result is as bad as you expect it to. Way too melodramatic there Glen.

Black6Osprey

I don't think tonight will have any negative effect on us. It was never going to be a game we were going to win and there is no shame in losing by any score to Arsenal especially away from home. It gave some of the new guys a run out which will hopefully be helpful both for them and Robins and I hope its given Robins some more ideas of who to play and how to play in future games. I just hope we can recover physically for Saturday.

Diehard Si

If this had been a league game, then I think we'd have had the alarm bells ringing. But I think we were always on a hiding-to-nothing tonight. We were always going to struggle here, I'd be surprised if this result is as bad as you expect it to. Way too melodramatic there Glen.

If it was a league game I'd be delighted as we'd be in the Prem.

They also beat Soton 6-1 in the league tho ;)

ricohman

i expected a six nil defeat so 6 - 1 aint so bad lol. And i cant see our confidence getting any lower so im still hopeful of a win on sat. you have to remember when you play a good team like arsenal the next game against lower opposition should seem like a breeze.

And on a positive note we now have less games to play and can concentrate on the league games.

Last edited:

scroobiustom

Hardest job on earth - wow, why did he take it?

Glen

Thanks guys but this is not a good night it is even more confidence zapping and things will get worse

stupot07

To be fair getting hammered is getting hammered doesn't matter who it's against or what the competition is. I

Nonleagueherewecome

Honestly, after the Carlisle game I don't think confidence could get any lower. If anything tonight is a good thing-it was a game we were never going to win, yet it's been an invaluable 90 minutes for Robins to bed in his new signings and his formation. He'll also have learnt a lot more about his players-in a "trouble-shooting" way.

And there are some positives in that for all that it sounds a beating, the players can walk away proud that they didn't give up, they kept battling-that's possibly the first time in 6 games that they can say that! If they'd played like they did as Shrewsbury it would have been double figures. Not to mention that we scored a really well worked goal!

Sick Boy

Thanks guys but this is not a good night it is even more confidence zapping and things will get worse

what did you expect to happen? Did you honestly expect us to beat Arsenal? A hammering was always on the cards. Sheffield Utd went to the Emirates last season and lost 6-0...i must have forgotten their remarkable slump and slide down the table!

Things will improve albeit slowly, but there is no reason to be so negative. We won't be relegated this season IMO but we should be looking to rebuild for next season and take it from there. I am sure that some fans still believe we will go up this season...they need to calm their expectations and get behind Robins and look to the future.

ajsccfc

Glen only wakes up at the full-time whistle of defeats. After making a thread or fifteen covering the same subject he then goes into hibernation. Waiting. Interminably waiting.

Grendel

What about that shockingly stupid "Grendel"? If HE'S got a brain cell at all it'll be v. lonely.

Gosh I never had you down as a wit - well at least you are half way there.

Disorganised1

I think it showed what we already know - we ain't as fit as we should be ~ we're a long way from where we used to be ~ effort is no substitute for ability.

Users who are viewing this thread