This Academy bullshit ! (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

All I know is there is atleast as much land at Ryton as there was at the Wigan set up so there is enough land to copy what they have atleast

chiefdave

We have the land...at Ryton, as much land as what I seen at Wigan, maybe a little more, layout just needs re-jigging a bit and there's indoor facilities at the Connexion !
How are you re-jigging at Ryton to fit anything in? We don't own the whole site just the lodge and two pitches. There's an extremely limited amount of land owned by the club that's not in use already.

rupert_bear

Stop making excuses for SISU ffs! I haven't been to Ryton for ages but I'm certain there were pitches running back to back and one at the side, there were certainly more than two wouldn't take Capability Brown to re-design the lay out, just needs the will to want to do it. All this clap-trap that's gone on about can't get a meeting with this lot, that lot through out the summer is just that clap-trap, stalling for what ever and if the bottom line is Cat3 that's better than fuck all in my book.

stupot07

All I know is there is atleast as much land at Ryton as there was at the Wigan set up so there is enough land to copy what they have atleast
We've been through this before. There is no room at ryton. Where exactly do you put an indoor 3g pitch, and outdoor 3g pitch, 3-4 outdoor grass pitches, and all the changing rooms, medical rooms, meeting rooms, classrooms, canteen etc on the ccfc ryton site? Plus enough room for the first team and reserves?
7a9dcca3d8ca7eefbc7e23e47cd7f4f8.jpg

The site is only just big enough for 2 pitch and some changing/office/gym/etc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

We've been through this before. There is no room at ryton. Where exactly do you put an indoor 3g pitch, and outdoor 3g pitch, 3-4 outdoor grass pitches, and all the changing rooms, medical rooms, meeting rooms, classrooms, canteen etc on the ccfc ryton site? Plus enough room for the first team and reserves?

The site is only just big enough for 2 pitch and some changing/office/gym/etc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Look, rupert has said that it's big enough and I trust what he says. OK?

NorthernWisdom

If Rupert just stopped to think a little bit, he'd maybe think the biggest criticism is that our only asset is a small bit of training pitches in rural(ish!) Warwickshire... not that we're not utilising it properly!

Still... won't get fooled again?

Jamieblue7

And the academy need 4 grass pitches. That's without 1st team and 21s. How on earth does 2 pitches turn into 6. Really !! Please

chiefdave

And the academy need 4 grass pitches. That's without 1st team and 21s. How on earth does 2 pitches turn into 6. Really !! Please
If, as seems highly likely, we have to leave Higgs for me the best bet is Warwick uni. Had a look at their facilities and their plans at the weekend and I don't think it would take too much to bring that up to standard. Plus there's a lot more uni owned land around where the existing and planned facilities are which falls under Warwick Council not CCC.

rupert_bear

The plain truth is sisu don't want an academy that costs them over half a million a year but want to push the blame anywhere they can so long as it's not on their doorstep

Jamieblue7

Rupert. Is that a fact or an opinion. If it's fact let's have it. If it's an opinion then your welcome to it.
I bet the club have a cat 2 academy next season. That's my opinion

SkyBlueZack

The plain truth is sisu don't want an academy that costs them over half a million a year but want to push the blame anywhere they can so long as it's not on their doorstep

The irony of this is incredible. You say pushing the blame elsewhere but fall hook line and sinker for all other parties putting the blame at the club you support. I have to laugh otherwise I'd cry.

SkyBlueZack

You know who. The ones with the door open and you only have to ask. The ones who quote ccfc are building their own etc. Blah blah. Zzzzzzz

chiefdave

So in reality how would that work? The club are currently putting more than the minimum requirement into the academy which doesn't indicate to me they are about to close it down.

£600K a year is going in for that we run an academy costing over £1m. Move to cat 3 and the FA grant drops a lot. We'd be looking at running an academy on £500K a year, or even less if we don't even have cat 3.

That's means it will be harder to attract good players and players we sell will return less in compensation. That increased the chances of our better players being picked off earlier. They can be taken cheaply so are less of a risk.

Now look at how much per year ex-academy player sales bring in compared to the cost. Then look at how many first team players are ex-academy players. Even if you pick those players up for free there will still be agents fees.

So how much do SISU, who aren't putting money into the club anymore, 'saving' by closing the academy?

Jamieblue7

Of course you are correct and the bulk of that £600/700k investment comes from an FA grant. We have made a good few million out of the academy so using some of that money to build our own independent of anyone else has to be better than piggy backing with Wasps, using some of the Maddison money for example
Incorrect again Rupert. The academy budget is around 1.2 million. With 600k coming from a grant from premier league. If you go and speak to people there they are a happy to discuss

SBchimp

What I dont get Rupert, as you were at Wigan you presumably have a son at the academy.
You seem very negative about it. as we have one of the most productive academy's in the country aren't you living the dream??

Warwickhunt

We can stay there providing we play water polo

chiefdave

Both on the same scale. Apparently we just need to move things around a bit at Ryton and we can fit in something similar to Wigan!
ccfc.jpg wafc.jpg

rupert_bear

What I dont get Rupert, as you were at Wigan you presumably have a son at the academy.
You seem very negative about it. as we have one of the most productive academy's in the country aren't you living the dream??
Well the dream continues as we are off to Carrington Thursday. As an aside confidence on the future for the academy from staff I would say isn't great

SBchimp

Well the dream continues as we are off to Carrington Thursday. As an aside confidence on the future for the academy from staff I would say isn't great

Well my opinion is totally opposite to yours. As an academy parent I find the staff very positive, in fact they are the most upbeat I've seen them for a few seasons. Have you not noticed the new equipment arriving on a regular basis? The new mini bus last season? The great pitches that have been relaid each of the last 3 seasons. I'm no fan of the owners and how they run the club, but from an academy perspective they stumping up what is required!
Enjoy Man Utd, hope they get a result.

Nick

Administrator
Well my opinion is totally opposite to yours. As an academy parent I find the staff very positive, in fact they are the most upbeat I've seen them for a few seasons. Have you not noticed the new equipment arriving on a regular basis? The new mini bus last season? The great pitches that have been relaid each of the last 3 seasons. I'm no fan of the owners and how they run the club, but from an academy perspective they stumping up what is required!
Enjoy Man Utd, hope they get a result.

Good to hear, some of the pitches looked fantastic!

What equipment are they getting in?

Users who are viewing this thread