Things that most Supermarkets no longer stock (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Hells lager - just cans no bottles available in the shires - fuckwits
Try the Steinhauser from Aldi, it's a decent helles style lager in bottles. For the price I'd say it's about the best lager you can get in a supermarket.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Kneeza

Sterilised milk
Horlicks tablets (sweets)
Ooh, I loved Horlicks tabs.
My mate's dad was, back in the seventies, the Midland Area Sales Manager for Beecham's Foods. His huge garage was always full of Quosh, PLJ (his car reg was PLJ3), Hunt's drinks, various tinned foods, and Horlicks tabs by the box. We once virtually lived on them on a camping holiday in Cornwall!
Edit: and Morton's Cherry Pie Filling. Yum.

rob9872

Sterilised milk
Horlicks tablets (sweets)
I remember being on the milk round before school and delivering sterilised. Tall slim bottles with like a Grolsch top. Pain in the arse to collect empties. Used to deliver Jersey too (gold top) - that was delicious on cereal but don't know anybody who drinks it these days.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I loved a very cold bottle of sterilised milk and could finish multipacks of the Horlicks tablets, a US firm was making something similar a few years back but just not the same

skybluejelly

I remember being on the milk round before school and delivering sterilised. Tall slim bottles with like a Grolsch top. Pain in the arse to collect empties. Used to deliver Jersey too (gold top) - that was delicious on cereal but don't know anybody who drinks it these days.

I drink gold too , as it’s one of the only ones I can find that’s not homogenised , when I was on the milk we used to sell that too but very few bottles ..now it’s nearly all homogenised

fernandopartridge

I drink gold too , as it’s one of the only ones I can find that’s not homogenised , when I was on the milk we used to sell that too but very few bottles ..now it’s nearly all homogenised
I used to get milk from a local dairy and it wasn't homogenised, lovely bit of cream at the top.

I go to another dairy now I've moved but it's mostly homogenised but not always.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Haven't seen a cheese ploughmans sandwich as part of the meal deal in our local co-op for ages

ProfessorbyGrace

It was clear Coca Cola, just a pretty pointless gimmick

Essentially, yes, I think Tab was a bit of a Coca Cola imitation. It didn’t really taste the same, to me at least, it was more refreshing. Hence the walking out of Woolworths in town, with a carrier bag full of the stuff.

ovduk78

Tbf smash has been around for ages. When I was little I preferred it to actual mashed potato. Tried it a few years back and wondered why on earth I ever did, it's foul!
Never really eaten it but I know it can come in handy if you overboil potatoes to mush.

ajsccfc

You can still get smash. Crazy some of the things supermarket do currently sell for convenience like mashed potato and grated cheese. How lazy have we become?

Instant mash I can see the point as you're saving a good amount of time but grated cheese is one that should be the sole domain of people who keep clumsily grating their own fingers

ajsccfc

Not seen them in a supermarket yet but every now and then the vending machines at work have Guinness crisps that don't actually taste of Guinness but are absolutely magic, if I ever stumble across a multipack I'm loading the car

Nick

Administrator
Not seen them in a supermarket yet but every now and then the vending machines at work have Guinness crisps that don't actually taste of Guinness but are absolutely magic, if I ever stumble across a multipack I'm loading the car

Think Tesco have them.

Users who are viewing this thread