Things That Aren’t What They Used To Be (back in the good ol’ days) (1 Viewer)

ProfessorbyGrace

I felt strangely, but strongly compelled to start this thread after buying a Lynx Java ‘retro’ gift set for myself yesterday. It was my ‘go to’ spray for going down the youth club, back in the day, and seemed to work well whilst on the pull a few years later.

This version, however, smells like a bar of soap mixed with a heap of spices.

Not what it used to be!

Feel free to vent passionately about stuff that isn’t what it once was, back in the day.

Covkid1968#

I feel your pain brother… used to love a bit of this back in the day

Attachments

• CDD03DE8-CFD0-41E5-80D4-8A727B542ABF.jpeg
    CDD03DE8-CFD0-41E5-80D4-8A727B542ABF.jpeg
    408.9 KB · Views: 7

Nick

Administrator
I felt strangely, but strongly compelled to start this thread after buying a Lynx Java ‘retro’ gift set for myself yesterday. It was my ‘go to’ spray for going down the youth club, back in the day, and seemed to work well whilst on the pull a few years later.

This version, however, smells like a bar of soap mixed with a heap of spices.

Not what it used to be!

Feel free to vent passionately about stuff that isn’t what it once was, back in the day.
You need joop mate.

Pure fingering.

stay_up_skyblues

I miss when you used to put a game in a console just start playing it. No downloading, updates, sign up, cookies questionnaire, tutorial etc. easily 30-60 minutes to actually get going these days.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Used to love lynx Atlantis and a bit of cerruti 1881.

skybluetony176

It was Mandate aftershave that used to get the girls frothy when I was a yooth. Then in my late teens we all started moving onto Kouros, before in my early twenties moving onto Fahrenheit. Now I just wear whatever the wife buys me.

ProfessorbyGrace

I miss when you used to put a game in a console just start playing it. No downloading, updates, sign up, cookies questionnaire, tutorial etc. easily 30-60 minutes to actually get going these days.
The only gaming I do now is the snes/N64 and mega drive simulators you can get on Nintendo Switch as part of the membership deal. Pick it up, load, sorted.

shepardo01

It was Mandate aftershave that used to get the girls frothy when I was a yooth. Then in my late teens we all started moving onto Kouros, before in my early twenties moving onto Fahrenheit. Now I just wear whatever the wife buys me.
When I was at university, and short of a few bob, the pound-shop did a "special" version of Fahrenheit, called "mans perfect fire" ... just as good!😉

LastGarrison

Budgies.

What's happened to them? Growing up loads of people had them locked up in a cage with just a mirror and a massive chunk of cuttlefish as company and now it seems no fucker has them anymore!

Brighton Sky Blue

Season 4 Episode 22 GIF by The Simpsons

shmmeee

Budgies.

What's happened to them? Growing up loads of people had them locked up in a cage with just a mirror and a massive chunk of cuttlefish as company and now it seems no fucker has them anymore!

Noisy fuckers whenever I saw one, never saw the point in them as a pet. Did people get them out to fly about or anything? Or are they just noisy feathered goldfish?

wingy

Budgies.

Can't beat a good Myna bird or Zebra finch.😉

LastGarrison

Noisy fuckers whenever I saw one, never saw the point in them as a pet. Did people get them out to fly about or anything? Or are they just noisy feathered goldfish?
I had one as a kid. Let it out the cage once and it flew around the room and got stuck behind the radiator.

In hindsight pretty cruel to keep them as pets and as you say pretty pointless as well.

ProfessorbyGrace

Proper 80’s Findus crispy pancakes with BSE infected beef in them, num num num.

This time of year isn’t what it used to be. Why’s that, you ask? Well, mainly cos it’s cost quadruple to fuel my kids with their materialistic demands at Christmas than it ever cost my parents for me. I was happy with a couple of Transformers, a bit of chocolate and watching Sword in the Sodding Stone on telly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry_dactyl

Proper 80’s Findus crispy pancakes with BSE infected beef in them, num num num.

This time of year isn’t what it used to be. Why’s that, you ask? Well, mainly cos it’s cost quadruple to fuel my kids with their materialistic demands at Christmas than it ever cost my parents for me. I was happy with a couple of Transformers, a bit of chocolate and watching Sword in the Sodding Stone on telly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sword in the Stone?!?! Transformers?!?! Bloody luxury!
My dad used to come home at Christmas, after his 25 hour shift down t’ pit, and beat us with sticks…etc etc etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread