Things that are right with football thread (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

Following on from Nick’s “things wrong with football thread” thread the other week I thought I’d be good to flip the coin and create this one.

By the way it should be noted that there was nothing wrong with yours, Nick. There were plenty of important issues brought up in there and I agreed with the original idea and a lot of the following posts.

I’ll start with this here. Young lad donated his pocket money to the local food bank. Heartwarming stuff.

rob9872

2) The football family coming together

Rivalries and hatred (sometimes embarrassing bile spewed in the direction of opposing fans) all put aside for non footballing matters. Eg Mansfield fans the other week joining in applause on 2&6 minutes for the young lads mowed down in Coventry. We reciprocated later on for a former player of theirs in a specific 2nd half minute. Seen it countless times at games around the country and I was proud to see everyone's' reaction to young Bradley the brave little Sunderland lad last year.

Footie fans always tarred with the same hooligan brush and whilst there are number of idiots around, we also have a lot of decent folk among us too and that's often ignored.

rob9872

3) Support from other teams against unfit ownership. Further solidarity of the extended football family.

skybluesam66

I actually think that for 95% of fans, where you can drink with them before and after the game, but for that 90 minutes, its as if they have robbed your granny
It is that which brings the rivalry, passion and humour into the game

Nick

Administrator
Can't thing of many situations where blokes will jump up, shout yes and jump about.

Somebody could probably give me a lambo and I wouldn't do that.

All restraints are gone.

Macca

2) The football family coming together

Rivalries and hatred (sometimes embarrassing bile spewed in the direction of opposing fans) all put aside for non footballing matters. Eg Mansfield fans the other week joining in applause on 2&6 minutes for the young lads mowed down in Coventry. We reciprocated later on for a former player of theirs in a specific 2nd half minute. Seen it countless times at games around the country and I was proud to see everyone's' reaction to young Bradley the brave little Sunderland lad last year.

Footie fans always tarred with the same hooligan brush and whilst there are number of idiots around, we also have a lot of decent folk among us too and that's often ignored.

Isn't this just the very minimal standard you would expect from a human though

rob9872

Isn't this just the very minimal standard you would expect from a human though
It should be but appreciated all the same. We have of couse seen different before - west ham on remembrance day I recall as one that springs to mind and was pretty unsavoury, although in fairness they sorted that out themselves.

Gazolba

The ball is round as opposed to Rugby where it isn't.
The other good thing is that both men and women can play it and are equally enjoyable to watch (IMHO).

Users who are viewing this thread