Things are starting to look up. (1 Viewer)

skybluesben

Oh thank god!!!!!!!!! We are saved now!!!!!!! :facepalm:

The CableGuy

I'm sure the rest of League 1 are shaking in their boots:

"Have you heard? Bell is staying at Cov! FFS, how will we get promoted now?!?!"

Sutty

Bell comes across as a decent bloke on twitter. He's also nowhere near as bad at football as we make out.

Tonylinc

Bell would be a great player in a team that could afford to carry him for 89 mins. The simple fact is that we can't.

coundonskyblue

<p>
Bell comes across as a decent bloke on twitter. He's also nowhere near as bad at football as we make out.

In fairness most lower league players are decent enough lads, it only seems to be when they get near the premiership that the egos grow & they turn into the repulsive people we read about in the papers.

CJparker

We should name one of the stands at the Ricoh after him. Ideally, one of the Ends

CCFC123

Bells world class...................................................

........................................at cooking a good fry up. Wished the piss taker would pack the game in. Makes me sick when I see him doing fuck all every other month when he can be bothered to lace his boots up.

CCFC123

when you see arseoles like bell doing what there doing do you wonder why supporters cant be bothered either? Bell's taking the piss out the supporters. It's easy money for him and its reward for failure however, the prick wont ever think like that and most probably think we owe him something.

awful signing and probably one of the worst in the clubs history.

standupforcity

when you see arseoles like bell doing what there doing do you wonder why supporters cant be bothered either? Bell's taking the piss out the supporters. It's easy money for him and its reward for failure however, the prick wont ever think like that and most probably think we owe him something.

awful signing and probably one of the worst in the clubs history.

I hope he makes you eat your words....and you should hope so too...!!!!

Grendel

I don't profess to be a huge fan of bell and he has underlivered. That said, he has had injuries. If he is fit next season he should do well. I certainly wouldn't say he has a poor attitude.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Bell will be terrible still imo, of course he is going nowhere we are the only club stupid enough to take him.

His highlight of the season will be one long range pass or one decent shot from range across the season, for the other 45 games he will do nothing.

mark82

People seem to forget we are in League 1 next year. The division that made Ched Evans look good.

Astute

I have a little secret for some.

We are not a Prem side anymore. That ended years ago. We are not a Championship side. That ended weeks ago.

Some of us are in for a reality check when the season starts. There are some decent players in Div3. Most sides have 1 or 2. Some don't have any. What they do have is players that give 100%. A lot of the teams are full of big players. We will see us getting bullied off the ball. But if we play the passing game we could do well. Players like Bell are taking a big step down. If he can stay injury free he should do well. Our ex academy lads will look good in Div3. What we need is goalscorers. Cody could have a great season. Platt will be Platt :thinking about:Could be a good thing, could be a bad thing.

We need all the players we can get. We need all the players we can keep. It is going to be a rollercoaster of a season. Some great small (crap) grounds to go to. Defeats to crap teams. Occasional big wins. Players like Bell will be needed. Last season we didn't have enough players. This season looks the same. We were bringing players back from injury too quick. Is this what happened with Bell? Lets see how he does in Div3 before saying he is shite. Until we start playing our games we will not know which of our players can or can't cope with the change of playing in Div3. Hopefully all of them will and we will have a good season.

Now is not a time to look for someone else to blame. We are where we are. We have who we have. We will get who we get (most probably hardly anyone if we get anyone at all)

aodea

bell will be more than good enough to feature in our side in this division next year. He will not be the best player in the leauge but he will not be the worst (far from it). I am of the opinion that we need to get behind what we have at the club becasue we prob wont get many more players in over the summer. our squad is small and in a lot of cases very young. we need to ensure that players like bell do not leave because we will not see the money reinvested.

standupforcity

I have a little secret for some.

We are not a Prem side anymore. That ended years ago. We are not a Championship side. That ended weeks ago.

Some of us are in for a reality check when the season starts. There are some decent players in Div3. Most sides have 1 or 2. Some don't have any. What they do have is players that give 100%. A lot of the teams are full of big players. We will see us getting bullied off the ball. But if we play the passing game we could do well. Players like Bell are taking a big step down. If he can stay injury free he should do well. Our ex academy lads will look good in Div3. What we need is goalscorers. Cody could have a great season. Platt will be Platt :thinking about:Could be a good thing, could be a bad thing.

We need all the players we can get. We need all the players we can keep. It is going to be a rollercoaster of a season. Some great small (crap) grounds to go to. Defeats to crap teams. Occasional big wins. Players like Bell will be needed. Last season we didn't have enough players. This season looks the same. We were bringing players back from injury too quick. Is this what happened with Bell? Lets see how he does in Div3 before saying he is shite. Until we start playing our games we will not know which of our players can or can't cope with the change of playing in Div3. Hopefully all of them will and we will have a good season.

Now is not a time to look for someone else to blame. We are where we are. We have who we have. We will get who we get (most probably hardly anyone if we get anyone at all)

Excellent post Astute...my sentiments exactly. And thanks for taking the time to put it so clearly.

Getting behind the team is so important...in fact THE most important thing!.

ccfcjohn

Astute - pretty spot on there mate. i've never been Bell's biggest fan, but i certainly wouldn't knock his effort or commitment. i think whoever is prepared to stay commited to the club deserves a huge pat on the back and the fans should give them credit and get behind them for that reason alone.
too many players these days are quick to jump ship as soon as it starts to sink, ok we've sank as low as we've been for a long time, but have an excellent chance of getting straight back up and riding the waves of a promotion challenge.
if the likes of Keogh and Cranie stay, and we keep some of the excellent young lads that came through last year - Clarke, Hussey, Thomas, Willis, Bigi etc, their commitment on and off the pitch will be second to none, and they have the chance of going down in City's history as the side that dragged us out of Div 3.

we all need to get behind whoever is in the squad the 1st day of the season and give them our full vocal support

standupforcity

Astute - pretty spot on there mate. i've never been Bell's biggest fan, but i certainly wouldn't knock his effort or commitment. i think whoever is prepared to stay commited to the club deserves a huge pat on the back and the fans should give them credit and get behind them for that reason alone.
too many players these days are quick to jump ship as soon as it starts to sink, ok we've sank as low as we've been for a long time, but have an excellent chance of getting straight back up and riding the waves of a promotion challenge.
if the likes of Keogh and Cranie stay, and we keep some of the excellent young lads that came through last year - Clarke, Hussey, Thomas, Willis, Bigi etc, their commitment on and off the pitch will be second to none, and they have the chance of going down in City's history as the side that dragged us out of Div 3.

we all need to get behind whoever is in the squad the 1st day of the season and give them our full vocal support

At last I'm hearing some real common sense here! Thank God we're beginning to wake up to the reality and it ain't that bad....

Users who are viewing this thread