They've run us up against a cliff edge of and they've moved to tip us over (1 Viewer)

cloughie

For me it depends if we protest at Northampton or do a "day at the ricoh"

Northampton would simply be asking for trouble

I will be outside northampton unless something is organised at the ricoh as a n embarrassment to the few who go inside sixfields

georgehudson

imho, TF has put himself up as the ultimate puppet,
he, imho, sold his soul from day 1 @ OUR club,
the perpetual blame game he trots out is utterly pathetic, with an appropriate degree of malevolence,
'how high Joy' springs to mind,
but you seriously have to ask,
FL justify your lack of honesty, (imho),
of course

Spionkop

So, if the worst comes on Friday, what do US FANS do next?
Some contingency plan from the Sky Blue Trust would be helpful.
Is it protest on Jimmy's Hill or the Ricoh?

Sick Boy

Cheers SISU & ACL. Unbelievably some on here still back ACL to the hilt and want the club to be liquidated...only at CCFC.

dongonzalos

it's obvious that ACL believe they can survive on 150,000 a year rent, why didn't they offer that years ago.
:censored:

I hope u do understand if ACL had offered 50 k a month rent from the beginning if would not have been accepted.

SISU in there eyes lost £100 quid and found £20 quid.

One minute they were about to succeed with underhand tactics to buy out ACL on the cheap.

The next minute they getting offered a more than acceptable rent and facing paying the going rate for ACL.

As much as the second scenario sounds great to the average layman.

To SISU finding twenty quid is a definite glass half empty.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So it has been flat out rejected?

This is heart breaking, I'm jealous of those who don't care anymore. I wish I couldn't care

Even if we come back will have still lost half the fan base

Where is Fridays meeting taking place?

olderskyblue

SISU do not want ACL to sign the CVA. They want them to go into costly court battles to distress them further... IMO

NorthernWisdom

Look we can talk all night on here,...but what do US FANS, the true owners of CCFC, do next?

Protest - first day of league season - message, CCFC belongs in Coventry - place, football league headquarters.

Get NTFC to organise it as he's the only one wh seems clued in to messages.

But of course, it's too late to organise it properly now.

Spionkop

CCFC, join the queue.
Seriously, if this madness goes ahead, we have to make our feelings known. A couple of weeks ago it was all Jimmy's Hill or the Ricoh. It's all gone quiet.
Appreciate everyone (the sane amongst us) are gutted at the minute. But we have to act.

BrisbaneBronco

But please remember who put us into this position in the first place, ACL far too long ago for most of us to remember but the owners reacted to put us into administration before that could happen, if they hadn't ACL
would have totally destroyed the Sky Blues IMHO!

Well, if ACL had put us in admin and not SISU, am I correct in assuming that ACL would have appointed the administrator?. In which case we would be under different ownership. Hardly destroying the club is it. I stand to be corrected.

@richh87

I don't care who owns the stadium, as long as we are playing in it!

I care! Ownership of the Ricoh (or rather the income streams) is vital for FFP. If we can find a trust worthy owner then we should push for a deal to be struck, otherwise we'll never see any success as our budget will remain League 1/2

Sub

cliffedge.jpg

skybluesam66

This Isn't A Financial Situation Of Our Making - Fisher

Fisher SHOULD BE Taking The Blame as he is an arrogant c#%t
Coventry City CEO Tim Fisher is claiming that the financial situation regarding the CVA is not of SISU's making.:jerkit:
Mr Fisher, said to James Raich of the Guardian: "They've run us up against a cliff edge of liquidation and they've moved to tip us over. "All I can say is that it is the biggest crying shame. - because we wanted to take the credit for it
"How can a public body not accept a complete CVA where they will get the money that they are owed, instead of a liquidation where they will get a fraction of that, potentially one-sixtieth of what they would have got? whilst a body backed by its investors is quite happy to piss money up the wall and lose all of its customers
"This isn't a financial situation of our making; there is no financial gain :claping hands:. Actually there is economic and financial wreckage at the club. I'm not sure we could have done anything differently." Really tim - you could have fucked off long ago, instead of standing there with your smarmy grin, thinking its a funny game. May your brain be infested with maggots you slimy creature

CCFC_GT

There is economic and financial wreckage at the club, and SISU/CCC/ACL are all responsible.

I despise SISU for their plan to take CCFC to Northampton, and for their apparent unwillingness to actually participate in a negotiation.

However I have never accepted that a better rent deal on its own is reasonable or sufficient for the football club to prosper, and it is simply not acceptable that ACL has not at this stage put on the table an offer that enables the football club to buy into wider revenue streams.

I honestly don't see why SISU or any future owner of the club would accept a deal to play at the Ricoh that doesn't include being able to buy the 77% of IEC that ACL owns.

Of course SISU will still not be prepared to negotiate if its ultimate goal is a distressed purchase and ownership of the Arena itself, but only by offering the ability to buy into revenue streams at a reasonable price can this position of SISU be truly exposed for what it is.

CCFC_GT

was the rent 1.4 a year,now the offer is 150,000 surely that saves sisu over million pounds who needs revenue streams when your saving that kind of sum.

Forget SISU and think about the football club for a minute.

The offer on the table now is absolutely a good rent deal and reduces expenditure for the football club which is great, but it doesn't help the football club one jot with income for FFP calculation.

My view is and has always been that the football club adds value to the Ricoh as a business way beyond match days, and should have access . For example the naming rights to the arena will IMHO not have the same income value in future without CCFC.

As PWKH pointed out some time ago "match day revenues are not sufficient to make any real difference to the gap between the other commercial incomes of the Club and the wages. In order to have a self-sufficient club which does not rely on pulling in money every years as loans or investments or whatever it needs to have 365 days a year income. That was the business model that drove the design of the Ricoh."

Wm65

I don't think sisu will accept and i think the trust between them and acl is non existent - the relationship is dead .
The council whatever their intent should have never got involved in anything football related, sisu i believe are not interested in the football club but the property and therefore with no chance of buying the ricoh i expect them to run the club into the ground.

Both parties should hang their heads in shame - totally pathetic , the pair of them.

blueflint

But please remember who put us into this position in the first place, ACL far too long ago for most of us to remember but the owners reacted to put us into administration before that could happen, if they hadn't ACL
would have totally destroyed the Sky Blues IMHO!

what a load of shit non payment of rent failing to negotiate correctly put us here SISU to blame nobody else end of

italiahorse

Forget SISU and think about the football club for a minute.

The offer on the table now is absolutely a good rent deal and reduces expenditure for the football club which is great, but it doesn't help the football club one jot with income for FFP calculation.

My view is and has always been that the football club adds value to the Ricoh as a business way beyond match days, and should have access . For example the naming rights to the arena will IMHO not have the same income value in future without CCFC.

As PWKH pointed out some time ago "match day revenues are not sufficient to make any real difference to the gap between the other commercial incomes of the Club and the wages. In order to have a self-sufficient club which does not rely on pulling in money every years as loans or investments or whatever it needs to have 365 days a year income. That was the business model that drove the design of the Ricoh."

Take the deal. With a 10 year Sisu plan the F&B will be on back on the table. Their next step would be to buy the Higgs share and hence get into 50% of the Revenue streams.

Don't forget they have had many opportunities to do this (Maybe the full stadium) but have chose not too.

skybluesam66

what a load of shit non payment of rent failing to negotiate correctly put us here SISU to blame nobody else end of

sisu have put us here, but if they had acted responsibility, then any fingers may have been pointed elsewhere.

If they had been honest, discussed the difficulties and tried to do business honourably
Unfortunately - they have NEVER told the truth re ccfc

KeresleySBA

The excuse before this was 'ACL had made it clear there is no deal to be done'. Well now there's a deal to be done, whats the next excuse Fisher...

fernandopartridge

Well, if ACL had put us in admin and not SISU, am I correct in assuming that ACL would have appointed the administrator?. In which case we would be under different ownership. Hardly destroying the club is it. I stand to be corrected.
Would Haskell have offered more than he did to Appleton?

Wm65

The excuse before this was 'ACL had made it clear there is no deal to be done'. Well now there's a deal to be done, whats the next excuse Fisher...

Seems pretty clear sisu want nothing to do with acl - they just cannot trust each other and it is not going to happen.

jesus-wept

SISU are on the spot and as you would expect the now marginalised Fisher comes out with a few bitter statements, not quiet as forthright this time though. They (sisu) have a choice accept a rent that is over a million a year less than it is currently or reject it and the cva doesn't get signed. To outsiders such as the FL and FA who may yet revisit the ground share issue, that won't look good, to Paul Appleton who will be continuing to run the football side of things, he is right on the spot imo. SISU are shatting themselves at going to Sixfields 200 season tickets sold tells it's own story. We will be lucky to get gates of 2000 including away fans and if we get a points deduction and are rock bottom of the league less than a 1000 will be the norm.

CCFC_GT

Take the deal. With a 10 year Sisu plan the F&B will be on back on the table. Their next step would be to buy the Higgs share and hence get into 50% of the Revenue streams.

Don't forget they have had many opportunities to do this (Maybe the full stadium) but have chose not too.

I absolutely agree with you that SISU has had opportunities and not taken them, probably because it didn't fit its nefarious agenda.

However I don't see why or believe that SISU or any other prospective purchaser of the club would enter into a long term deal with only the promise to discuss obtaining more match day revenue including F&B.

As I said a couple of posts ago, the deal now on the table should include the football club being able to buy the 77% of IEC that ACL owns. Match day revenues are simply not enough for the future progress of the football club.

skybluepm2

I can foresee Tim and Joy pissed on the SISU/OTIUM Christmas do, dueting on the Karaoke in a Northampton Social Club....'I did it myyyyy waaaaaaaay' Pricks

Wm65

Acl have pissed about playing games and sisu have called their bluff - now acl are panicking and squirming - they should have made the offer to sisu long ago - now the damage is done and acl as well as sisu must hang their heads in shame.

Users who are viewing this thread