They're laughing at us already (2 Viewers)

Terry_dactyl

Yeah and personally I think we should play the "we have little chance" card. 😂

Robins too. Downplay it and say it's the league we are concentrating on.

Let's give them a false sense of security. 😂

We know that if Man U play well, we are going to get soundly beaten, so let's just let them be supremely confident.

After all, we are just lowly little Coventry Town aren't we.

I predict 7 nil to the reds. 🤪
We’ll be lucky to get nil!

David O'Day

Not sure why people are getting offended by United fans thinking they should beat us. If they play anything like their best they should easily beat us.

It is also not going to be anything like the League Cup game. They will play their best available XI.

We can win but it will take us being great and them being off par which there is a slight chance of happening.

Don't get wound up and enjoy the day. It will be great and you never know.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The best way to look at this is this. It’s a lose lose situation for United

If they win and win comfortably - it’s expected, everyone goes about their business

but if they lose which many people in this country will want to see. They’ll be front and centre as they’re mocked and laughed at all the way to the final

there’s more pressure on United to succeed than any other team

Otis

Not sure why people are getting offended by United fans thinking they should beat us. If they play anything like their best they should easily beat us.

It is also not going to be anything like the League Cup game. They will play their best available XI.

We can win but it will take us being great and them being off par which there is a slight chance of happening.

Don't get wound up and enjoy the day. It will be great and you never know.
Yeah, my stance too.

No expectation, no pressure. Free hit and a nice day out for 10's of thousands of City fans.

Just enjoy the day and if it's 5 nil, it's 5 nil (to them I mean. If we get 5, they will surely score 1)

Otis

Anyway,

I have a song for the final.

It's from when Status Quo used to be quite decent.

Down, Down

"Down, down, Coventry Town
Down, down, Coventry Town

We want all the world to suss
To see Man U laughing, laughing at us
We can take it all from you
Again again again again
Again again again

Down, down, Coventry Town"

It's a winner!!👍

torchomatic

I remember when we played them at Old Trafford in the 4th round in 1987, all the experts wrote us off then
Yes, we were there that day. Used to enjoy our trips to Utd. My first ever away game on my own with mates rather than Dad was OT in 83. Cost £2.50 to get in.

Ashdown

They should be confident, we were when we drew Maidstone. I have no hatred for anyone these days apart from perhaps Leicester. You want to see plastic fans…look at some of the crowd pictures of Stamford Bridge or Tottenham, whole corners full of Oriental tourists toting cameras all game 🙄
Robins will have a plan and in him we trust !

Terry Gibson's perm

No doubt there will be no space in the studio for anybody with a city connection unless it’s I love Man Utd Dublin

Captain_Slackbladder

I hate them as a club more than any other club in the world. When we were 2-1 down to them in 1997 and the United End singing "only come to see United" the unbridled joy of how that game turned out and how we turned the chant around. Entitled pricks the Mancs and all their clueless global followers. Unlikely we will do them, but it would be so so good and I for one would show zero sportsmanship to any of their 'fans'

Brighton Sky Blue

Zero chance, if there are any they will get filled in.

If there is one team left we can get at it’s them, their confidence is fragile and they were lucky yesterday.
Only 6 points better off than Wolves, very inconsistent even within the same game.

We’ll need to be exceptional, they’ll need to be…how they were for half of yesterday.

stupot07

I don't know why people bother going on other teams' forums. I really don't care if they are laughing at us or not.

We are the team they all wanted in the semi, they should beat us 9 times out of 10, and will rightly be going into the game as favourites and confident. We were exactly the same when we had Oxford.

They are miles better on paper and like any game like this, we need to be exceptional and we need ManU to have an off game.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Travs

They may well be "fragile" but tbf they've just beaten and put 4 past Liverpool who we widely accepted we'd have no chance against.

shmmeee

They may well be "fragile" but tbf they've just beaten and put 4 past Liverpool who we widely accepted we'd have no chance against.

Maidstone beat Ipswich. That’s the magic of the cup, these small clubs can have their day against the giants.

Otis

I don't know why people bother going on other teams' forums. I really don't care if they are laughing at us or not.

We are the team they all wanted in the semi, they should beat us 9 times out of 10, and will rightly be going into the game as favourites and confident. We were exactly the same when we had Oxford.

They are miles better on paper and like any game like this, we need to be exceptional and we need ManU to have an off game.

I would normally give that a like and you are usually a pretty decent poster, stupot, but I still can't get over you saying our midfield would get overrun on Saturday.🤪

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm just excited that it will be City v Man Utd (at Wembley)
These are the days that you savour as a fan, plus should help set us up for next season, when trying to recruit (both from a financial and status perspective). Looking forward to the day - going to be an unreal atmosphere (both sets of fans will be loud - just hope we don't go 'flat' as a set of fans if we struggle. Loud and proud please!

Otis

We will win 2-0. I’m more confident for this than the wolves game.
GIF by Originals

Terry_dactyl

I'm just excited that it will be City v Man Utd (at Wembley)
These are the days that you savour as a fan, plus should help set us up for next season, when trying to recruit (both from a financial and status perspective). Looking forward to the day - going to be an unreal atmosphere (both sets of fans will be loud - just hope we don't go 'flat' as a set of fans if we struggle. Loud and proud please!
Yep. It’s the occasion to enjoy, anything else is a bonus.
As I thought after the playoff final, ‘I’d rather see us lose at Wembley, than lose at Forest Green Rovers’.

Of course, if we win…

MikeyMoo

Wolves 12 wins 5 draws, ManU 15 wins 2 draws. 6 more points this season. It's like saying Norwich are so much better than Watford. Sure, but not so it really matters. Chelsea 11 wins 6 draws, same deal really. From our persepctive it's all much of a muchness compared to Man City, who are a class above (as Liverpool or Arsenal). ManU forum is honest on two fronts - Man City Vs Coventry isn't a fixture any neutral would want; and a Manchester Derby FA Cup Final repeat of 2023 isn't a game anyone wants to watch either. Especially as even Man Utd fans know what the result would be. Everyone outside of Man City fans will be hoping for a Chelsea win...

Ashdown

And maybe an early sending off 🙏

Users who are viewing this thread