"They offered me quite a good deal but there was something I felt wasn't quite right" (1 Viewer)

dojer

I personally don't think we tried to sign this guy. Even though the quotes sound like a club similar to our situation, you have to consider that he's a right-back and we've got so many at the club at the moment. If we really did try to sign him then you have to question the sanity of Thorn and Waggott, not much money to spend so buy players in a position where we have considerable cover. There are thing to worry about with this club, these quotes don't link us to him, so worry about something else.

FFS torch, you poo poo every post with "no proof but lets all keep moaning"
There is proof and he gave you a link to it in his OP.

I have never met someone so dismissive of everything people have to say.

Get your head out the sand and read what people have to say, especially like in this instance he provides proof before you put one of your put downs. The BBC site is one of the best sites for real actual news. You really don't know it all, you know

The Rev

To be fair to Torchy, I like his optimism, but it does reach a stage when blindly 'looking on the bright side' crosses the line and becomes foolhardy, and rather embarrassing....and this applies to several post-ers, not just Torchy. (before I am accused of another 'Torchy-bash')

stupot07

Get your head out the sand and read what people have to say, especially like in this instance he provides proof before you put one of your put downs. The BBC site is one of the best sites for real actual news. You really don't know it all, you know

The Rev

But there's no proof that it was us that offered him a contract just a league one club according to the interview on NBC. However the Hampshire press state that it was Graham Westley's PNE who had been interested: -

CAPTAIN Ben Herd finally brought an end to speculation about his future by signing a new one-year deal at Aldershot Town on Thursday* June 28 - and then thanked manager Dean Holdsworth for pestering him.

The 27-year-old admits he had been tempted with a move away from the EBB Stadium this summer amid interest from Graham Westley's League One club Preston North End, and two other League Two rivals.

From - http://www.gethampshire.co.uk/sport/aldershottownfc/s/2116100_herd_holdsworths_project_persuaded_me_to_sign

Like I said in an earlier post - he's a right back and we currently have 4 players who can play there. It wasn't us let's move on.

CUS Wyken

But there's no proof that it was us that offered him a contract just a league one club according to the interview on NBC. However the Hampshire press state that it was Graham Westley's PNE who had been interested: -

CAPTAIN Ben Herd finally brought an end to speculation about his future by signing a new one-year deal at Aldershot Town on Thursday* June 28 - and then thanked manager Dean Holdsworth for pestering him.

The 27-year-old admits he had been tempted with a move away from the EBB Stadium this summer amid interest from Graham Westley's League One club Preston North End, and two other League Two rivals.

From - http://www.gethampshire.co.uk/sport/aldershottownfc/s/2116100_herd_holdsworths_project_persuaded_me_to_sign

Like I said in an earlier post - he's a right back and we currently have 4 players who can play there. It wasn't us let's move on.

A week ago a poster put this up

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/17769-New-signing

Week later the said player declined a L1 club.

Good enough for me

Grendel

A week ago a poster put this up

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/17769-New-signing

Week later the said player declined a L1 club.

Good enough for me

Its pretty certain that it's us. Also it seems his two other big targets went to Swindon. Di Canneo would have won that race whatever the finances of the club. He will sell his vision and strategy with passion thorn will just say "come on join us we've got a great bunch of lads".

stupot07

I really don't think it was us, he's a right back and we have 4 right backs plus PNE are named as the League One club who were interested.

I'm happy to be proved wrong if there's a story in the CT next week confirming it was us but at this minute it's pure speculation with absolutely no proof.

stupot07

Its pretty certain that it's us. Also it seems his two other big targets went to Swindon. Di Canneo would have won that race whatever the finances of the club. He will sell his vision and strategy with passion thorn will just say "come on join us we've got a great bunch of lads".

To be fair Duffy - he's other big two targets went to Swindon while we were still under the embargo, so has got nothing to do with the way Thorn did or didn't sell the club or his vision. Or have you conveniently forgotten that we've spent 3 months under a transfer embargo?

torchomatic

Listen, I know I'm annoying and I tend to disagree with everyone on here. I don't disagree with everyone because I think I'm right. I don't and to be honest I seldom am. I tend to diagree with people on here, because guess what? I disagree with them. No matter what a shitty situation this club is in, I get sick and tired of the same people posting the same made-up stuff.

However, despite you saying that the OP posted proof. He didn't. There is no mention of us on the BBC link. None at all, so really that isn't proof, is it? If it said CCFC then I would hold my hand up and say "yes, I made a twat of myself again", but all he did was post the link and suggest it was us.

I was saying there was no proof and it seemed just another stick to beat the club with. Read the article and please quote the bit where it says it was Coventry City.

The Rev

Nonleagueherewecome

"They offered me a contract, but I got the impression that there is something rotten in the state of Coventry"

The Reverend Skyblue

Listen, I know I'm annoying and I tend to disagree with everyone on here. I don't disagree with everyone because I think I'm right. I don't and to be honest I seldom am. I tend to diagree with people on here, because guess what? I disagree with them. No matter what a shitty situation this club is in, I get sick and tired of the same people posting the same made-up stuff.

However, despite you saying that the OP posted proof. He didn't. There is no mention of us on the BBC link. None at all, so really that isn't proof, is it? If it said CCFC then I would hold my hand up and say "yes, I made a twat of myself again", but all he did was post the link and suggest it was us.

I was saying there was no proof and it seemed just another stick to beat the club with. Read the article and please quote the bit where it says it was Coventry City.

Well torchy ,i re-read the Op link and fuck me it does'nt say Cov at all. So i apologise for that and i'll go down specsavers first thing Monday.
But i still stand by that you do put people down with one-liners quite a bit.
Anyway i admire your honesty in your reply. i'm very prone to getting things wrong and i disagree with some people on here, but i do try to understand there point of view.
Once again I'm sorry i got the OP's link wrong .

The Rev

Users who are viewing this thread