"They offered me quite a good deal but there was something I felt wasn't quite right" (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18643087

Aldershot Town defender Ben Herd says he turned down an offer from a League One side to re-sign for the club.

He agreed a new one-year contract with the Shots earlier this week.

The 27-year-old told BBC Surrey: "They [League One club] offered me quite a good deal but there was something I felt wasn't quite right about it.

"I had other offers from big teams in League Two but fundamentally there was something bringing me back to Aldershot all the time."

He continued: "If a League One club comes and knows on your door, you owe it to yourself to go and speak to them."

Us? :thinking about:

torchomatic

No proof, but might as well moan about missing out on him. Nothing else to do.

Grendel

He probably met thorn. Seriously is anyone going to be impressed by that clown. He can't string 2 words together.

Sky Blues

If you were not a supporter of the club, just a prospective employee, and you were offered a job at Cov would you take it if you already had work elsewhere? "something I felt wasn't quite right about it" like, maybe, there's no guarantee I'd still have employment with the club by Christmas because there's no guarantees the club will still exist by then?

Grendel

If you were not a supporter of the club, just a prospective employee, and you were offered a job at Cov would you take it if you already had work elsewhere? "something I felt wasn't quite right about it" like, maybe, there's no guarantee I'd still have employment with the club by Christmas because there's no guarantees the club will still exist by then?

That's the same at a lot of clubs and even if the club went into administration it would not alter the players contracts - look at Portsmouth.

ccfcway

all we know is that he was scouted by thorn as he went to see him at wembley a couple of years ago...

Oh, and he's out of contract

Oh, and we need to replace Craine, and poss Keogh

oh, and he was speaking at a League One club

Oh, and something wasnt right

Narrows it down to us and pompy, and im not sure if pompy scouted him, nor were interested

torchomatic

2+2=5. . .

ccfcway

and if you want real specifics, when walking around, he made a quote about the olympics being the 1st seel out of the rioch !

torchomatic

Says who? And why didn't you mention that in your first post. Just thought of it eh?
oh, and he was shown around the ricoh

ccfcway

no, all i know is he was shown around and a couple of the comment he said...

its pure rumour in terms of the "issues", but i believe one or two of them who have been shown around are somewhat confused with win bonuses and how part of the wages are paid into accounts

ccfcway

Says who? And why didn't you mention that in your first post. Just thought of it eh?

dont know why i bother, just ignore me then and stop moaning about it

give me a shout when you want to hear about Stuart Bevon being offered terms

@richh87

That's the same at a lot of clubs and even if the club went into administration it would not alter the players contracts - look at Portsmouth.

Yeah - 9 out of 10 clubs were under self imposed transfer embargoes last season because their owners couldn't decide whether to fund them...

...Oh no hang on that's bollocks.

Grendel

Yeah - 9 out of 10 clubs were under self imposed transfer embargoes last season because their owners couldn't decide whether to fund them...

...Oh no hang on that's bollocks.

At least they are funding them unlike the clown with the binoculars - saw him today wearing a pair of peach shorts - very fetching. Whose the other guy in your photo?

@richh87

At least they are funding them unlike the clown with the binoculars - saw him today wearing a pair of peach shorts - very fetching. Whose the other guy in your photo?

I'd rather SISU would piss off. There are always people willing to take a club of our size on - never known it to not happen. Who knows, we might even find someone who LIKES FOOTBALL :eek:

Grendel

Yes, come on, how could it be us....we are in great shape, and attractive for any perspective new signing....as witnessed by the influx seen to date....:facepalm:

Clearly thorn isn't putting the vision or the strategy across well enough.

Clearly thorn isn't putting the vision or the strategy across well enough.

He could blind them with his tactical nous and his Entry Level FA Certificate.

Reagrdless of what anyone thinks of him there is no doubt that his persona and image in the media/after games leaves a lot to be desired.

He is rather embarrassing with his comments and how he says them...surely everyone can see that????????:(

Grendel

Reagrdless of what anyone thinks of him there is no doubt that his persona and image in the media/after games leaves a lot to be desired.

He is rather embarrassing with his comments and how he says them...surely everyone can see that????????:(

Come on Stuart linnel think he's good enough. Isn't that all the reassurance we need?

Astute

It was us that tried to sign him. I posted on here last week we were after him.

JulianDarbyFTW

If it was us the he's either very loyal or a fool. Despite the negativity on here we ARE a big club. Huge in terms of lower league football. Aldershot v CCFC? No contest in our favour.

grego_gee

Yes, but would we win?...
Still we can always call out Ogie, Carsley, Shawsie and Thorn. that's 4 at least
with Tim Fisher and Waggot we've got half a team!....

... now I can see the strategy!
:pimp:

The Reverend Skyblue

No proof, but might as well moan about missing out on him. Nothing else to do.

FFS torch, you poo poo every post with "no proof but lets all keep moaning"
There is proof and he gave you a link to it in his OP.

I have never met someone so dismissive of everything people have to say.

Get your head out the sand and read what people have to say, especially like in this instance he provides proof before you put one of your put downs. The BBC site is one of the best sites for real actual news. You really don't know it all, you know

The Rev

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

If it was us the he's either very loyal or a fool. Despite the negativity on here we ARE a big club. Huge in terms of lower league football. Aldershot v CCFC? No contest in our favour.
But we also thought that with Northampton vs Coventry :(

2nd player to choose a league 2 club over us

Brighton Sky Blue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTfGdIXcbpQ I can't believe I've not seen this before or it hasn't been posted. Hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread