They need a rocket up their arses (1 Viewer)

procdoc

Thread title says it all. Start fucking performing. Robins needs to stop playing mister nice guy. They are playing like weak minded pussies. Need to stop this tika taka shit as well, it’s boring as fuck. And Palmer needs bombing out first chance we get, waste of a shirt. I’m genuinely regretting my season ticket purchase. Sold Hamer with no plan B on replacing him. Absolutely horrendous business as had three weeks to get someone in but spunked our wad on Kitching instead.

Benidorm is class by the way, fucking wankered every night

Sky Blue Harry H

Thread title says it all. Start fucking performing. Robins needs to stop playing mister nice guy. They are playing like weak minded pussies. Need to stop this tika taka shit as well, it’s boring as fuck. And Palmer needs bombing out first chance we get, waste of a shirt. I’m genuinely regretting my season ticket purchase. Sold Hamer with no plan B on replacing him. Absolutely horrendous business as had three weeks to get someone in but spunked our wad on Kitching instead.

Benidorm is class by the way, fucking wankered every night

I agree.......................... Benidorm is class and DK should have used some of the budget to buy him.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

What a weird post…

Works every time. Dogs cower, cats scatter and elephants remember.

Maybe Robins is the right man to measure how his squad is best motivated.
I agree with you Robins is the man to do it but what I have seen so far much as much I like him he's not earning his crust.One thing that bothers me is his dislike to change things untill it's too late.You see players who have ran of of steam and clearly need changing but nothing happens untill the opposition score.The Cardiff game the team seemed set up all wrong but he was reluctant to change things.I've made a mistake but don't want to admit it.

shmmeee

Let’s have some perspective here. It always takes us a while to get playing how we want when there’s a big change.

Yes some of the signings look like they won a raffle, yes we inexplicably refused to strengthen at GK and CM despite having money, but on the general football side it’s worth some time.

Warwickhunt

7 matches in and we dont have any resemblence of a team gelling as MR calls it, its alright saying we will see where we are after the first 10 games! but i cannot honestly say that we will be better after 3 more?

Jamesimus

Disagree.
Ayari has created the same amount of chances & big chances as Palmer, same number of key passes, has vastly more accurate passes & a higher pass success % in a fraction of the minutes Palmer has played. We need to find a way to get him involved & bring the best out of him.

I think Ayari will be in the first 11 for a while once he's fully match fit. I think he should play further back alongside Kelly/Sheaf when available.

Evo1883

Let’s have some perspective here. It always takes us a while to get playing how we want when there’s a big change.

Yes some of the signings look like they won a raffle, yes we inexplicably refused to strengthen at GK and CM despite having money, but on the general football side it’s worth some time.
I think we can't really judge Collins, wilsons playing on last season atm and I'd imagine his time is almost up , Robins got Collins for a reason

Frostie

I think Ayari will be in the first 11 for a while once he's fully match fit. I think he should play further back alongside Kelly/Sheaf when available.
Yeah. Palmer is offering too little to warrant his place in the 10 at the moment & we're really struggling to link with the strikers.
Eccles is fine but really needs some energy & creativity alongside him. If they're ready I'd like to see a midfield 3 of Eccles, Allen & Ayari on Monday.

Sbarcher

7 matches in and we dont have any resemblence of a team gelling as MR calls it, its alright saying we will see where we are after the first 10 games! but i cannot honestly say that we will be better after 3 more?
This gelling shit makes my piss boil. Hasn't every other club got to "gel" their new players into their playing style? We must be extremely slow gellers.

Briles

Disagree.
Ayari has created the same amount of chances & big chances as Palmer, same number of key passes, has vastly more accurate passes & a higher pass success % in a fraction of the minutes Palmer has played. We need to find a way to get him involved & bring the best out of him.

You got the stats for that? I'd like a read

dadgad

Ayari needs game time and to up his decision making. On Tuesday he chose to shoot from distance when a slipped pass t Godden was obviously the better option.

Sky Blue Harry H

Ayari needs game time and to up his decision making. On Tuesday he chose to shoot from distance when a slipped pass t Godden was obviously the better option.
In real time you could see why he took it on. If you watch it in back, there was a lovely inside forward pass on to slip Palmer in too. That's where a Messi sees everything, but lesser mortals don't.

Brighton Sky Blue

I dunno, it seemed obvious to my grandma and Godden was furious.
To be fair he was probably just bored stiff from having sat on the bench watching us refuse to shoot or do anything vaguely threatening. He must be wondering what on Earth he's walked into here

blunted

Don't think any of our players didn't give 100% at Cardiff. One or two off form, some schoolboy defending and injuries at the wrong time. We were all over them at the end but ran out of time. Rockets up the arse? Might have worked in the 70s or 80s. Different times now. MR has the respect of the players but they are letting him down. Hairdryers and bollockings are not the answer these days. The players need to train and improve in an atmosphere that is conducive to improvement, not some old school fear that will not work with highly paid millionaires. The coaching staff know what they are doing. It's a cliche, but once the players step over the line, all plans can go out of the window. It's not always about formations, sometimes it's stupid mistakes and bad luck. MR and the coaching staff have always improved every team we have put out. No reason to think that won't happen this season, but I accept they have a real task on their hands, perhaps the most difficult one they have encountered.

Brighton Sky Blue

Don't think any of our players didn't give 100% at Cardiff. One or two off form, some schoolboy defending and injuries at the wrong time. We were all over them at the end but ran out of time. Rockets up the arse? Might have worked in the 70s or 80s. Different times now. MR has the respect of the players but they are letting him down. Hairdryers and bollockings are not the answer these days. The players need to train and improve in an atmosphere that is conducive to improvement, not some old school fear that will not work with highly paid millionaires. The coaching staff know what they are doing. It's a cliche, but once the players step over the line, all plans can go out of the window. It's not always about formations, sometimes it's stupid mistakes and bad luck. MR and the coaching staff have always improved every team we have put out. No reason to think that won't happen this season, but I accept they have a real task on their hands, perhaps the most difficult one they have encountered.
Robins has said he wants them to play at a higher tempo and be adventurous with the ball.

Godden who is one of his most senior players has said the aim is to play a possession based game. Who is wrong?

Frostie

Robins has said he wants them to play at a higher tempo and be adventurous with the ball.

Godden who is one of his most senior players has said the aim is to play a possession based game. Who is wrong?
There's no contradiction there? MR wants us to play possession football but with tempo obviously.

The whole point of moving the ball is to move the opposition about & create space. Slow, pedestrian, side to side passes doesn't do it as the defence has time to get set but doing it at pace, creating different angles of attack & making overloads in different areas does.

The issue at the moment is the Eccles/Kelly partnership lacks creativity, both are more the type to just keep it ticking over & Palmer & the strikers aren't offering enough off the ball.

Brighton Sky Blue

There's no contradiction there? MR wants us to play possession football but with tempo obviously.

The whole point of moving the ball is to move the opposition about & create space. Slow, pedestrian, side to side passes doesn't do it as the defence has time to get set but doing it at pace, creating different angles of attack & making overloads in different areas does.

The issue at the moment is the Eccles/Kelly partnership lacks creativity, both are more the type to just keep it ticking over & Palmer & the strikers aren't offering enough off the ball.
Hmmmm. Still not convinced to be honest though I do respect your opinion.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So the plan is to pass it from side to side, but more quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread