there must be a reason... (1 Viewer)

skybluejack10

this has gone on for too long now. we have a championship standard team in league 1 and despite playing yeovil, bury, stevenage, crewe and tranmere (also sheff utd but they're decent) and still no win!

we won in pre season and looked quality first half against bury and against birmingham. a change of management is not going to change this. It's a mindset thing and i just don't see what's happening!

do we think we're too good? have there been fallouts within the squad? Have we literally been jinxed as a club? before this match i didn't expect us to win and how can that be!? we're in league 1 now, we should go into every single match expecting to win but were not and again it's same old coventry.

we're a joke and somethings got to happen to sort us out but i don't know what :(

there's always more to a story than is being let on and in our case, something must be happening. but what???

stupot07

this has gone on for too long now. we have a championship standard team in league 1 and despite playing yeovil, bury, stevenage, crewe and tranmere (also sheff utd but they're decent) and still no win!

we won in pre season and looked quality first half against bury and against birmingham. a change of management is not going to change this. It's a mindset thing and i just don't see what's happening!

do we think we're too good? have there been fallouts within the squad? Have we literally been jinxed as a club? before this match i didn't expect us to win and how can that be!? we're in league 1 now, we should go into every single match expecting to win but were not and again it's same old coventry.

we're a joke and somethings got to happen to sort us out but i don't know what :(

there's always more to a story than is being let on and in our case, something must be happening. but what???

No we don't

Glen

What a great thread I agree only thing is to dock money for the shit we see on the pitch tell them try are not getting paid till play well and them fuck them all off in jan and start again

WillenhallSkyBlues

two simple reasons really
- were relying on cody mcdonald to be our leading tallysman when the bloke is a) not a proven goalscorer and b) cant score anyway.
and
- the fact we play chris 'i cant clear first man with my crosses or make simple ten yard passes' hussey every week

JulianDarbyFTW

I think it's difficult to judge on this point. Some players may - and I do say may - be Championship quality in their own right, but they do not function as a team at this level. I actually think our style of football would be more suited and successful in the Championship. By that I mean we'd still lose but not as badly.

skybluejack10

mcdonald didnt even start! elliot is too much like o donovan. not a goalscorer. ball is fat. barton drifts. baker is trash. kilbane is just woeful. hussey is embarrassing! clarke is worse than hussey IMO
that's the problem. they have the potential to be okay championship standard but completely underperforming
just been thinking it through and the clear reason for the lack of performances is: DOCKED WAGES. End of. Ever since the players had that meeting over their wages, they've not been right. simple as.

WillenhallSkyBlues

who said mcdonald had to play today for my comment to be correct? i recall i said were relying on him to be our leading tallysman this season, everyone said all pre season hes going to bang them in, what is it 2 in 8? top striker he is!, considering you were all saying last season "cody mcdonald scored loads for gillingham so hell be league 1 standard" gillingham are a pants team and cody mcdonald is a pants player!

Sky Blues

who said mcdonald had to play today for my comment to be correct? i recall i said were relying on him to be our leading tallysman this season, everyone said all pre season hes going to bang them in, what is it 2 in 8? top striker he is!, considering you were all saying last season "cody mcdonald scored loads for gillingham so hell be league 1 standard" gillingham are a pants team and cody mcdonald is a pants player!

2 in 8 makes him our joint top scorer...

stupot07

yes but the OP still has a point even if his description of the squad is not accurate

Yes it did, and I agree with a lot of it,but tbh was put off with the opening gambit about us being a championship standard squad in league one. It's funny really lots of posts last season stating that our players were league one players that the only three that weren't were Keogh, Cranie and Juke - they are now playing in the championship and the rest of still here. And further in the OP it asks the question "do they think they are too good?" after stating that they are a champ standard squad.

I'm fecking livid with them, for the, to be shite for both Thorn and Shaw tells me that they are spineless and don't have any pride.

Users who are viewing this thread