Theoretically (1 Viewer)

cyril

Yes. But that will happen twice. When it's our "home" game
We pay all the stewarding cost etc like we would at home

I can't see where your argument lies

It's still a crazy idea true

gally9

As crazy as this idea is the funniest part is the idea we would take 5800 away to Stevenage.....

ajsccfc

I'm more than happy to discuss but youve yet to come up with a real viable reason as to why not

There's no need to, as there's no viable reason why it would happen. How many teams have no home fixtures and play as some kind of touring sideshow? We're Coventry City, not the Harlem Globetrotters.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
with our away record ?:facepalm: you want us to play all our games away ?

on a practical note ......
we cant just walk away from the lease and other liabilities at the Ricoh, so those costs would continue
we would rent the other stadium .... adding to costs
we would not have rights to other income at other ground
we would starve the club of income .......... increase losses...... instigate player sales ....etc
alienate a whole load of fans that currently go to home games .....

etc etc ..........

not sure how it improves things to be honest

skyblueinBaku

with our away record ?:facepalm: you want us to play all our games away ?

on a practical note ......
we cant just walk away from the lease and other liabilities at the Ricoh, so those costs would continue
we would rent the other stadium .... adding to costs
we would not have rights to other income at other ground
we would starve the club of income .......... increase losses...... instigate player sales ....etc
alienate a whole load of fans that currently go to home games .....

etc etc ..........

not sure how it improves things to be honest

You're just nitpicking, OSB! :D

SkyBlue_Bear83

Didn't we do that when the ricoh wasn't ready? Albeit briefly
No not as you are describing, we had our home fixture rearranged and played the away fixture instead at that time.

We didn't just play our home fixture away and take all the incomings from that fixture for our own from the other club

I was chatting to a mate who's part of the stadium setup at Bath City FC and they have looked at hosting other teams for a flat fee of £5000 a game. They have a capacity of nearly 9000. I think there is some sense in this, I mean we don't need even 10000 capacity under a transitional re-think as most fans wont travel anyway.
So I'm not talking Bath Spa but a local conference ground should be looked at.

Regarding walking away from the lease, I think withholding rent pretty much shows SISU will stick two fingers up if they think they are in in the right anyway.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Regarding walking away from the lease, I think withholding rent pretty much shows SISU will stick two fingers up if they think they are in in the right anyway.

Doesnt make the debt go away though does it .......... and if ccfc were playing elsewhere then much more likely there would be a petition to wind up...... a non league ground might well be very appropriate then if we are lucky

Last edited:

SkyBlueScottie

How would we all feel if we said bollox to ACL and played all our games away?
Season tickets refunded or exchanged for away tickets
Ridiculous I know, but it might spark something

The only spark required is the electrical one through your brain as you start on a course of Electric shock therapy.....

charlievictor

Forgive me but why not? Imagine the other way round a club came to play us at ours as their home game we would bite their hands off at that deal. Especially if they make money on food etc ( we don't so no difference there)
They'd much prefer to play us at " home" I'm sure

I'm struggling to work out whether this is sarcasm.

ClarrieB

This is why this forum needs the Thorn debate.

Oh god, I wondered how long it would take before the thread descended into some <insert bored/tedious/pointless type adjective of your choice here> post about Thorn. We just do not know if he is good because of Sisu

ClarrieB

I'm struggling to work out whether this is sarcasm.

It's not - and I'm wondering how they don't make money on food at the prices they charge I'd think it was a key income source - mind you it is Sisu so they probably say they chips alone are losing £100k a month

psgm1

Banned
You could always take the compromise approach as per Jan from Sky Blues Trust.

Why don't we play half our games at home -but with no away fans,and half away but with no home fans.

That we we alienate BOTH sides, achieve nothing, but make a name for ourselves in the meantime!

smileycov

Facebook User
It's not - and I'm wondering how they don't make money on food at the prices they charge I'd think it was a key income source - mind you it is Sisu so they probably say they chips alone are losing £100k a month

Because ACL get all match day food profits i believe.....nothing to do with what price they are.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The profit is split between ACL and Compass ...... in what proportion i wouldnt know, i would suspect it is more in Compass favour

Grendel

The profit is split between ACL and Compass ...... in what proportion i wouldnt know, i would suspect it is more in Compass favour

Didnt ranson say he had agreed a better deal with the caterers or did I imagine that?

Users who are viewing this thread