The worst midfield players ever... (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Who are the worst midfield players we had the club or have at the club?

Leigh Jenkinson for starters

LastGarrison

Keith O'Neill
Laurent Delorge
Runnar Norman
Isias - although I remember his first contribution in a City shirt was to put a munching two footed tackle after he had come on as a sub. Don't remember much else about him though.
David Smith

Skybluefaz

Marsh wasn't that bad. Sandy Robertson was awful. David Pipe was shite as well, Steven Hughes had some of the worst games I've ever seen a sky blue turn in.

fanta80

Keith O'Neill
Laurent Delorge
Runnar Norman
Isias - although I remember his first contribution in a City shirt was to put a munching two footed tackle after he had come on as a sub. Don't remember much else about him though.
David Smith

Isaias the first brazilian to score at the riverside stadium, much to the annoyance of boro fans! Admittedly did sod all else though. Ill throw Kevin Richardson and Detzi Kruzynski in too.

Isaias made his debut at home to Man City in Big Ron's first game and absolutely ran the show, if memory serves. I thought he was good as a little cameo in our history. I also didn't think Mike Marsh was too bad a player. I would suggest Julian Darby and Paul Cook to be two fairly woeful midfielders in recent memory.

ccfcrob

Keith O Neill by far i remember him coming on as sub at HR and lasting about 10 minutes, we never seen him again. Some other good shouts on here Engonga, Sherwood, Kevin (Mr Backwards) Richardson, John (Useless) Eustace so on

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Keith O'Neil
Tim Sherwood
Michael Doyle (never turned out to be the player we first signed)
Stephen Hughes (got far too much playing time alongside the above imo.)
Ritchie Partidge (sorry to the person who had him in best team since 2000. One trick pony who got figured out far too easily. And WTF was that running about with his hands in a right weird position lol)

Pretty sure theres more lol

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Lee Fowler (during the McAllister nadir)
Gavin Strachan (even his old man didn't rate him)
Dean Emerson
Sandy Robertson
Keith O'Neil (awful, just awful)
Julian Darby (Phil Neal's poster boy)
Michael McIndoe
David Pipe (the racehorse trainer of the same name would have been better)

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Again David Rennie was quality. Who can forget his crucial role in the famous nine man draw against Wimbledon in c.1995? Didn't Rennie play against us in the 1987 Semi for Leeds?

Adam Jones

Keith O'Neil
Tim Sherwood
Michael Doyle (never turned out to be the player we first signed)
Stephen Hughes (got far too much playing time alongside the above imo.)
Ritchie Partidge (sorry to the person who had him in best team since 2000. One trick pony who got figured out far too easily. And WTF was that running about with his hands in a right weird position lol)

Pretty sure theres more lol

Partridge was alright! I remember him scoring an absolute screamer from 30 yards or more against Norwich, and he contributed pretty well in his time with us. He gave us more incision than any of our other wide players that season, that's for sure. The reason we didn't sign him permanently was because Liverpool wanted to keep him to see if he could break into the first time. He can't have been that bad, can he?! Admittedly, his career's been a little of a non-event since he was released after the following season, but I think he had talent. Stephen Hughes, however... Very poor. Tim Sherwood is a serious contender for the worst signing since we were relegated.

CCFC123

Kevin McDonald. Seen him play the worst performance from a footballer against Sheff Wednesday in the league cup quarter final at Highfield Road. Utter disgrace.

Steve Jacobs was utter pathetic as well back in the early 80's.

georgehudson

the worst midfield player ever...

Wow, yeah detzi krusinski, or hjowever it was spelt, was at Wycombe to watch the most abject midfield performance ever, we nicknamed him, 'Shi*ski'

wingy

Chris burchall . Who was that scottish player who was on loan with us , came on as a sub against leeds or black burn and nobbled David Batty,think he broke his leg,anyway he was out for ages .served him right ,he'd been battering our lads all through the game, sweet, the guy knew he was going back to scotland after that game:claping hands:

Disorganised1

No 1 ~ Keith O'Neill

No. 2 Steve Sherwood

No 3. Peter Bodak

Steven Hughes was a quality midfielder, he didn't have the players around him though - would have been great with a decent winger.

operationprem

Do you mean Juan Sara?? The one who said jesus was with him?? Not sure if it was forest he scored against but only one i can think of related to jesus!
Yeah your right I think when he scored he had an I love Jesus tshirt underneith it was sara

SkyBlueScottie

Keith O'Neill
Laurent Delorge
Runnar Norman
David Smith

Isias made his debut against Man City, ran the game and had a right dig on him, played well against Chelsea, made his crucnching 2 footed tackle on Vinnie Jones best thing ever, then I feel Strachan failed to manage him correctly.

For me, Sean Flynn, we were a prem team and he should never have been playing at that level.

torchomatic

Willie Boland. David Smith was piss poor too. Biggest disappointment was Peter Barnes who had been brilliant for Man City. I do remember him scoring from a corner though.

Colonel Mustard

One of the biggest hype-to-disappointment midfielders has to be John Salako. He obviously wasn't in the Leigh "Trick" Jenkinson category, but everybody thought he'd do far, far more for the club than he actually did.

Sandy Robertson...I think there was a dodgy rumour going around that CCFC intended to get another Robertson (John?), but mistakenly ended up with Sandy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread