The worst gig you have ever been to... (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

Saw Russell Brand with a few friends for one lads birthday a few years ago. Absolutely awful. Not funny at all. All he went on about was asking women to meet him back stage, and the whole incident with the Faulty Towers grandaughter.
Tbh, of the chances I have given him on TV...he has not been funny beyond 2% of stuff he delivers. I think most of that he was trying to be serious on QT too!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Flying Fokker

Comedian....Paul Merton at Warwick Arts,Centre.

Something to do with his mental health. Didn’t expect complete rubbish. A good few of the audience left.

bringbackrattles

Change thread a bit to best gig been to ? Seen big bands in big arenas,but best/favourite concert was Big Country at the Hummingbird Club in Brum. Small venue but great atmosphere, and Big Country were brilliant with Adamson on top form, and showing no signs that he had problems. And saw The Mission there too and that was good also. Sadly the club is no more.

clint van damme

Change thread a bit to best gig been to ? Seen big bands in big arenas,but best/favourite concert was Big Country at the Hummingbird Club in Brum. Small venue but great atmosphere, and Big Country were brilliant with Adamson on top form, and showing no signs that he had problems. And saw The Mission there too and that was good also. Sadly the club is no more.

great venue. I saw hundreds of bands there if you include when it was the Academy and then 02 Academy.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Kings of Leon, Libertines, Kaiser chiefs were some of the big names, (Chilli peppers were awful!).
Flaming lips & Super Furry animals were among the best.

eastwoodsdustman

It was one of my favourites too. One of the best gigs I saw was there. Dinosaur jr in about 1992 or 93. Sweat and condensation was dripping down the walls it was so hot.

Otis

great venue. I saw hundreds of bands there if you include when it was the Academy and then 02 Academy.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Kings of Leon, Libertines, Kaiser chiefs were some of the big names, (Chilli peppers were awful!).
Flaming lips & Super Furry animals were among the best.
I took my missus to a Flaming Lips concert and they had a screen behind the band and very early on in the set they had a topless woman running across the beach on the screen and my wife immediately wanted to go home. Spoilt the whole concert for her.

I kid you not.

clint van damme

I took my missus to a Flaming Lips concert and they had a screen behind the band and very early on in the set they had a topless woman running across the beach on the screen and my wife immediately wanted to go home. Spoilt the whole concert for her.

I kid you not.

you've got your work cut out mate!

rondog1973

Back to worst gigs.

Dubstar at the Planet (formerly the eclipse) 1997.

The band clearly didn't want to be there which was understandable as there was only about 30 people there and the singers microphone was playing up. Passionless to say the least.

Also although not a bad gig felt a bit shortchanged paying the best part of 40 quid to see the B-52's perform 9 songs at the O2 in Birmingham a few years ago.

NorthernWisdom

Worst Gig?

No idea if Grendel will have sympathy or not ;) but anyway, Steve Hogarth (current Marillion singer!) and his solo band at Camden Lock. No support band, doors opened 7:00, sweltering hot evening inside and out, near dead by the time he turned up at 9:30 with no apology (although the sauna was good for my waistline). Someone said 'about bloody time' he said we should be grateful he was there at all. Someone started cheering in one of the first songs he stopped, put his hand up, said he wasn't going to have the mood spoiled by such things.

Utter pretentious cock.

And the music was shit too.

Shame really, because despite it all, I kind of liked post-Fish Marillion.

Last edited:

Gazolba

I don't know if this counts, but I queued up for about four hours in a humongous line that snaked all around the city centre to get tickets for a Simon and Garfunkel concert in Birmingham.
The date came and it was cancelled because one of them was sick. Had to queue up again to get refunds and I never did get to see them perform live - ever.
This was in the sixties when they were at their absolute peak. The biggest regret of my concert-going days.

bringbackrattles

Thought I'd dislike the Levellers for some reason but went with a group of their fans from the pub just for a night out at Warwick Uni.They were great and they have a great rapport with the crowd. Don't know if they're still going though ?

clint van damme

Thought I'd dislike the Levellers for some reason but went with a group of their fans from the pub just for a night out at Warwick Uni.They were great and they have a great rapport with the crowd. Don't know if they're still going though ?

think they're still going. They have their own festival in Devon, Beautiful days. Went couple of times years ago, enjoyed it.

Users who are viewing this thread