The windmill in soon street (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Cracking pub.
Took the good lady out to see a show at the Belgrade last night,then tried to go to the turmeric gold restaurant.Sadly they wouldn't serve us as they were closing at 10.30
So we went in there for a couple of drinks. Friendly staff, good choice of beers, open fires. Brilliant place.

Although I do think they could invest in the old allied carpets building into a decent bar/ restaurant

Last edited:

Otis

Cracking pub.
Took the good lady out to see a show at the Belgrade last night,then tried to go to the turmeric gold restaurant.Sadly they wouldn't serve us as they were closing at 10.30
So we went in there for a couple of drinks. Friendly staff, good choice of beers, open fires. Brilliant place.

Although I do think they could invest in the old allied carpets building into a decent bar/ restaurant
Too late Daz!! It's going to be student accommodation. The council has gone student barmy lately!

The Allied Carpets, the old Bishop St sorting office and now they are scrapping the car park opposite the swimming baths and turning that into student accommodation too.

Sky_Blue_Daz

It's annoying that you can't get a decent meal after 10pm though unless you want a curry though.
True about the student accommodation though, my parents old pubs been turned into housing, Thinking about it the silver sword could be a goldmine

olderskyblue

Cracking pub.

I was at the Belgrade last night too, Rod Stewart tribute act. (Missus is a big fan) Must admit, I was surprised at how good they guy was.

Captain Dart

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Went to Turmeric Gold a few months ago. It's great, but initially they offered us these odd seats that are more like little sunken benches. I would have thrown my knee out within 10 minutes.

bringbackrattles

Cracking pub.

Is that the first time you've been in there ? It's got to be one of the oldest pubs in Coventry,drank in there loads of times.When Jim Holton had the Rising Sun opposite,then it became Flares nightclub,we'd pop in there for a couple and it was lively.I think big Jim died in the Rising Sun ?

bringbackrattles

Cracking pub.

Your typing error of Soon Street may just be an Eureka moment,as my son is thinking of getting a band together and I reckon Soon Street would be a good name for his group ? I'll mention it to him tonight see what he thinks,but I like the sound of it !

Sky_Blue_Daz

Your typing error of Soon Street may just be an Eureka
moment,as my son is thinking of getting a band together and I reckon Soon Street would be a good name for his group ? I'll mention it to him tonight see what he thinks,but I like the sound of it !

Glad to be of service

Sky_Blue_Daz

I was at the Belgrade last night too, Rod Stewart tribute act. (Missus is a big
fan) Must admit, I was surprised at how good they guy was.
He was pretty much on the button, the band was good too.
He couldn't kick a ball though

Sky_Blue_Daz

Is that the first time you've been in there ? It's got to be one of the oldest pubs in Coventry,drank in there loads of times.When Jim Holton had the Rising Sun opposite,then it became Flares nightclub,we'd pop in there for a couple and it was lively.I think big Jim died in the Rising Sun ?

No mate been in there a few times prefer pubs like that along with the white friars bit more character then your chain pubs
Was in the town wall tavern as well that's a nice place too
Bloody packed

dutchman

It's the Old Windmill.

The Windmill was in what is now known as Upper Spon Street and was demolished in 1970 to allow the school to be expanded.

Likewise there was a Dyers Arms and an Old Dyers Arms, the latter of which still survives.

Users who are viewing this thread