The whole starting 11 today (bar RCC) (1 Viewer)

Del Boy 82

So think we agree he did more than Murphy today.... 1 good game in 5 ain't good enough and that's generous. Not sure if lameiras is a winger tho, could be a good 10

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Otis

I didn't understand all the stick for Murphy.

He was very frustrating for sure, but I think that was more down to the wrong choices he made as much as anything else. I was crying out for him to take players on rather than keep crossing it from deep or shooting from the same angle.

Seemed like he wanted to keep scoring a wonder goal.

I saw as I was typing at half time about him that Bobby Gould said the same thing. Funnily enough, as soon as Murphy came our for the second half the first two things he did was take players on and had some success.

Gould seemed to think he was carrying a knock. He just wasn't as quick as he normally is. He seemed sluggish at best.

I'm sure he'll feel better after that good old booing he got though!

Last edited:

Del Boy 82

He's got enormous talent but just does not seem to use it enough. He has a great touch, ability and pace. If he's not gonna get out of 2nd gear then he's never gonna beat a man. So frustrating when he can skin most players in this league. If he's not gonna do that and not gonna track back or put a foot in to tackle.... Were playing with 10 men. He's been like it for a few weeks now. I don't like to single someone out but if your not playing or having a impact at least look like your trying

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Did he? Can't remember who put the ball through. If it was Lameiras then fair play and I will accept that, but the rest of his play was poor.

Would say Lameiras is exactly what we don't need at the moment. I think we need the likes of Henderson, Tudgay and Rose. Players who will run a battle hard and not be out muscled.
He did more than murphy and Madison with the pass for the goal and actually tracked back if he lost it. Not a good game by any means though.

Otis

He did more than murphy and Madison with the pass for the goal and actually tracked back if he lost it. Not a good game by any means though.
Let's be honest though, that goal wasn't down to a good pass, it was down to calamitous defending by their player who just stopped unaware that Armstrong was there behind him.

Otis

Let's be honest though, that goal wasn't down to a good pass, it was down to calamitous defending by their player who just stopped unaware that Armstrong was there behind him.
Think I maybe need to look at that goal again. Seemed to me at the time the defender would have stopped that ball coming in if he has known Armstrong was behind him.

Is that a fair deduction?

olderskyblue

It was a strange performance from almost all of them. It was as if they had all received bad news just before the match started. very odd

Otis

It was a strange performance from almost all of them. It was as if they had all received bad news just before the match started. very odd
You know what came to my mind during the game, that there was a virus or stomach bug. We looked very listless and I wondered if there was something going through the camp.

Might then explain why we kept Murphy on even though he looked injured.

Otis

Theory number 2 was that they all just turned up at the ground at 1 pm, in flip flops, wearing sombreros and carrying piñata donkeys under their armpits.

olderskyblue

Or that TM's on his way out....

Users who are viewing this thread