The Wheel (2 Viewers)

ccfc92

Can anyone tell me, has the Wheel closed down?

I saw on the CET it closed, but was just wondering if it re-opened?

Thanks in advance :)

Otis

Didn't even know it had been invented.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

It's always opening and closing but I was in there two weeks ago and it had new owners.Heard they are trying to get it back to what it used to be.

stupot07

Is that on Ball Hill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ccfctommy

I live opposite it. I drink there regular. Has closed down a few times but I am glad to say it is still open!

ccfc92

I live opposite it. I drink there regular. Has closed down a few times but I am glad to say it is still open!

I've only been in there once, and it seemed okay :)

My Aunt lives nearby, and may be visiting on Sat, so makes sense to go there for one of many pre match beers :)

Have you been to the signal box (hungry horse)? What's that like on match day? SBA only?

bringbackrattles

Okay, cheers :)
Another pub has closed down the Craven Arms on Woodway Lane it's all boarded up. Once you could drink in the Jolly Colliers at the top of Woodway Lane,go in the Acorn at Ringwood Highway,then pop in the Craven. All these pubs have now gone. I reckon the local boozer is on the way out !

ccfc92

Another pub has closed down the Craven Arms on Woodway Lane it's all boarded up. Once you could drink in the Jolly Colliers at the top of Woodway Lane,go in the Acorn at Ringwood Highway,then pop in the Craven. All these pubs have now gone. I reckon the local boozer is on the way out !

More than likely :( Spoons etc are doing well. Basically, if you're a pub who doesn't serve food, you're screwed IMO.

The pubs like Wheatsheaf etc along that road, must have been hit hard by "that" move away, huge income on matchday for pubs near grounds.

Covstu

More than likely :( Spoons etc are doing well. Basically, if you're a pub who doesn't serve food, you're screwed IMO.

The pubs like Wheatsheaf etc along that road, must have been hit hard by "that" move away, huge income on matchday for pubs near grounds.
Yep but half of em turn into shite food places, Devon springs to mind!

bringbackrattles

I like a pub to be a proper pub by that I mean one that if you want something to eat you can get a batch and a bag of crisps,it has a jukebox,sawdust on the floor,and the barmaid has a big pair of tits.If you know of one can you direct me there please !

Terry Gibson's perm

I like a pub to be a proper pub by that I mean one that if you want something to eat you can get a batch and a bag of crisps,it has a jukebox,sawdust on the floor,and the barmaid has a big pair of tits.If you know of one can you direct me there please !

Or scampi fries or even pork scratchings

LastGarrison

I think I've ate in the Devon once since it changed around in 2006 and I'm usually in there at least once a week!!

The bar at least still has the feel of a bar and it's always busy on a Saturday and especially now the green card is back!! £2.08 a pint? Thank you very much.

Terry Gibson's perm

Ah this takes me back to the 70's Friday and Saturday night's with blokes doing the rounds selling shrimps Cockles mussels etc

Kershaws I think?

I didn't start drinking until the 90's and somebody used to bring that awful stuff into the Craftsman where I spent my evenings boozing.

Sky_Blue_Daz

The convoys shut now and up for sale
It was great ona matchnday when Bob had it

bringbackrattles

I only went in there a couple of times years ago as I hated it and the Craftsman was only about a two minute walk from my house.
All the best boozers have gone all over Coventry.That's the main conversation these days we talk about pubs that are no longer around,and not about the ones still going.The city centre used to be lively with lots of clubs too,but it looks pretty dead now.
Nothing against students been one myself but any building that becomes empty it usually gets turned into student accommodation. Ironically enough students are known for liking nights on the lash, but soon they'll have no pubs or clubs to drink in !

Covstu

I think I've ate in the Devon once since it changed around in 2006 and I'm usually in there at least once a week!!

The bar at least still has the feel of a bar and it's always busy on a Saturday and especially now the green card is back!! £2.08 a pint? Thank you very much.

I used to love the old England games in there, the atmosphere was superb! I ate there once, nearly broke my teeth on the chips so never again!

LastGarrison

I used to love the old England games in there, the atmosphere was superb! I ate there once, nearly broke my teeth on the chips so never again!

Yeah it was good! Like I say though still gets lively in there and is still quite "laddy" for want of a better phrase compared to a lot of other pubs nowadays.

Macca

Not many like the Wheel and Devon left. Too many pubs full of tables covered in dirty plates and kids charging around, is that pub the Grange still around?

bringbackrattles

Not many like the Wheel and Devon left. Too many pubs full of tables covered in dirty plates and kids charging around, is that pub the Grange still around?
No the Grange has been empty for a while and being converted into houses I think. And the Courthouse is now rows of flats and houses also.Like I wrote earlier on there aren't many good old pubs left now and the ones that are still open are more like restuarants than boozers.

Terry Gibson's perm

All the best boozers have gone all over Coventry.That's the main conversation these days we talk about pubs that are no longer around,and not about the ones still going.The city centre used to be lively with lots of clubs too,but it looks pretty dead now.
Nothing against students been one myself but any building that becomes empty it usually gets turned into student accommodation. Ironically enough students are known for liking nights on the lash, but soon they'll have no pubs or clubs to drink in !

People like me who don't drink hardly help, I remember drinking lots of k in Silvers.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I have over 270 pics of Coventry pubs - some still standing, some long gone. If anybody wants to see a particular pub, I can always put it up on here.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
You a pub stalker houch?

Probably used to be Stu, but it's the history of Coventry that I like. I also have just over 900 pics of Coventry in the past, mostly from the 60's and 70's.

Users who are viewing this thread