The war is over, time for the peace treaty (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

So you don't believe in censorship and therefore one assumes holds up the notion of democracy and free speech.

How does that sit with your desire to have me thrown off the forum as you don't agree with my viewpoint?

We know your viewpoint so stop repeating it.
My concern is my street lights dim when your online.

Grendel

We know your viewpoint so stop repeating it.
My concern is my street lights dim when your online.

We know your viewpoint - well this week at least.

James Smith

One thing he is saying is that you can as an organisation budget for losses if you for see the asset value will be higher and the end of the period.

I could quote you one company that losts millions for most of 2 decades but now thrives.

You're right, some companies budget for initial losses on projects because they can see that there will be a greater return in the long run. There isn't an issue unless the money runs out or the project goes way over budget, now we haven't even reached Tim's lower forum estimate which is obviously costing SISU more in the short term. Tim did single out the third match as a turning point and said we'd be back which it doesn't look like we are and I hope SISU are prepared to continue to fund us whilst we play at Sixfields for as long we're there.

One issue is that we appear to be losing supporters and we won't know what the full damage to the regular supporter numbers is until the club returns to the city. The worry surely has to be that there has been no progress made on the new stadium and ACL don't appear to be suffering a quick death which could help hasten our return to the city, if SISU were to pick up the pieces in a fire sale. I really hope that SISU aren't banking that we'll return to the Ricoh because if ACL have "moved" on too then we'll be homeless without a stadium in our city that we can go back to or one being built that we could go back to.

Grendel

You're right, some companies budget for initial losses on projects because they can see that there will be a greater return in the long run. There isn't an issue unless the money runs out or the project goes way over budget, now we haven't even reached Tim's lower forum estimate which is obviously costing SISU more in the short term. Tim did single out the third match as a turning point and said we'd be back which it doesn't look like we are and I hope SISU are prepared to continue to fund us whilst we play at Sixfields for as long we're there.

One issue is that we appear to be losing supporters and we won't know what the full damage to the regular supporter numbers is until the club returns to the city. The worry surely has to be that there has been no progress made on the new stadium and ACL don't appear to be suffering a quick death which could help hasten our return to the city, if SISU were to pick up the pieces in a fire sale. I really hope that SISU aren't banking that we'll return to the Ricoh because if ACL have "moved" on too then we'll be homeless without a stadium in our city that we can go back to or one being built that we could go back to.

You keep mentions ACL and their financial health.

How are you aware what this is?

Hobo

But they do give an idea of state of health, growth, other revenue streams etc
But Otium are due to publish accounts as Fisher said SISU couldn't before as they could not make a realistic forecast while the rent dispute was ongoing.

Now they have made the decision to build their own stadium with an agreement to play in Northampton they can make a realistic forcast.

Can't really see why they haven't posted accounts already....but I'm sure they are in the post. Then we will see how viable the SISU plan is?

Astute

You keep coming out with utter tripe and hijacking threads.

We are all aware of this.

The one thing we do know is that they have survived without rent for a couple of years now. With the mortgage refinanced ACL could afford to offer a much lower rent. The FL would only give SISU the golden share if they paid nearly 600k to ACL. This is enough to keep everything going for a fair bit of time. This is without new income streams coming in. So if Joy wants to keep up with trying to send ACL to the wall and not bring our club home it means a couple more seasons playing where we shouldn't be.

Now lets go back to SISU saying they will have a stadium built for themselves. The agreement to take our club away lasts 3 years. It can be extended for 12 months twice. But for this to happen the build must be at an advanced stage. They won't be able to keep our club away and keep the golden share if Timothy's plans haven't gone further than a drawing on the back of a fag packet. There is still no evidence of a stadium being built.

So to me SISU will have to do something. How long will it be before they seriously start building a stadium or they actually partake in talks with ACL......just what they have not done in the slightest so far, and then blamed everyone else but themselves.

Godiva

You keep coming out with utter tripe and hijacking threads.

We are all aware of this.

The one thing we do know is that they have survived without rent for a couple of years now.

This is not accurate.
They pulled £500k from the escrow and took an unknown amount from the ccfc bank account on a certain date (as permitted by the court) plus they received some $530k from the administration.
That should cover all rent owed up the time of administration. After that they received £10k per match when we were in administration.
So ACL are really only now starting to survive without rent from ccfc.

James Smith

When I wrote

James Smith said:
ACL don't appear to be suffering a quick death
I only meant that they haven't gone into Administration yet or asked the council for more money, either of which I think we would have heard about. I only know what's published I don't have a listening device in the ACL offices, or a tap on their phones (both of which would be illegal by the way).

Last edited:

PWKH

This is not accurate.

They pulled £500k from the escrow and took an unknown amount from the ccfc bank account on a certain date (as permitted by the court) plus they received some $530k from the administration.
That should cover all rent owed up the time of administration. After that they received £10k per match when we were in administration.
So ACL are really only now starting to survive without rent from ccfc.

It is your post here, and those you have posted previously saying the same thing, that is not accurate:

Nothing was taken from any bank account associated with any of the Sisu web of companies.
ACL received nothing from the administration, nor via the Football League.

The money received from CCFC during last season was a re-payment of costs incurred in allowing CCFC to play.
The rent deposit that was in an escrow account was drawn down during the first part of the Sisu refusal to pay the rent and licence fee.

The conclusions you draw from this limited information will be yours, but your problem will be, as it is for every person posting here, it will have to be speculation as you do not have access to ACL's books.

NorthernWisdom

Sorry, can you clarify by this you were referring to this?

It was awarded on condition Otium accepted the ten-point penalty and that ACL as a creditor would still get the £590,000 it would have received had the CVA been signed.

(Found here: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/ricoh-arena-owners-rule-out-5842597 )

If you are and that's wrong, might be worth dropping the Telegraph a line to correct them?

PWKH

Hobo

Shock horror- Newspaper quotes/prints factually incorrect statement.

It could equally apply to posters including you. None of us know the correct figures. What we do know though is SiSU have taken us to Northampton and ACL are still a going concern. What the future holds for both or either one is all conjecture and speculation.

It's going to be a long interesting season.

SP's efforts and the teams and the youngsters must be applauded.

Whether they can sustain it I don't know. I sincerely hope they can.

I hope they get full support on their travels

Godiva

It is your post here, and those you have posted previously saying the same thing, that is not accurate:

Nothing was taken from any bank account associated with any of the Sisu web of companies.

The money received from CCFC during last season was a re-payment of costs incurred in allowing CCFC to play.
The rent deposit that was in an escrow account was drawn down during the first part of the Sisu refusal to pay the rent and licence fee.

The conclusions you draw from this limited information will be yours, but your problem will be, as it is for every person posting here, it will have to be speculation as you do not have access to ACL's books.

I am very happy to be corrected by someone who know facts. The lack of hard facts lead to speculation, and I am prone to speculate just as much as the next guy. Maybe more.

But please enlighten me then - am I right in believing Mr Appelton listed ACL as creditor owed somewhere around £530k-£590k ... I can't recall the exact figure?
And is this figure - whatever it is - the full amount ccfc owed ACL? Please lets leave out the value of the lease and future potential rent.

I am also very curious to know if what Fisher says is true - did ccfc actually pay a sum per match during the rent strike (I think he said it was paid to the escrow) and was that sum agreed with either CCc or ACL before the strike began?

Did I dream that ACL went to the court and received permission to extract any amount available on the ccfc account on a specific date?

Is it wrong to expect the amount we are lead to believe ACL will receive is sitting in an account controled by Mr Appelton and that it will be released to ACL when Limited is being liquidated?

The Bear

I have to admit...following a lot of research in the last few days, I'm coming round to a more Godiva state of mind.

We won't know what ACL's accounts are like until their year end (31/05/2013) ones are published...Feb 2014 at the latest.

We have no idea how much they're spending on legal fees.

When Appleton reports next week, we will probably see a lot of talking and people will really need to sit down and come up with a plan. ACL sell, Sisu reconsolidate, Sisu sell, we get another (offshore-backed) owner is my bet at the moment.

Overall, contrary to what I've thought previously, the Council/ACL need to come under pressure to move things forward and explain the CVA rejection.

ohitsaidwalker king power

It could equally apply to posters including you. None of us know the correct figures. What we do know though is SiSU have taken us to Northampton and ACL are still a going concern. What the future holds for both or either one is all conjecture and speculation.

It's going to be a long interesting season.

SP's efforts and the teams and the youngsters must be applauded.

Whether they can sustain it I don't know. I sincerely hope they can.

I hope they get full support on their travels

Agree- none of truly know and thats one of the most frustrating things, equally the cornerstone of most internet forums; whether they be football or fishing- people post opinions.Some considered and qualified with an argument- others just opinions.
The difference I feel though is that Newspapers are paid to print fact and data.. guess that was the premise for my original post which was slightly tongue in cheek?

Hobo

Agree- none of truly know and thats one of the most frustrating things, equally the cornerstone of most internet forums; whether they be football or fishing- people post opinions.Some considered and qualified with an argument- others just opinions.
The difference I feel though is that Newspapers are paid to print fact and data.. guess that was the premise for my original post which was slightly tongue in cheek?

Unfortunately modern journalism is about sensationalism and selling papers. Fact and data, investigative journalism, presenting both sides of an argument I fear are things of the past.

shmmeee

It's certainly interesting SISU propaganda that starts by saying our football club owned for the purpose of making money is wrong, full stop.

Well, they have been doing everything in their power to make sure it doesn't make a profit recently :p

Users who are viewing this thread