The walking dead starts again tonight (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

I like the whisperers so far, but can't help but feel they'll follow the same routine of new big bad enemy, war, enemy defeated, peace until next enemy appears

Otis

More dumbness abounds.

So, it's clearly evident the Whisperers are totally fooked up and have no moral compass. They are even prepared to sickeningly sacrifice a baby in order to protect the tribe (I'm guessing just walking away from painfully slow moving zombies at a slightly brisk pace is just too much of a stretch).

At that point it is very clear the antagonists are a threat, a real threat.

So....... why couldn't Hilltop do the deal, swap the prisoners and then just shoot Alpha and one or two others straight after?

Bang, bang and and it's over. It's that simple.

Show tried to promote the dilemma 'Ah, but there's a baby see, so they can't' routine, but that was just pure bull. The Whisperers were all spaced out and not huddled together and it would have been easy pickings to simply take out individuals one by one, but spare the mother and child. Spare Lydia too.

Dumbness in this show is quite staggering at times. They had so many opportunities to kill Negan and failed to do so and in this new world of dog eat dog and every man, woman and child having now become killer, it's just plain daft to let a real threat to your existence just waltz away into the sunset. Grrr....

Otis

And also.....

the Whisperers walk amongst the dead in order to blend in and stay safe, but yet have a baby in tow with them, ready to break out into a cry and bawl at any given moment. How does that work exactly?

skybluegod

More dumbness abounds.

So, it's clearly evident the Whisperers are totally fooked up and have no moral compass. They are even prepared to sickeningly sacrifice a baby in order to protect the tribe (I'm guessing just walking away from painfully slow moving zombies at a slightly brisk pace is just too much of a stretch).

At that point it is very clear the antagonists are a threat, a real threat.

So....... why couldn't Hilltop do the deal, swap the prisoners and then just shoot Alpha and one or two others straight after?

Bang, bang and and it's over. It's that simple.

Show tried to promote the dilemma 'Ah, but there's a baby see, so they can't' routine, but that was just pure bull. The Whisperers were all spaced out and not huddled together and it would have been easy pickings to simply take out individuals one by one, but spare the mother and child. Spare Lydia too.

Dumbness in this show is quite staggering at times. They had so many opportunities to kill Negan and failed to do so and in this new world of dog eat dog and every man, woman and child having now become killer, it's just plain daft to let a real threat to your existence just waltz away into the sunset. Grrr....

To be fair Otis, I haven't seen a single gun at Hilltop or the Kingdom. Only gun i have seen is Judith's. So how would they shoot them? Also how do they know if it was all of the whisperers? So they kill some now (they could easily run from arrows {which is the only option}) what then? They live in constant threat of walkers being humans with masks, so would be in constant danger every time they left the hilltop?

The show as you say has plenty of dumb moments, but I think in this instance you are looking for one that isn't there. My opinion of course.

skybluegod

And also.....

the Whisperers walk amongst the dead in order to blend in and stay safe, but yet have a baby in tow with them, ready to break out into a cry and bawl at any given moment. How does that work exactly?

I thought they said they have a camp as well? She did say if they can't stop crying the baby is left to die, think it was more about the gravitas of letting a baby die? It was stupid yes though (if there is no camp)

skybluegod

Thought the last two episodes were incredibly boring. Worst two of the season so far. I realise it needs to rebuild but wow its boring.

Otis

To be fair Otis, I haven't seen a single gun at Hilltop or the Kingdom. Only gun i have seen is Judith's. So how would they shoot them? Also how do they know if it was all of the whisperers? So they kill some now (they could easily run from arrows {which is the only option}) what then? They live in constant threat of walkers being humans with masks, so would be in constant danger every time they left the hilltop?

The show as you say has plenty of dumb moments, but I think in this instance you are looking for one that isn't there. My opinion of course.
Kill the leader, job done. ;) Kill Hitler, Nazis collapse, kill Alpha, they run for the hills. Cut off the head of the serpent. ;)

Fair point on the lack of weapons if true, but I was thinking more that they merely use knives and bows and arrows now in order to keep the guns in reserve,and besides, Eugene found a way to make bullets didn't he.

skybluegod

Kill the leader, job done. ;) Kill Hitler, Nazis collapse, kill Alpha, they run for the hills. Cut off the head of the serpent. ;)

Fair point on the lack of weapons if true, but I was thinking more that they merely use knives and bows and arrows now in order to keep the guns in reserve,and besides, Eugene found a way to make bullets didn't he.

That's true it could be that.

My thinking was that in the time jump something happened to the groups (hence the scars on the backs) Also Henry/Daryl alluded to something happening at Alexandria, which may mean that all of their weapons were taken? Who knows. But you would think if they had them, the guards would at least have them?

Otis

That's true it could be that.

My thinking was that in the time jump something happened to the groups (hence the scars on the backs) Also Henry/Daryl alluded to something happening at Alexandria, which may mean that all of their weapons were taken? Who knows. But you would think if they had them, the guards would at least have them?
They've tried to go all commune hip though haven't they.

Odd that Judith has a gun and seemingly no-one else.

If there was only one gun why would they give it to a kid.

Unless Alexandria have all the guns and Hilltop have none. Could that be the source of the conflict?

Also a bit daft for Daryl to say they have all the firepower, but not be anyone with a single gun in sight.

I wonder if in the charter it was agreed no more guns?

skybluegod

They've tried to go all commune hip though haven't they.

Odd that Judith has a gun and seemingly no-one else.

If there was only one gun why would they give it to a kid.

Unless Alexandria have all the guns and Hilltop have none. Could that be the source of the conflict?

Also a bit daft for Daryl to say they have all the firepower, but not be anyone with a single gun in sight.

I wonder if in the charter it was agreed no more guns?

Well it's Rick's gun isn't it (Sentimental thing)

Maybe? Seems to be more with a disagreement about what happened though to me...

The Charter? Did i miss something?

Otis

Whatever it was called. The joint declaration thing between the communities.

And get the sentimental thing, but surely it would be for show only wouldn't it, not to be wielded around and fired

ajsccfc

I think you just have to allow the stupidity to wash over you at this point. I'm guessing the symbol the Kingdom gang walked past was to do with the Whisperers and considering Jerry just had a happy episode where he got a lightbulb and a baby he's got to be on the way out.

Otis

I think you just have to allow the stupidity to wash over you at this point. I'm guessing the symbol the Kingdom gang walked past was to do with the Whisperers and considering Jerry just had a happy episode where he got a lightbulb and a baby he's got to be on the way out.
Exactly my thinking too.

A mark of territory and Jerry definitely to bite the bullet. Two of my first conclusions from the episode.

What do you think of Jerry? I see some are now describing him as one of the best characters in the show, but to me he is just meh.

ajsccfc

There's not much to him but he's very likeable, which alone stands out amongst all the misery. If we get any backstory for him in the next episode though, dead as a doornail.

Something coming up in the show coincides with the last thing I read from the comics -
the fair they keep talking about, a number of characters will most likely be written out then as the whisperers mark their territory with heads on spikes, it needs at least one or two proper names to have the effect though. I reckon Ezekiel or Aaron

Otis

There's not much to him but he's very likeable, which alone stands out amongst all the misery. If we get any backstory for him in the next episode though, dead as a doornail.

Something coming up in the show coincides with the last thing I read from the comics -
the fair they keep talking about, a number of characters will most likely be written out then as the whisperers mark their territory with heads on spikes, it needs at least one or two proper names to have the effect though. I reckon Ezekiel or Aaron
Yup. I don't actually mind
Aaron
too much, but can't warm to
Ezekiel.
Like most people though, I would love to see
Henry's
head on a spike.
Or
stern faced Kingdom blond woman

skybluegod

Yep they have already confirmed they are sticking to that line from the comics

ajsccfc

With this show, I instantly fear for anyone who smiles and gets more than two lines of dialogue. Daryl's surliness makes him basically invincible

Otis

Well that was one of the dullest episodes ever I think.

Full of waffle and mundane drawn out scenes.

Not good at all. Worst I can recall for some time. :(

ajsccfc

I quite enjoyed it, but I was doing something else as well so I was half-watching and only paying proper attention during the whisperer mad bits. I think I've hit on something here

skybluegod

I enjoyed it, it was a bit slow in parts, but we learnt more about the new enemy. Daryl, dressed a whisperer, we have learnt more about Michonne being a dictator, and how Negan wants to contribute. A lot of building the story, but just not enough action/drive.

Otis

Erm........ 'When was the last time you saw a movie?'

What????

WHAT????

WTF was that?

giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Daz

Didn’t really enjoy last nights episode I was expecting a bit more on the Daryls battle fight scene

ajsccfc

I liked that, although it's weird that someone stands out as a cheesy horror villain when the show's about the undead so it should be full of them. Biggest disappointment was the highwaymen. Weird sign on the road in a previous episode then just threat/ultimatum/compromise/BEST FRIENDS NOW in the space of about 10 minutes.

Otis

I liked that, although it's weird that someone stands out as a cheesy horror villain when the show's about the undead so it should be full of them. Biggest disappointment was the highwaymen. Weird sign on the road in a previous episode then just threat/ultimatum/compromise/BEST FRIENDS NOW in the space of about 10 minutes.
Yep, exactly my thoughts too.

From enemies to best buddies in the blink of an eye and despite not even knowing them at all, you invite them to the fair and let them see where you live, how to get in to the place you live and let you see how the place is armed and guarded.

ajsccfc

Hey strangers I know you've just threatened our lives and all of our friends and literally have guns pointed at our heads but have any of you ever seen Weekend At Bernies 2?

*world peace ensues*

skybluegod

I thought it was a good episode myself..

Except for the stupidity in Beta being able to get up from a 50 ft drop with just a bit of a groan. Even if you survive in real life there is no way you are walking after landing on a solid metal elevator.

Also proves I was right about the guns. Nobody has any in the main 3 groups.

Otis

I thought it was a good episode myself..

Except for the stupidity in Beta being able to get up from a 50 ft drop with just a bit of a groan. Even if you survive in real life there is no way you are walking after landing on a solid metal elevator.

Also proves I was right about the guns. Nobody has any in the main 3 groups.
Yep, fair point. It was just my assumption on the fact that Eugene had the ability to make bullets and that Judith seemed happy enough to fire a few rounds off.

Does appear to be no guns about. Maybe that will get explained in due course.

skybluegod

Yep, fair point. It was just my assumption on the fact that Eugene had the ability to make bullets and that Judith seemed happy enough to fire a few rounds off.

Does appear to be no guns about. Maybe that will get explained in due course.

Yeah maybe the guns were taken off them, but yes obviously have a way to make bullets.

I have a feeling it will link to the X's on the main characters backs.

Users who are viewing this thread