The Walking Dead - Season 7 (2 Viewers)

Otis

All I kept saying to myself throughout the show was 'jeez, why don't you just die already!!'

That was painfully drawn out. Normal people die quickly, but nope, not for the main cast, that has to take what feels like a number of months, even though it's in reality just a few hours.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Gotta agree with that Otis. Jeez! Was that drawn out or what? Even my missus, who's one of the shows biggest fans, said the same. The writers need to get back to basics and make it like it was in the first 2 or 3 seasons.

Otis

Not a shock for many though.

I recall more than a year ago Chandler Riggs' dad thanking the producers for his time on the show. Very much hinted at the end of his tenure.

Can't say I am at all displeased. Found him a very annoyingly irritating character.

Covstu

Is this programme really still going? I lost interest at about s5 where no one was even noticing the walking dead anymore! More inconvenient dead

Otis

Is this programme really still going? I lost interest at about s5 where no one was even noticing the walking dead anymore! More inconvenient dead
I do agree, but that was the kind of point, that of the humans being the real danger, not the walkers.

Does make some valid points, because we know that would probably be what would happen in reality. If humans all co-opted together they would surely but slowly be able to wipe the walkers out eventually, but instead they are all to busy running round trying to prove who has the biggest balls and who is top dog.

Nick

Administrator

I think I got to that point as well. The same pattern every series.

Some new people are met, they all fight them off together
They all settle down and live nicely
Somebody does something really stupid so they all have to fight again and a couple of people die

Rinse and repeat.

Covstu

I do agree, but that was the kind of point, that of the humans being the real danger, not the walkers.

Does make some valid points, because we know that would probably be what would happen in reality. If humans all co-opted together they would surely but slowly be able to wipe the walkers out eventually, but instead they are all to busy running round trying to prove who has the biggest balls and who is top dog.
It does but that's happened about 5 times in there (always another bad guy of course). It just gets a bit tired to be honest, too many 'filler' episodes during the series which just switch me off from watching. I suppose that's a good topic, which series could go the distance without overstaying its welcome??

ajsccfc

The episode was basically just a tribute to the kid who plays Carl, who they killed off just as both the character and actor were both getting quite good. It took 10 years for me to stop wishing he'd be killed and then he's killed, nice.

Seemed odd for the moral quandary about Morgan killing the last Saviour, when the whole episode was them waltzing through the entire town killing all the others without a moment's hesitation.

Otis

It does but that's happened about 5 times in there (always another bad guy of course). It just gets a bit tired to be honest, too many 'filler' episodes during the series which just switch me off from watching. I suppose that's a good topic, which series could go the distance without overstaying its welcome??

I agree.

Guessing after Negan and the Saviours and the Governor, we will get Mr. Big and the Sharks and then The Boss and the Piranhas and then One Armed Nobsy and the Rufty, Tufty, Pufftys.

I am finding it tiresome, but want to see how it all ends. A bit like my marriage really.

Otis

The episode was basically just a tribute to the kid who plays Carl, who they killed off just as both the character and actor were both getting quite good. It took 10 years for me to stop wishing he'd be killed and then he's killed, nice.

Seemed odd for the moral quandary about Morgan killing the last Saviour, when the whole episode was them waltzing through the entire town killing all the others without a moment's hesitation.

I guess it's like the last Rolo. You busily munch through them all until the last one and then you try and find someone you love, or someone disabled, or on their death bed to give that last one to.

Otis

Rick is still dumb though.

Everyone else is double crossing and triple crossing and saying one thing and doing another, but instead of Rick saying to Negan he would like peace, while secretly in reality planning to kill him, he just simply keeps saying 'I am going to kill you!'

And then of course he had that one chance to kill him and had him at his mercy, he didn't and let him escape.

ajsccfc

In a series full of mind-bending stupidity, that episode had to be the worst. They want to kill one man and pass up the chance to easily snipe him and take him out when he's cowering behind a sheet of metal. There are Bond villains watching that and shaking their heads.

Otis

Oh pleaseee!!!!

Nuff said.

giphy.gif

Mr Panda

How many times have there been opportunities to shoot Negan dead now? The guy has some kind of force field around him, bullets just don't hit him either that or there needs to be a serious inquest into Rick's ability to aim a gun.

Otis

How many times have there been opportunities to shoot Negan dead now? The guy has some kind of force field around him, bullets just don't hit him either that or there needs to be a serious inquest into Rick's ability to aim a gun.
Rick always shoots from miles away too, even when he has Negan trapped.

Just calmy wlak up to him entrapped in the vehicle and shoot the barsteward.

But no, waste round after round shooting from distance until you have no bullets left.

They also need to have Negan wear his underpants over his trousers, because he can be trapped in an overturned car after being run off the road, yet can escape unscathed and then can fall about 20 feet or so and not receive any kind of injury.

He can also obviously avoid all bullets.

giphy.gif

ajsccfc

At some point they're going to stop all this fighting and just collapse into each others' arms, the best of friends. Then Simon can take over the Saviours considering he's the best Negan of all anyway.

The woman showing up from wherever is interesting, a handy reminder that there is definitely a world outside the tiny section of Virginia the show is based in.

Otis

At some point they're going to stop all this fighting and just collapse into each others' arms, the best of friends. Then Simon can take over the Saviours considering he's the best Negan of all anyway.

The woman showing up from wherever is interesting, a handy reminder that there is definitely a world outside the tiny section of Virginia the show is based in.
I do think it is a bit far fetched though bringing Ellen Degeneres into the show.

Blurs the fiction and reality element somewhat.

ajsccfc

Sets them up perfectly though for the big reveal that will end the show - the whole thing is scripted by Hollywood and either Rick or Negan are going to win a HOLIDAY OF A LIFETIME!

skybluegod

I think Norman Reedus gave the best response to people that complain about the realism of the show... ‘ it’s a show about zombies, that’s about as far from realism as you can get’, I think this season has slowly got the walking dead back up to a higher standard, last episode was boring, this weeks was interesting. Starting to connect with characters again: Dwight, simon, Negan and euguene have all developed massively as characters.
I think Rosita has got better, Maggie is still great, It’s back to concentrating on its core cast, which is what makes it so great.
And this new introduction of a group seems like it could be interesting.

Otis

I think Norman Reedus gave the best response to people that complain about the realism of the show... ‘ it’s a show about zombies, that’s about as far from realism as you can get’, I think this season has slowly got the walking dead back up to a higher standard, last episode was boring, this weeks was interesting. Starting to connect with characters again: Dwight, simon, Negan and euguene have all developed massively as characters.
I think Rosita has got better, Maggie is still great, It’s back to concentrating on its core cast, which is what makes it so great.
And this new introduction of a group seems like it could be interesting.
Yeah, agree with that, but the Rick not killing Negan saga is now getting beyond laughable.

Otis

Just wonder if there is any possibility of a Rick /Negan pact , with them teaming up together to defeat Simon?

Temporary best buds.

skybluegod

Just wonder if there is any possibility of a Rick /Negan pact , with them teaming up together to defeat Simon?

Temporary best buds.
From what I have been told in the comics negan isn’t killed but captured and later becomes part of the group, but don’t see that happening with how angry Maggie and rick are

Otis

From what I have been told in the comics negan isn’t killed but captured and later becomes part of the group, but don’t see that happening with how angry Maggie and rick are
Rick seems totally incapable of killing or capturing him.

This could go on for some time.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Well I enjoyed that episode, and to be honest we’ve all woke up in the middle of the night hungry

Otis

Still driving me crazy!

Can NO-ONE shoot straight, even when the enemy are lined up like ducks in a row?

And is EVERYONE deaf? Can no-one hear walkers stumbling around, falling over, falling downstairs and groaning really loudly?

Geez!!

Anyone with half a brain at Hilltop or Alexandra, would have dug a hidden dry moat around their compounds and laid down removable bridges (just a few pallets and logs etc), so the residents can travel in and out. Cover the moat with leaves and branches and only have the bridges visable.

First sign of danger you remove the bridges, or totally weaken them and/or cover the space with leaves and branches.

As soon as the enemy arrive there's no bridges and they all plunge into the moat.

I should be Maggie or Rick.

In fact, put an 8 year old in charge instead.

ajsccfc

Of course the kid has to unlock and enter the pen in order to threaten everybody, because there's no way an assault rifle could fire through a very loose mesh fence.

Otis

Of course the kid has to unlock and enter the pen in order to threaten everybody, because there's no way an assault rifle could fire through a very loose mesh fence.
Yeah, ha! Was tutting very much at the time. It was so telegraphed as to what was going to happen. Forgot to mention that.

Also neglected to mention about all the silent/mute victims. Throughout all the series we have had people scream like crazy when they get bitten and ripped apart!

Last night though? This was dark and the middle of the night and everyone was asleep, so all the victims had to die very, very silently without making a sound because it suited the plot.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread