The Valleys (1 Viewer)

Tad

I was flicking through the channels the other day and I came across this show called The Valleys. The show consistence of a bunch of tarts (Blokes too) who move out of the valleys and cause mayhem in Cardiff. It's just a joke. If I was in wales, I'd be pretty pissed off by this show. It's just degrading and stereotypes the welsh. I know a few welsh people and people in the valleys actually. This is what they've have said:

Yes, there isn't much in the valleys, it's made up of villages for crying out loud what do you expect, but that doesn't make everyone a piss head etc. A lot of people prefer the country side and travel into citys (cardiff/swansea etc) purely for work. That way you get the best of both worlds. Sure we have our share of problems (drunks, rough people, fighting etc) but where in this world doesn't?

It's already been on the news and MTV have tried to defend it - poorly in my view.
Did any of you see it?

Nick

Administrator
I didn't see it but the adverts have been on non stop for weeks.

Isn't it just like Geordie Shore etc?

Tad

I didn't see it but the adverts have been on non stop for weeks.

Isn't it just like Geordie Shore etc?

Think so. I really don't like these sort of people or shows, like I said, I just found it by chance, but the fact that it's in Wales and it's already kicked up a stink with them had me wondering what other people thought.

Dan Griffin

Exactly like Geordie shore, the valleys was piss poor, I advise to stick to the former, although there both terrible being payed to do all that

Tad

Exactly like Geordie shore, the valleys was piss poor, I advise to stick to the former, although there both terrible being payed to do all that

I'm not going to watch either of them if I'm honest. There just full of attention seekers that want fame and glamour for doing nowt and being good at nowt.

The problem I have with it though is it gives people the delusion that everyone in wales, Newcastle etc that that's what people are like there. I've been to the valley's many times to see a few mates and I can tell you right now. How they portray it is completely wrong. These people clearly don't live in reality and to call this a reality show is just stupid.

Last edited:

redsox

Facebook User

Gutter television of the highest order, as long as people keep watching the shite, they'll keep making it!!

Macca

More trash that encourages people that there is easier money in being a chavvy bellend than a decent member of the community

Users who are viewing this thread