The unbelievable fools (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

So you mean once the full rent is taken out of our income we would have about the same budget of the lower supported clubs in this division. These are the clubs that accept that this is their level.

A lower rent payable now with a deferred payment of the rest until we get promotion would have been the fairest way forward, not refusing to pay altogether.

As I said in an earlier post...compromise I's the best option for one & all usually. I'm merely suggesting that CCFC budgeting is very questionable if it budgeted for a rent reduction when it knows what it has agreed. Any reduction would then serve as a bonus...although that might be swallowed up by SISU.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Yes, from administration. And yes, you are right about the clubs who have gone into admin.
I'm just stating what happened.

Yes, they saved us from administration - or so Airhorn Joe says, so who are we to question that. But they surely also 'saved' us from other interested parties picking up the pieces post-administration - as happened at, say Southampton, Ipswich, QPR, Leicester, etc.

One of the reasons no other parties came in at the time SISU did was that the club's position was untenable. Administration gives any purchaser a chance to renegotiate contracts and liabilities and get the club back - from the start - back on an even footing. Contracts such as the Arena, for example. At least both parties would agree to such, as opposed to how things have transpired now.

And as for small businesses getting hurt by administration, well, yes. They can, however, play a part on the negotiations with interested parties. And let's not forget, SISU's stance 'bullied' fans into handing over shares; which in some instances meant great losses from investments made over many generations. As such, SISU's ascension wasn't without collateral damage to the smaller parties

skyblueman

Yes, they saved us from administration - or so Airhorn Joe says, so who are we to question that. But they surely also 'saved' us from other interested parties picking up the pieces post-administration - as happened at, say Southampton, Ipswich, QPR, Leicester, etc.

One of the reasons no other parties came in at the time SISU did was that the club's position was untenable. Administration gives any purchaser a chance to renegotiate contracts and liabilities and get the club back - from the start - back on an even footing. Contracts such as the Arena, for example. At least both parties would agree to such, as opposed to how things have transpired now.

And as for small businesses getting hurt by administration, well, yes. They can, however, play a part on the negotiations with interested parties. And let's not forget, SISU's stance 'bullied' fans into handing over shares; which in some instances meant great losses from investments made over many generations. As such, SISU's ascension wasn't without collateral damage to the smaller parties

IMO It's beginning to look a lot like SISU have only managed to postpone administration for this club - something that was pretty much inevitable before they came on the scene and looks increasing likely now several years later... only now the world financially is very different which would make a post administration revival (if it were to happen) much more difficult & liquidation much more likely

I think it should have happened before and if it had we would be in a better position over the coming years

cloughie

But you wouldnt pay Kenilworth Road rent for a mansion in Wood End

Maybe not but you wouldn't pay the same amount as the people living in a average wood end family house

you would expect to pay a premium

Unfortunately if you were stupid enough to sign a contract that you couldn't afford you would have to do a moonlight flit

Sky Blues

Long time reader but now feel forced through anger to post - the clubs refusal to pay rent is not about poverty or inability to pay it is about a more sinister game, the acquisition of ACL by hook or underhand crook. By not paying the rent they make ACL less profitable and therefore easier to buy, a dangerous game and shows the contempt with which these people hold the fans and the club. The only way they will pay the rent is if forced to by the court and even then they may take the view that liquidating the club is the cheaper option - if they cannot get their hands on the whole of ACL they will never get their "investment" back so may just cut their losses and fold the whole club. This threat of closure can be the only reason ACL have not enforced the court judgement they won several months ago against the club. Its a dangerous game that is being played and the future of the club could depend on its outcome.

Welcome Nucky!

dongonzalos

IMO It's beginning to look a lot like SISU have only managed to postpone administration for this club - something that was pretty much inevitable before they came on the scene and looks increasing likely now several years later... only now the world financially is very different which would make a post administration revival (if it were to happen) much more difficult & liquidation much more likely

I think it should have happened before and if it had we would be in a better position over the coming years

Very valid point

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I've always wondered about this. You see, SISU are a hedge fund. That means that their modus operandi is to 'hedge' any investment with a fall-back position.

Look at CCFC. A team - looking - on it's knees. Pick it up by getting folk to hand over shares for nothing, gain promotion and sell on at a great big profit. Nice.

But what if it all goes pear-shaped? What's the hedge? What's the second option to mitigate your losses if the first option fails?

Stop paying rent, bring ACL to it's knees and pick up a prime bit of real estate for peanuts? Oh, that'd do.

Still, I'm sure that's not on their minds. Never

Last edited:

wingy

I've always wondered about this. You see, SISU are a hedge fund. That means that their modus operandi is to 'hedge' any investment with a fall-back position.

Look at CCFC. A team - looking - on it's knees. Pick it up by getting folk to hand over shares for nothing, gain promotion and sell on at a great big profit. Nice.

But what if it all goes pear-shaped? What's the hedge? What's the second option to mitigate your losses if the first option fails?

Stop paying rent, bring ACL to it's knees and pick up a prime bit of real estate? Oh, that'd do.

At what point did they make the choice ,when Ranson went ,during that summer or April last season?

cloughie

Time this hedge was trimmed right back

personally I'd uproot this hedge out of the ricoh garden

Mary_Mungo_Midge

At what point did they make the choice ,when Ranson went ,during that summer or April last season?

They're a hedge fund. They wouldn't - and shouldn't - enter any investment without a hedge to protect their investor's cash.

Not saying the above was at the start, but the should have had one. Maybe was, maybe wasn't. Not that I'm saying is their ambition now, of course. Ahem!

;)

wingy

I personally think the point at which they set up ,OTIUM ,SCONSET etc was the point at which they surrendered any ambition of making their money from the footabll side.

Last edited:

skyblueman

Stop paying rent, bring ACL to it's knees and pick up a prime bit of real estate for peanuts? Oh, that'd do.

It was a gamble - it failed - it was only hedged by their massive egos

coundonskyblue

<p>
IMO It's beginning to look a lot like SISU have only managed to postpone administration for this club - something that was pretty much inevitable before they came on the scene and looks increasing likely now several years later... only now the world financially is very different which would make a post administration revival (if it were to happen) much more difficult &amp; liquidation much more likely</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I think it should have happened before and if it had we would be in a better position over the coming years

Should have happened in 2003, when they ran out of money to put into the Ricoh. If they had gone into admin at that point, they would have done it whilst still owning half the project. At that point, even in admin, the club had a bright future.

They would have been queuing up to buy the club, but Robinson wouldn't let go of his money.

Users who are viewing this thread