The unbelievable fools (1 Viewer)

cloughie

Having been to todays game and spoken to a CCFC employee /host I was amazed to hear the belief that sisu are the saviours of our club and ACL are in the wrong regarding the non payment of rent and more. yet having tried to explain this weeks events the reply I got was well acl need CCFC Tim fisher said that the yorkshire bank are taking control

I was amazed that anyone actually believes a word Tim but DIM Fisher says any more
Obviously the matchday staff trainning is working

hill83

Thing is, Sisu did save the club. That's a fact. Some people still hold onto that, and ignore the rest of their mismanagement and spin.

cloughie

agreed they did save the club yet with hindsight it would have been better to accept admin and let others takeover ( there was others interested )

I doubt it could have been mismanaged any worse

its the blinkers these sisu lovers wear that frustrate me!

Mucca Mad Boys

agreed they did save the club yet with hindsight it would have been better to accept admin and let others takeover ( there was others interested )

Point taken, but you're diving into an alternate universe of 'what if' SISU hadn't taken over... Which is fair enough, we can all have our opinions BUT, you nor anyone can't claim they are right because we don't know who would've taken over + what decisions they made etc. for that matter, IF anyone had taken over and we'd be sitting on an AFC CCFC forum now? We just cannot predict this things as it isn't like a chemical reaction where one can add + remove variables to see if there is an alternative outcome.

Something to make you the though... 'If SISU hadn't have took over' would we be sitting here still saying 'there were other parties interested' and why did we sell to 'x'? My point here is, we don't know what would've happend. I think, unless a billionaire was interested and took over, pretty much the same things would've happened and we'd be in a similar position and would be moaning at the current owners? (as with our previous owners)

coundonskyblue

Sisu 'saved us' from what exactly? League 1? Humiliation of been outbid on players by the likes of Swindon? The threat of being evicted from our home at any point now?

Starting with Robinson/Richardson, then through to sisu, they have destroyed this club in equal measure. Yet the likes of skybluetayor choose to blame all our problems on those of us who miss 1 game.

Astute

All of you would be queueing up to buy our club if you had a big lottery win.....wouldn't you........

The only way to end up with a small fortune after taking us over would be to start off with a big fortune. Ask SISU.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Thing is, Sisu did save the club. That's a fact. Some people still hold onto that, and ignore the rest of their mismanagement and spin.

Saved us from what? Administration?

Every club - bar two - who's entered administration have come out of the other side in better shape.

hill83

Every club - bar two - who's entered administration have come out of the other side in better shape.

Yes, from administration. And yes, you are right about the clubs who have gone into admin.
I'm just stating what happened.

WillieStanley

In the mean time, local businesses and charities who are owed money are shat on from an incredible height. Administration might be good for the club, but the local community... never.

dongonzalos

Have to say it is wrong when suppliers get screwed by football clubs going into admin due to their bad management.
However I often wonder what is it exactly that we should be do grateful that they have saved us from.

What did you envisage happening before sisu came in?

Astute

Have to say it is wrong when suppliers get screwed by football clubs going into admin due to their bad management.
However I often wonder what is it exactly that we should be do grateful that they have saved us from.

What did you envisage happening before sisu came in?

Getting promoted straight away and doing what the Baggies are doing and challenging for europe in the Prem :whistle:

SkyblueBazza

Originally Posted by Mary_Mungo_Midge:

Yes, from administration. And yes, you are right about the clubs who have gone into admin.
I'm just stating what happened.

No - it's not right at all. For lots of the clubs it's a short (in the grand scheme of things) term lifeline...that can ruin many other usually small businesses from the local community as WillieStanley says.

The odd one or two like Soton come out of it better...though early days still - but look just along the coast to Pompey who're in their second spell of administration in recent years. Crystal Palace are doing okay right now...after their second spell. Look at others like Walsall, Plymouth, Weymouth...& the list goes on. Administration is hardly likely to provide a good solution for anyone. Hence be grateful to SISU for saving us at the death. They are only really doing what administrators would do anyway - steady the ship & give it a viable future. Whether we agree with the methods I's another matter.

Otis

All of you would be queueing up to buy our club if you had a big lottery win.....wouldn't you........

The only way to end up with a small fortune after taking us over would be to start off with a big fortune. Ask SISU.

Yep. Always said if I won the lottery I would be first in the queue to buy the club!

Cloughie, I can't see you-something's impairing my vision..............................

cloughie

Cloughie, I can't see you-something's impairing my vision..............................

try opening your eyes ..............................................and mind

and i know you haven't got a leg to stand on:D

hope it continues to improve

dongonzalos

No - it's not right at all. For lots of the clubs it's a short (in the grand scheme of things) term lifeline...that can ruin many other usually small businesses from the local community as WillieStanley says.

The odd one or two like Soton come out of it better...though early days still - but look just along the coast to Pompey who're in their second spell of administration in recent years. Crystal Palace are doing okay right now...after their second spell. Look at others like Walsall, Plymouth, Weymouth...& the list goes on. Administration is hardly likely to provide a good solution for anyone. Hence be grateful to SISU for saving us at the death. They are only really doing what administrators would do anyway - steady the ship & give it a viable future. Whether we agree with the methods I's another matter.

I Think that was the point, they are only doing what administrators would do anyway. Except with administration it us likely we would be sold.
So what should we actually be so grateful for?

Wrenstreetcarpark

Steadying the ship by continuing to spend more on wages than their income and trying to pay for this by not paying the rent. Then they will only lose around £4m this year instead of £5m+. If that is steady I'd like to see them being irresponsible.

SkyblueBazza

I Think that was the point, they are only doing what administrators would do anyway. Except with administration it us likely we would be sold.
So what should we actually be so grateful for?

You said it yourself - the small businesses are at least still getting paid (unless anyone knows different) & they kept us afloat. As I said how they go about it is a different matter & we will never know if a.n.other would haveade better decisions. Doubt if L1 was in SISU plans though.

dongonzalos

You said it yourself - the small businesses are at least still getting paid (unless anyone knows different) & they kept us afloat. As I said how they go about it is a different matter & we will never know if a.n.other would haveade better decisions. Doubt if L1 was in SISU plans though.

Apart from ACL......

cloughie

Yet the creditable voice of PWKH seems to be ignored by those who are normally defending our owners

The silence is deafening

SkyblueBazza

Yet the creditable voice of PWKH seems to be ignored by those who are normally defending our owners

The silence is deafening

I agree that PWKH deserves a lot of credit & I's very enlightening...there is no doubt a lot more to the current situation than even he can offer. We ought to bear that in mind too in trying to be fair & reasonable to all parties. It's hard reaching compromises, but IMO they are usually the best way forward.

cloughie

I agree that PWKH deserves a lot of credit & I's very enlightening...there is no doubt a lot more to the current situation than even he can offer. We ought to bear that in mind too in trying to be fair & reasonable to all parties. It's hard reaching compromises, but IMO they are usually the best way forward.

agreed but will refer to previous post on other thread

Everyone agrees that the rent needs to be reduced but when ACL have offered 50 % off and then sisu continue to give out misinformation regarding ACL as a business, it is hardly constructive way forward to the problem

SkyblueBazza

agreed but will refer to previous post on other thread

Everyone agrees that the rent needs to be reduced but when ACL have offered 50 % off and then sisu continue to give out misinformation regarding ACL as a business, it is hardly constructive way forward to the problem

No, I do not agree with reducing the rent (unless it was built into the contract). The club's 2012/13 Business Plan should have budgeted for paying the agreed rate.

Astute

No, I do not agree with reducing the rent (unless it was built into the contract). The club's 2012/13 Business Plan should have budgeted for paying the agreed rate.

So you mean once the full rent is taken out of our income we would have about the same budget of the lower supported clubs in this division. These are the clubs that accept that this is their level.

A lower rent payable now with a deferred payment of the rest until we get promotion would have been the fairest way forward, not refusing to pay altogether.

nuckythompson

Long time reader but now feel forced through anger to post - the clubs refusal to pay rent is not about poverty or inability to pay it is about a more sinister game, the acquisition of ACL by hook or underhand crook. By not paying the rent they make ACL less profitable and therefore easier to buy, a dangerous game and shows the contempt with which these people hold the fans and the club. The only way they will pay the rent is if forced to by the court and even then they may take the view that liquidating the club is the cheaper option - if they cannot get their hands on the whole of ACL they will never get their "investment" back so may just cut their losses and fold the whole club. This threat of closure can be the only reason ACL have not enforced the court judgement they won several months ago against the club. Its a dangerous game that is being played and the future of the club could depend on its outcome.

Otis

So you mean once the full rent is taken out of our income we would have about the same budget of the lower supported clubs in this division. These are the clubs that accept that this is their level.

A lower rent payable now with a deferred payment of the rest until we get promotion would have been the fairest way forward, not refusing to pay altogether.

Which is what i alluded to on another thread. Why don't CCFC just pay what they see as a figure they would like to find agreement on and argue over the rest, rather than just not pay anything at all?

They can debate and argue over the rent but still at least pay part of it can't they?

wingy

Which is what i alluded to on another thread. Why don't CCFC just pay what they see as a figure they would like to find agreement on and argue over the rest, rather than just not pay anything at all?

They can debate and argue over the rent but still at least pay part of it can't they?

They would argue that they are already are Otis ,and higher than they would like,currently to work out at £250K. when Idealy they would prefer £100K. which they believe is the norm in the division + take the revenues that go with it .

Waldorf

They would argue that they are already are Otis ,and higher than they would like,currently to work out at £250K. when Idealy they would prefer £100K. which they believe is the norm in the division + take the revenues that go with it .

But they aren't getting the "norm" stadium for the first division, are they. You can't live on the Kenilworth Road and expect to pay a Wood End rent.

Users who are viewing this thread