The Ultimate Warrior (1 Viewer)

Cov City Daytrader 87

Sky blue fans who are also wrestling fans, James Brian Hellwig who was the Ultimate Warrior has passed away.

He was famous for beating Hulk Hogan for the WWF title in Wrestlemania 6.

Recently he was inducted in the Hall of Fame over the weekend and then gave an in-ring speech this past Monday on RAW.

The video of his speech is courtesy of Digitalspy.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s2...ate-warrior-dies-aged-54.html#~oAVXaiiKiVVnpf

Warrior thanks for the memories RIP.

Marty

RIP, he was my favourite when I use to watch wrestling in the early 90's.

Covstu

I was gutted when i heard this, he was a legend when i was a kid. Still remember WM6 where they come into the ring on a mini ring! Back in a era where there was only three belts and this was a major event in unifying the titles. Will be sorely missed.

On another note, did you see his rant on social media against Hulk Hogan? It was so good!!!

wingy

Did'nt know this Guy ,my Grandson loves WWE ,was'nt there another Guy passed away in the last three or four weeks ?RIP.

SlowerThanPlatt

Hard to believe that he's gone just like that, after seeing him live on WWE TV three straight days in a row. It also comes just when he had made amends with the company and was becoming actively involved in the business again as an ambassador for WWE. RIP.

SlowerThanPlatt

Details on exactly how The Ultimate Warrior passed away on Tuesday have not been released yet but below is the statement from Scottsdale police spokesman Sergeant Mark Clark, mentioning a catastrophic medical condition:

“On April 8 at 5:50 pm 54-year-old “Warrior” James B Hellwig collapsed while walking with his wife to their car at the Gainy Suites Hotel in Scottsdale, Ariz. Scottsdale Fire transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead soon after arrival. At this point in the investigation, it appears as though a catastrophic medical condition caused his death.”

TMZ reports that The Ultimate Warrior was seen clutching his chest moments before he collapsed at an Arizona hotel on Tuesday, according to their law enforcement sources who spoke with eye witnesses.

They report that Warrior was walking down a hallway at the Gainey Suites Hotel in Scottsdale, AZ, headed toward his car with his wife, when he stopped, clutched his chest and went down. He never recovered.

Sources told TMZ that officials believe Warrior suffered a "catastrophic medical event" and so far, there is no evidence to show drugs or alcohol were a factor in his death. All signs point to a massive heart attack. An investigation is underway and an autopsy is scheduled for Thursday.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Sorry to burst the bubble guys, but although it's sad news that someone has lost his life, the "wrestling bouts" were set up. It would have been decided weeks before each event who was going to win. The hardest part was remembering what moves each person had told the other he was going to use.

ajsccfc

They don't really storyboard like that, they mostly improvise and tell each other what's going to happen next as they go. The most experienced guy tends to lead.

bringbackrattles

Sorry to burst the bubble guys, but although it's sad news that someone has lost his life, the "wrestling bouts" were set up. It would have been decided weeks before each event who was going to win. The hardest part was remembering what moves each person had told the other he was going to use.
Wrestling set up ? I can't believe it ! Good job my Nan is dead or she would have got me in a Half-nelson if I told her that Jackie Pallo and Mick Mcmanus were good mates !

ajsccfc

You get an abnormal amount of suicides too. Three of the Von Erich brothers (Texas Tornado was the more famous) killed themselves.

Covstu

Benoit was another shock also Guerro. I used to watch is religiously when I was younger up to whilst I was at uni. Of course it was fake but fuck me the shit they used to do was amazing. The storylines were silly but that was the charm of it plus the ladies added to it!!!

Nick

Administrator
vince-mcmahon-walk.gif

This just cracks me up!

ajsccfc

Killed his son between killing his wife and himself too over the space of a weekend, just to give the story that extra layer of grim.

Houchens Head

It is from childhood....

In my childhood I watched Wrestling on a Saturday afternoon (ITV Sports with Dickie Davies). Jackie Pallo, Big Daddy, Catweasle, Kendo Nagasaki, Les Kellet, Mick McManus, Giant Haystacks et al. Now, they were REAL wrestlers! :whistle:

Nick

Administrator
In my childhood I watched Wrestling on a Saturday afternoon (ITV Sports with Dickie Davies). Jackie Pallo, Big Daddy, Catweasle, Kendo Nagasaki, Les Kellet, Mick McManus, Giant Haystacks et al. Now, they were REAL wrestlers! :whistle:

Was wrestling as good in black and white? :whistle:

Houchens Head

Was wrestling as good in black and white? :whistle:

Actually didn't notice Nick. We didn't have a colour telly until the mid 70's but what a revelation it was! Nothing worse than watching snooker in black & white! :D ("For those of you watching in black & white, the red's gone behind the blue.") Brilliant commentary! :D

Covstu

I can't think of anything more cringeworthy than grown blokes talking about wrestling or wrestlers.

Oh i feel so ashamed now...... you are so superior to us! Look it was a major part of a lot of kids growing up including mine and people liek the Ultimate Warrior were as famous as footballers (if not more!)

bringbackrattles

In the 60's as a kid my dad used to take me to the Drill Hall which is where IKEA is now,to watch the wrestling and boxing on a Saturday night.I loved it and saw some well known wrestlers off the telly.
My favourite was Johnny Kwango he used to head butt his opponent,a lot better than Alan Pardew ! Great times.

wingy

Who was the Commentator ?

Kent Walton? Just googled him.

Interesting guy ,was a radio Luxembourg DJ also and produced a couple of sexploitation films .

Did the wrestling commentaries for 33 yrs 1055-1988.

Users who are viewing this thread