The Twist and Shout Fanzine? (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Is it still going? Have not seen any being sold? :(

lewys33

No it isn't. Jimbo runs it (I used to do it with him) and he said he is not doing it whilst they are in Northampton.

Covstu

always brought one with a badge too!! when we went to Gillingham with sombreros we made the cover!!! :)

lewys33

Ill ask him if he has changed his mind and is maybe doing them for just away games, I will ask! He still does badges btw!

lewys33

He has just confirmed to me that he isn't doing TnS at the moment. However he may look to do 1 for an away game in the future if away support continues to be high.

duffer

That's just brought back a ton of memories... Chatting with Paul, who used to sell T & S by the West End turnstiles, before the game. Drinking in Strikers after the game, and the bloke coming round with 'The Pink', which I always bought, but was probably too drunk to read by then. ;)

Didn't know it at the time, but looking back they were great days....

CJ_covblaze

Ill ask him if he has changed his mind and is maybe doing them for just away games, I will ask! He still does badges btw!

They're running out fast though! Btw didn't we take it over the same time as SISU came in Lewis? One hell of a first issue!

theferret

only a quid

You could hear PM's sales pitch from the bottom of Swan Lane. He has one of those voices you immediately tune into.

As for fanzines, nothing will ever beat the SBA in the days when fanzines were fresh, raw and actually quite important. Internet killed all that though, that and the fact Mick and Dave couldn't be arsed to sell it anymore.

CJ_covblaze

shoesmith81

Can anyone remember the edition before the Villa game where they depicted Villa players as cocks?
The Townsend and Saunders pics were hilarious lol.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I most certainly do. Always thought 'The West Ender' was kind of the broadsheet version, with T & S going down the tabloid route. It's probably just that one was actually physically bigger than the other though. :)

It may be time making things seem better, but I do seem to recall that the West Ender tended to have more "considered" articles.

I reckon I must still have a few copies somewhere in the loft. Must have a look one of theses days......

CJ_covblaze

Just discovered a bag full of TNS match badges from the FAC 5th round game against the Baggies. Who wouldn't want one?!

Give me your best offer City fans. All money goes to charity.

Users who are viewing this thread