The timing is amazing (1 Viewer)

Godiva

On the day when sisu are to meet with ACL to negotiate a rent reduction, Hoffmans group release the great news, that he is still working on taking over the club and part of the stadium.

To add validity he is now working with an expert and focusing on chinese investors.

Well, that's all very fine and it could be the new dawn we're all hoping for.

But the timing of this 'news story' is amazing. Surely this could have waited till the rent was settled? Hoffmans businessplan would also benefit from a rent reduction.

Only, if sisu is successful in getting the rent lowered to a more realistic level and then secure the funds to run the club another year, that would be really bad news for Hoffman as he could face a tougher negotiation with sisu later on (should he ever assemble a serious investor group).

You may think sisu play hard ball - but Hoffman is no chicken either.

Astute

If the council tell SISU where to go.they will know the game is over. This could get interesting.

Chipfat

The timing is for a reason and by no means by accident, this tells the council other and maybe better offers are open to them...Very interesting times ahead if anything comes of this story in the paper..

Astute

"The chinese bid was not considered to be serious as the menu supplied was not on official note headed paper"

Monkeyface

I think you can be sure that everyone involved with this meeting about the rent, knew everything we are reading today, last week. The timing makes no difference what so ever.

Senior Vick from Alicante

If, and its the biggest IF in the world as far as city fans are concerned GODIVA, a chinese backed investor takes over then their would not have to be a rent reduction if they are looking to purchase a 50% stake. SISU cant afford to buy a share at the moment thats why their negotiating to try and get a rent reduction. I think the council would welcome a joint owner if it means the surrounding land wil be developed, it means jobs infrastructure and money back in the public coffers for them. I think the storys release has nothing to do with todays negotiations, historicaly the CET has only ever released stuff on Thursdays in recent times as no one buys the paper for the job section any more. I am not anti Telegraph, but papers in general are supposed to be investigative and report a balanced story, not once have they had a good long look at whats been going on behind the scene's. They have given SISU an easy ride and need to reflect the real feeling towards them instead of being worried about who they are upsetting. If its factual and its in the public interest, which 10000 season tickets holders think it is, then research it and let us all now as its for the good of the city. PUSB

Godiva

If, and its the biggest IF in the world as far as city fans are concerned GODIVA, a chinese backed investor takes over then their would not have to be a rent reduction if they are looking to purchase a 50% stake. SISU cant afford to buy a share at the moment thats why their negotiating to try and get a rent reduction. I think the council would welcome a joint owner if it means the surrounding land wil be developed, it means jobs infrastructure and money back in the public coffers for them. I think the storys release has nothing to do with todays negotiations, historicaly the CET has only ever released stuff on Thursdays in recent times as no one buys the paper for the job section any more. I am not anti Telegraph, but papers in general are supposed to be investigative and report a balanced story, not once have they had a good long look at whats been going on behind the scene's. They have given SISU an easy ride and need to reflect the real feeling towards them instead of being worried about who they are upsetting. If its factual and its in the public interest, which 10000 season tickets holders think it is, then research it and let us all now as its for the good of the city. PUSB

Yes, if somebody were able to buy the club and half the stadium and secure income streams from the surrounding areas by investing in hotels, retail shops etc ... then there would be no need for a reduced rent.
But how long will it take to get there?
And in the mean time the club is restricted by the FFP regulations.

I am pretty sure the story was not published today by coincidence. In my mind it was perfectly timed and planted by Hoffmans people.
I think it is a stroke of genious if you're on Hoffmans team - as it can only make sisu's negotiations with ACL more difficult.
If you want sisu out at all cost - that's a good move.

I agree about the CET. That paper is only suited for wrapping fish and chips.
How goes the intro of Jon Stewards Today show?
'The show you are about to see is a news comedy. It's stories are not fact checked and it's reporters are not journalists.' (Something like that).
With a few minor changes, that would suit as a perfect description of the CET.

smouch1975

Half ownership of the Ricoh and access to revenue streams is the only way to move CCFC forward. Regardless of who the owners of the club are

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
half ownership (a) is not guaranteed (b) does not guarantee a rent reduction (c) doesnt mean CCFC gets any more income at all

Senior Vick from Alicante

How would it work OSB if they did own their half. Would the rent not reduce by 50% and they have access to any revenue produced by the footballing activities as I presume ACL would take the concert and exhibitions revenues?

SkyBlue_Bear83

No idea how anything works with the stadium, why does everyone keep making a huge deal out of 50% ownership of the Ricoh if it wouldn't benefit the club financially?

chiefdave

I would imagine if they owned 50% then the rental agreement will still be the same but they would be in a stronger position to push for a change to that. It's often stated that the council have not recieved any money as any profit goes to making payments on the loan, is this just by choice or if there were a change in ownership could it be decided not to do this and split any profit 50/50?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
ACL is an entirely seperate body that has a 40 year lease with CCFC - buying the 50% shares does not change that. If you buy shares in Brit Gas PLC it doesnt get you a price cut or a share in their income. It might get you a dividend but it is a stated policy that ACL will not pay dividends until it has repaid its loan.... right now a dividend would be illegal anyway

Buying the Charity shares does not provide money to repay the loan btw. The money goes straight to the Charity

The income of ACL belongs to ACL........... it isnt a matter of splitting football related to the club and other to ACL. If CCFC want those income streams they have to buy them, but ACL are already locked into a 10yr joint venture with Compass so it isnt straight forward

Last edited:

skybluesam66

old sky blue - you are absolutely correct, however the option of the 10m share is still a bargain particularly with

Olympics
Rugby World cup
Re-selling of the stadium naming rights

All coming up in the next 3 years

Also interesting the extra developments going on on the Tesco site

I also know nothing except to say that when I asked Hoff at St Marys - as a Poker player I would say that its more on than off

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I agree the long term potential of the Ricoh is good value at £10m - so long as you have £10m to lock away for a number of years with no return.

The Tesco site is actually anything to do with ACL as it was sold to Tescos to finance the stadium

The deal may or may not be on - just saying what is or isnt possible given the info we actually know

skybluehugh

Hi all no dig at anyone, but a bit confused (not to difficult) but if you part buy part rent a house you don,t pay the same amount of rent as your mate next door who is just renting . So surly if you own half you pay half the rent wouldn't you?

Greggs

Telergraph is a massive waste of money and paper

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Hi all no dig at anyone, but a bit confused (not to difficult) but if you part buy part rent a house you don,t pay the same amount of rent as your mate next door who is just renting . So surly if you own half you pay half the rent wouldn't you?

but they are not going to be buying half the stadium they are going to buying half the shares in ACL - if it happens at all

rob9872

but they are not going to be buying half the stadium they are going to buying half the shares in ACL - if it happens at all

Surely that's good though? And when they pay the £1m rent they are paying themselves so no reduction rquired as effectively only costing half.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Surely that's good though? And when they pay the £1m rent they are paying themselves so no reduction rquired as effectively only costing half.

not saying its a bad thing rob but it isnt a short term thing.

yes they pay ACL the rent but they cant get it out again until ACL start making distributions on the shares .... and that might not happen for years

So in effect the situation is the same as now but the club have a fixed asset investment they paid say £10m for with the expectation of return in the longer term

Users who are viewing this thread