The time has come (1 Viewer)

Tonylinc

For ACL to make an offer to CCFC for a return to the Ricoh. As I understand it they are paying £100,000/year rent, not sure if any parking, F&B is included but if ACL match that AND make the offer public, we would all know once and for all who is to blame for this mess if Shitzu tuned it down.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Havent they already done soemthing very similar though.. did they not offer £150,000/annum and that was turned down?
Do I not also recall Mr Fisher suggesting that the low profit margins from food and beverage sales(as they are professed to be) prevented SISU from entertaining the current catering contract as business viable?

letsallsingtogether

Timmy said no he hasn't been asked they approached the administrator......

AND I for one believe every word he says :thinking about: look they are not interested not now not ever.

we will be re-branded within the 3-5 years we are away CCFC will be no more and no-one will stop them or get in their way or they will pursue you prosecute you prostitute and ruin you............................................

Havent they already done soemthing very similar though.. did they not offer £150,000/annum and that was turned down?
Do I not also recall Mr Fisher suggesting that the low profit margins from food and beverage sales(as they are professed to be) prevented SISU from entertaining the current catering contract as business viable?

quinn1971

Think it's gone past that now. We won't be going back to the ricoh so long as sisu are here.Too much has gone on to agree a deal.can anybody answer this? It seems like the key to a deal for the ricoh being done is sisu getting the f&b money.How come compass have never been mentioned in any of this ? If sisu can get the money for a new ground then surely they could buy the rights off compass ?.

Agreed, would love it to happen but Timmy has said it never will..................or could he be telling fibs again......:thinking about:

mark82

Couldn't agree more. Give them no excuse. Also, haven't SISU suggested mediation before? Or was it ACL (I forget)? Either way, surely it is time that the league should force this on them.

ccfcway

Isn't it clear by now, Sisu want the Ricoh at a price they name, no negotiations.
It isn't going to happen.

exactly

So why on earth dont ACL come out in public and announce the deal they have offered Otium..

Then we would all know what Otium /SISU's game is

Paxman II

How many times must this be denied before some on here finally get it? NO this offer was not made and the offer that you talk about was to the administrator who could not act on that in his remit. It also had a few very special clauses such as a 10 year tied agreement and no F&B etc. to name a few few, totally not what some on here believe happened.

As for a 100k rent offer to match Northampton? Well yes in theory but what about the increased match day cost, the increased policing cost etc etc? The only short term offer that's realistic would be a free rent season while they get a deal sorted for a permanent solution.

bigfatronssba

How many times must this be denied before some on here finally get it? NO this offer was not made and the offer that you talk about was to the administrator who could not act on that in his remit. It also had a few very special clauses such as a 10 year tied agreement and no F&B etc. to name a few few, totally not what some on here believe happened.

As for a 100k rent offer to match Northampton? Well yes in theory but what about the increased match day cost, the increased policing cost etc etc? The only short term offer that's realistic would be a free rent season while they get a deal sorted for a permanent solution.

Answer me this then, what would have stopped sisu renting the Ricoh for 3-5 years, whilst building a new ground, then liquidating the business when the new ground is built?

Paxman II

Because ACL want 10 years? ACL are the people with the keys. It's ACL who need to find a tenant and make an offer to one. I suppose that will need to be more than just an offer to rent their pitch? You seem to be under the illusion that the football club should make the first move? The onus is on ACL surely? The football club may have played there before but it was never their exclusive right other than match days and then just to play on the pitch.
Why would they liquidate a business after it built a new stadium?

pugwash

Because ACL want 10 years?

Well the current contract has 40+ years, and it didn't stop them from attempting to break it. As of right now, they STILL have that contract.

ACL are the people with the keys. It's ACL who need to find a tenant and make an offer to one. I suppose that will need to be more than just an offer to rent their pitch? You seem to be under the illusion that the football club should make the first move? The onus is on ACL surely? The football club may have played there before but it was never their exclusive right other than match days and then just to play on the pitch.

And the club shop, and the hospitality, and probably a few other things too. The onus is certainly on ACL to find another tenant, or find another purpose for the pitch I suppose if nothing works out short term - yet CCFC currently have no stadium, and no apparent plans for a stadium given they don't even have any land at present (and I suspect a pretty small chance of getting planning permission any time in the next few years regardless). At some point they have to do something or risk everything falling apart on them.

Pax- please give us your blue print for a successful model- ACL-CCC-HIGGS trust and CCFC(Otium).. living as one in perfect harmony- I'd be interested to know?

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

Because ACL want 10 years? ACL are the people with the keys. It's ACL who need to find a tenant and make an offer to one. I suppose that will need to be more than just an offer to rent their pitch? You seem to be under the illusion that the football club should make the first move? The onus is on ACL surely? The football club may have played there before but it was never their exclusive right other than match days and then just to play on the pitch.

That doesn't really answer my question does it?

Ccfc ltd could have carried on paying the £1.3m rent for the next few years whilst ccfc holdings built a new ground. Ccfc ltd could have then broke the lease.

edgy

Probably because the ACL offer isn't/won't be as good or as attractive as it may seem on the surface. If it doesn't offer revenue streams or part ownership, it ain't worth jackshit.

Probably because the ACL offer isn't/won't be as good or as attractive as it may seem on the surface. If it doesn't offer revenue streams or part ownership, it ain't worth jackshit.

Part ownership.....nail on head... apart from the part.....SISU want full ownership.

bigfatronssba

OK, so what have we got now for the next 3-5 years?

rondog1973

How many times must it be said before people get it into their heads, they are not, have no intention of, and never will, build a new stadium.

SIR ERNIE

10 year agreement=perfectly reasonable.
no F&B=so what? small beer, please don't fall for that SISU red herring.

The fact is ACL called SISU's bluff when they offered a reduced rent from £1.3m to £150k.
In rejecting it, SISU's true motives were exposed. SISU's priority was never the football club.

NOPM.

RegTheDonk

A 3 year deal was suggested to fisher while they built the stadium by a texter on shanes show last monday, but fisher rejected this idea out of hand

CCFC_GT

exactly

So why on earth dont ACL come out in public and announce the deal they have offered Otium..

Then we would all know what Otium /SISU's game is

I agree the time has come for ACL to make a publicly declares offer for CCFC to return to the Ricoh, but as I see it this is so we know what the game is on both sides, because I don't trust SISU or CCC and blame them both for the demise of our club.

Through the SBT and direct e-mails to ACL/CCC we need to put pressure on ACL to do this.

This is a summary of my thoughts made in previous posts regarding applying pressure to both sides:-

1. Continued NOPM on SISU to minimise its income, regardless of semantics over individual interpretation of this.

2. Put pressure on CCC/ACL to offer to sell the 77% of IEC that ACL owns at a reasonable market price to the football club, to give access to revenues to aid FFP for the football club, and add a value that with a long lease makes the club more saleable. If SISU then turns this down it would finally confirm the majority belief that its only real agenda is distressed acquisition of the Ricoh and that it has absolutely no interest in the football club. If CCC through ACL is not prepared to offer to sell 77% of IEC, then CCC/ACL cannot seriously expect to agree a deal. No investors, even new ones that most would like to see, are likely to accept any deal that includes only match day revenues and profits, as this doesn't enable the club to benefit from all activities at the Ricoh, as was originally envisaged when the stadium was planned. (77% of IEC is not just F&B rights, it is all Ricoh catering and site management revenues)

I personally agree with CCC protecting the asset of the Ricoh for the community by continuing with at least part ownership of the freehold, but I don't agree with it continuing with its fingers in the pie of revenues, or frankly management of the stadium.

SIR ERNIE

I agree the time has come for ACL to make a publicly declares offer for CCFC to return to the Ricoh, but as I see it this is so we know what the game is on both sides, because I don't trust SISU or CCC and blame them both for the demise of our club.

Through the SBT and direct e-mails to ACL/CCC we need to put pressure on ACL to do this.

This is a summary of my thoughts made in previous posts regarding applying pressure to both sides:-

1. Continued NOPM on SISU to minimise its income, regardless of semantics over individual interpretation of this.

2. Put pressure on CCC/ACL to offer to sell the 77% of IEC that ACL owns at a reasonable market price to the football club, to give access to revenues to aid FFP for the football club, and add a value that with a long lease makes the club more saleable. If SISU then turns this down it would finally confirm the majority belief that its only real agenda is distressed acquisition of the Ricoh and that it has absolutely no interest in the football club. If CCC through ACL is not prepared to offer to sell 77% of IEC, then CCC/ACL cannot seriously expect to agree a deal. No investors, even new ones that most would like to see, are likely to accept any deal that includes only match day revenues and profits, as this doesn't enable the club to benefit from all activities at the Ricoh, as was originally envisaged when the stadium was planned. (77% of IEC is not just F&B rights, it is all Ricoh catering and site management revenues)

I personally agree with CCC protecting the asset of the Ricoh for the community by continuing with at least part ownership of the freehold, but I don't agree with it continuing with its fingers in the pie of revenues, or frankly management of the stadium.

Are you mad?

ACL have already bent over backwards in making the £150k offer.

Do you seriously want SISU to have even more control?

Grendel

Z
Are you mad?

For goodness sake - the £150,000 deal was not offered to the owners but to the administrator. How many times does this have to be said to you before it sinks in?

jesus-wept

What about Preston Heskell being more positive about his apparent interest. He still keeps coming over so I suppose he is still keen. Might indicate how much sisu would sell at, although the common theme is "the club is not for sale" I don't believe that for one minute.

CCFC_GT

Are you mad?

What I want is what is best for the football club, not what is best for SISU or CCC.

What I would also like to see is the commercial positions of SISU and CCC fully exposed, so that we can all judge and understand without any need for presumptions.

Block19

What all 3 parties have proved ACL the council and SISU is that they all have no business sense whatsoever and are great at wasting money. If one of the three had put in the money they have all wasted into the club then we would be at least in the championship. All of them need to do what's best for the club, the fans, and the city and admit defeat and sell up to one person/ set up. Oh wait they there egos won't allow it

chiefdave

Because ACL want 10 years?

wasn't the offer a rolling 10 year lease as FL regulations (should they ever decide to stick to any) require a minimum of 10 years?

For goodness sake - the £150,000 deal was not offered to the owners but to the administrator.

That maybe (I thought it was offered to SISU but Fisher claimed they couldn't make an agreement prior to the CVA being signed despite the fact they had already signed an agreement with NTFC in the same circumstances?) but when pushed on CWR if Otium would agree to a 150K rent offer he refused to answer, the phrasing and the way he was squirming made it pretty clear to me the answer was no but he didn't want to admit it.

Do we know for a fact the £150K offer didn't include any F&B?

M&B Stand

Why have people latched onto this 150k as if it's doing us a massive favour? Hull & Doncaster pay nowhere near that to play at council owned stadiums and they're in divisions above us taking all the revenue they generate.

bigfatronssba

Why have people latched onto this 150k as if it's doing us a massive favour? Hull & Doncaster pay nowhere near that to play at council owned stadiums and they're in divisions above us taking all the revenue they generate.

Those stadiums are much smaller

Users who are viewing this thread