The Thorn out people (1 Viewer)

wingy

Thinking about this idon't think as fans we have bayed in outrage for any of the previous three managers heads ,definately not Dowie ,Coleman possibly but his record was lethal,and Aidy the Football was dire but we were flying till /Xmas ,but idon't recall chants for the managers head.

skyblueshaun

did u see his substitutions today ? the roy odonovan for shaun jeffers was ok but the other 2 were stupid subs why take bigi off when conor thomas was playing absolutely shite ?

shmmeee

We've been lenient with all our managers for the past 5-6 years.

Rubbish. We haven't given a single manager more than one full season since we came down and since then weve always been in dire need of major restructuring which doesn't happen overnight.

Grendel

Rubbish. We haven't given a single manager more than one full season since we came down and since then weve always been in dire need of major restructuring which doesn't happen overnight.

Coleman was here for 2 full seasons

Grendel

I'm sure we would be just as lenient with a proper manager as we're being with thorn in the current situation. And before people start banding about previous managers names, it is impossible to be objective when you already dislike them based on what they did here.

Brilliant! Make a comment and if anyone argues with it you are biased!

Macca

The argument is dead. Sisu and their puppet are going nowhere. Those who have put him on a pedestal deserve every defeat we get. It's a crazy bunch of fans who call the great snoz a sisu puppet yet back the biggest puppet of them all. I wash my hands with the lot of them

Grendel

The argument is dead. Sisu and their puppet are going nowhere. Those who have put him on a pedestal deserve every defeat we get. It's a crazy bunch of fans who call the great snoz a sisu puppet yet back the biggest puppet of them all. I wash my hands with the lot of them

Sadly you are right. If Jimmy Hill had still been able to make a comment and said fans should support the team they would probably have pulled the statue down and said he was over-rated. Sillett never managed the club apparently, actually the cup win was probably an LSD trip injected by SISU when we last entered the ground.

ICHAN

Thinking about this idon't think as fans we have bayed in outrage for any of the previous three managers heads ,definately not Dowie ,Coleman possibly but his record was lethal,and Aidy the Football was dire but we were flying till /Xmas ,but idon't recall chants for the managers head.

Sorry Wingy just picking your quote out.

So uptill now then the board or whoever have been changing managers and not the fans so how can the fans be asked to give the manager time and chopping and changing and asking for a mangers head solves nothing when the board have made these decisions.

So as fans have we become so down trodden and just been accepting what is dished up and just turning a blind eye for the past however many years and just accepting it is what it is?

So is this down to the new generation of CCFC supporter who knows no differance (again no offence to them it is not their fault) just accepting it?
The more senior fans who were in the old west end etc who used to be the voice of the club have had there time to make the voice of the fans be heard and so it is down to the new generation of fans to have their voice heard (I know what I am trying to say it's just trying to put it down without offending anyone).

Because they were not around when we were in the prem and seen the fight and desire the teams had then to survive and grind out results they have nothing to compare it to so accept it, because there is no way that this would have been allowed to happen without the managers head being bayed for or protesting when a manager was uncerimoniously sacked.

Last edited:

la-ccfc

did u see his substitutions today ? the roy odonovan for shaun jeffers was ok but the other 2 were stupid subs why take bigi off when conor thomas was playing absolutely shite ?

Bigi was playing just as badly, and looked tired. Hussey for Wood was because Wood had an injury.

@richh87

We are down and even I am fed up with sounding like a broken record. We are stuck with Thorn till the end of the season. Then his contract is up and he is just a (very) unfortunate blip on the history of the club and the ultimate summary of SISU incompetence - the employment of a hopelessly out of depth individual to do a job in the most difficult of circumstances.
Oddly SISU incompetence has worked in his favour and made him some peculiar anti-hero in peoples eyes.
The one fear that I have is that he despite appearing rather stupid has an astute eye for the mood of the people. When Boothroyd went, if he was playing entertaining football AT would have declared its results that matter - he wants to please the majority and as he has pulled this off will continue to do so.
All this talk of takeover when and where is nonsense. Just wait for AT to start publicly slagging off SISU and saying he wanted to sign this and that and then you know it is happening tomorrow.
Thorn cares about one thing and one thing only and that is self-preservation. He knows no other club would contemplate him at the helm and will say, do whatever he can to stay where he is. Sky Blue through and through? Only if the SISU dollar keeps rewarding him.

I don't understand your hatred of Andy Thorn. You come across like one of those Steve Kean protesters at Blackburn - some complete idiot angry at the wrong people. I say this because you ridiculed the protest yesterday.

I think you might be a bit simple.

:facepalm:

Macca

Why seperate sisu from thorn. You turn him into a martyr but he is happy to take their money

la-ccfc

Why seperate sisu from thorn. You turn him into a martyr but he is happy to take their money

So what is he meant to do resign, and have no job. How many people would actually quit their job (even though they need the money) just because the owners of the company did something you didn't agree with.

stupot07

Brilliant! Make a comment and if anyone argues with it you are biased!

I will take that as a complement! :)

I suppose what I was trying to say is, you get people saying - "we wouldn't have been so lenient if say Peter Reid was in charge why is thorn so special". What I'm saying is it's hard to be objective because we already have negative opinions about Reid et al. I believe if they were in the same position as thorn (I.e only been in post for this season plus 10 last season), without the hindsight of their previous tenure and in the exact same current financial/playing staff constraints, I think the fans would be just as lenient as they are being with thorn - I know that I would be.

Otis

Not at all rubbish, Shmmee.. Surprised at you cos you usually talk sense. You tell me where there have been mass chants of "Dowie out" or "Coleman out" or Boothroyd out?" You can't because there hasn't been any. Fans have been very very lenient with our managers. We have been so worn down by mediocrity that we have lost the heart for a fight. There have been criticisms for sure but no mass protests or calls for managers heads. On the while the past 3 or 4 managers have been given quite an easy-ish ride.

We have been very lenient. Criticisms yes, chants and banners calling for manager's heads, no.

Lenient.

The board have not been lenient at all, but the fans, yes, of course we have and that's what I am talking about. Unless we are talking about different things and you are speaking about the club while I am talking about "we" as in the fans.

Moff

I don't understand your hatred of Andy Thorn. You come across like one of those Steve Kean protesters at Blackburn - some complete idiot angry at the wrong people. I say this because you ridiculed the protest yesterday.

First and foremost I fail to see the 'hatred' in K Duffys pots, as he just says it as he sees it.

Is that not ok with you? as by doing so you have labelled him simple. A bit rich, as seeing you are being more than a little small minded.

Whether you agree or disagree with thorn, his results are cr*p and we are down. In most clubs you may well have seen a change in manager by now as its the only thing left to do, but as with all things Sky Blue, SISU are uninterested and out of their depth, a bit like Thorn.

Oh and comparing anyone calling into question Thorns ability (or lack of it) on here to the bile Kean has receieved is way off the mark.

Macca

So what is he meant to do resign, and have no job. How many people would actually quit their job (even though they need the money) just because the owners of the company did something you didn't agree with.

Exactly it's the money, easy money, so let's quit canonising him for now eh?

Grendel

I don't "hate" Andy Thorn as you put it. As usual a reasoned argument is presented and you are incapable of an equally reasoned response with no facts to offer in return so some tiresome insults come out.
I did not "rubbish" the protest by the way please provide some posts to support the evidence of that notion. I will provide posts of my own if you like.
As for Thorn of course the dichotomy of the argument you present is hilarious. It is only SISU who would employ and would continue to employ Thorn, any other board that actually takes an interest in the playing side would sack him regardless of resources. If he is good why doesn't he resign surely a queue of clubs would want him either as a brilliant scout or a tactical genius of a manager. Why does he stay and put up with the terrible indignities SISU heap on him.
Next time answer questions with facts. Got to go I now need that brain transplant so I can compete with you on an intellectually equal basis.

Users who are viewing this thread