The things they say.... (1 Viewer)

olderskyblue

Missus is having a clear out of the cupboards, wardrobes etc in our bedroom, and she just came down with a bag of newspapers and says "can I throw these away?"

Papers from May 16, 17 and 18th 1987....

Saturdays Telegraph, Pink, Sunday papers, Mondays Telegraph etc. Even a CET Soccer 87 Special from August 87, with Benno, Cyril, Houch and Speedie on the cover.

She's now gone away to try and extract the flea from her ear... :D

mechaishida

Missus is having a clear out of the cupboards, wardrobes etc in our bedroom, and she just came down with a bag of newspapers and says "can I throw these away?"

Saturdays Telegraph, Pink, Sunday papers, Mondays Telegraph etc. Even a CET Soccer 87 Special from August 87, with Benno, Cyril, Houch and Speedie on the cover.

Is that code for "she's now trying to remove a remote control from her forehead"?

matesx

my old Ma kept a copy of the Glasgow Herald newspaper of the day i was born

really interesting now to read the news of the day

...that was a cool story wasnt it??.... not :whistle:

Citysince47

Took my (then girlfriend. now wife) to her first match against the Wolves. Biggest gate in our history. c50k dressed in skyblue. teams come out. She says "which lot or ours". Never taken her back in 47 years.

Otis

I had a similar thing when I took my then girlfriend to the Watford league cup quarter final replay, after we had drawn 2-2 at their place. Came back to HR and we walloped them 5-0 at home.

Anyway, it was her first game and as soon as the match kicked off, all of a sudden, from out of nowhere she came out with 'Come on Watford!'

We split up shortly afterwards and I think we are talking minutes rather than days.

lordsummerisle

Took an ex-girlfriend of mine to Southend a few years back for a dirty weekend(which happened to co-incide with us playing them on the Friday night).

Good game, won 3-2, Eastwood scored two(for Sothend), and Adebola played a blinder.

All through the game the chants of "Ooh Adebola" were enthusiastically joined by my girlfriend.

Wasn't til next day when I'm reading the match report in the paper that she says to me, "Oh I thought he was called Adam Bowler".

Think there was a player for ?Derby called that at the time, not that she'd have known.

Dozy bint!

jimmyhillsfanclub

The only game I ever took my wife (then girlfriend) to was the FA Cup QF against Sheff Utd in 1998......

She was less than impressed with the "seats" I'd got....behind the goal in the WT:D

I was less than impressed with her indifference to the fact that we were only 2 games from Wembley, and considering that we'd already dispatched Liverpool, Derby & Villa & we're now 1 up against a Sheffield side.....our name was definitely maybe on the cup....

Then Marcello..
....then the replay.
..and the penalties....

....and I still blame her.:whistle:

Terry Gibson's perm

Took my Villa supporting girlfriend (now wife) to watch us play at Grimsby and drove straight back after the game! All game there were to blokes trying to start shit on the Villa she was most impressed.

Speedies_Chips

I took my then girlfriend to City v non-league Woking in the Cup at HR (her first City game - she was a Blue nose). We drew (think they got a late equaliser). Afterwards she said can we go to Woking for the replay as they are a good team!

Specs WT-R75

At least she asked first...

Otis

At least she asked first...
Indeed!

I came home one day and my life's work had been thrown in the bin! Every tape of every song I had ever written, ever video tape of every concert of bands I was in, every script of every play I wrote, everything. All the way back from 12 years old to present.

Reasoning? 'They were old.'

:(

Terry Gibson's perm

We are a bunch of old romantics on her taking or current and ex partners to see some terrible stuff I am amazed we are not all single

Astute

We are a bunch of old romantics on her taking or current and ex partners to see some terrible stuff I am amazed we are not all single

You lot maybe but not me. My wife loves football but have never taken her to a City game. That is my time. We both have our own time. Maybe why I have kept her for so long.

Terry Gibson's perm

You lot maybe but not me. My wife loves football but have never taken her to a City game. That is my time. We both have our own time. Maybe why I have kept her for so long.

I am the same now I go by myself and she works at the weekend now so I dump the kids at my parents and it is my time.

LastGarrison

I'm with Astute, I steadfastly refuse to take my missus to the football.

I have, however, taken her to a boxing match (Froch Kessler II) and she was jumping around like a loon and throwing punches like she was fighting him herself. Still don't know if I was embarrassed or secretly proud. :D

oakey

All the women I know that go to games are quite capable of going without being taken.

stevefloyd

I took my wife to vile park she was a villa fan but we sat in the away end, it was the year we needed to win but lost and Notts County done us a favour, when Regis scored for vile she stood up and celebrated. .. i told her to fuck off. Pre season i went to Scotland and these 2 guys shouted...its the villa fan... we are now divorced

lifeskyblue

I've been with the wife a few times. Before we were married she we went to some games over a couple of seasons...she enjoyed it but always complained she was cold. Since we have been up Highfield rd and Ricoh but only with the kids and often she had my seat with the kids and I had to sit a few rows or blocks away. She hasn't been for a few seasons but always tries to keep up with city news. Football she really watched now is one of the daughters (recently stopped playing) and the son (13) playing. Never misses their games bless her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

I've mentioned this on here before but you've brought it back to my memory so here it is. When I was a kid and a big City fan I collected autographs,books,programmes,and anything football related and kept the lot in boxes in my bedroom.When I left home to live with my girlfriend I put the collection away as we never had room for it all,and never gave it much thought for a couple of years until we split up and I returned home for a while.But when I went upstairs to have a reunion with my collection to my dismay it was gone,and I found out that my mother had thrown the lot out ! She couldn't understand why I was red in the face and about to self implode,and calmly said : They were only football stuff at the end of the day ! I loved my mum but if she was still alive I'd still give her a bollocking for nearly giving me a stroke !

usskyblue

Initially I stood my ground but these days I say 'soccer' here and 'football' at home (although it takes me a day or two to adjust either way).

Perryccfc

I used to take my ex and she always insisted we sat in block 15. I'm not keen on sitting there but she liked to join in the singing.

We went to the Leeds game which we lost 3-2, as Leeds scored their 3rd goal the fans were obviously looking our way and cheering etc, and from nowhere I heard "F**k off you Tw**s" at the top of her voice! I nearly frog marched her out!

rob9872

Took my Villa supporting girlfriend (now wife) to watch us play at Grimsby and drove straight back after the game! All game there were to blokes trying to start shit on the Villa she was most impressed.

My wife's w villa fan too. Always assumed we were the only mixed marriage on this board.

Hobo

Luckily my wife hates shopping, she would rather go and watch football, cricket and rugby. She was very well brought up by her father and grandfather; both keen sportsmen.

Brylowes

I used to take my ex and she always insisted we sat in block 15. I'm not keen on sitting there but she liked to join in the singing.

We went to the Leeds game which we lost 3-2, as Leeds scored their 3rd goal the fans were obviously looking our way and cheering etc, and from nowhere I heard "F**k off you Tw**s" at the top of her voice! I nearly frog marched her out!
She was funny as f**k pez. Great laugh at the soccer.soz football

Users who are viewing this thread